10-03-2012 08:09 AM
737 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    for anyone who doesnt know, on play store you can read reviews only from people with your own device
    Funky, how does one do this? I'm at work with my phone off so I can't peruse the market at the moment but please let me know how we can sort reviews by phone type. Is it simply in the drop down menu for "Most helpful" and all that?

Rev.
    09-18-2012 03:29 PM
    Funky, how does one do this? I'm at work with my phone off so I can't peruse the market at the moment but please let me know how we can sort reviews by phone type. Is it simply in the drop down menu for "Most helpful" and all that?

Rev.
    I never notived that either. I'm gonna check it out now.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    09-18-2012 03:36 PM

Rev.
    to the right of the "most helpful first" theres the "options" pull down with these options:

...grr its not letting me upload screenshot but you can check "for my device only" and "for this version only"

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    xlDeMoNiClx likes this.
    09-18-2012 03:42 PM
    http://db.tt/PWJRNYsn

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-18-2012 04:14 PM
    When I do it for my phone it says HTC Shooter. Lol wtf?

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    09-18-2012 04:28 PM
    lol whats a htc shooter??

09-18-2012 07:40 PM
    Apparently that's what kind of phone I have.
    badbrad17 and funkylogik like this.
    09-18-2012 08:27 PM
    lol on another forum my phone is aparently "generic android"???

09-18-2012 08:38 PM
    Interesting. Seems like the forum was designed by an iSheep. XD
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-18-2012 09:12 PM
    I don't understand either why some people see it as a deal-breaker because "ip5 has the latest s/w and S3 doesn't"...it's a so-what point..you buy a phone with software pre-installed, and if you get updates, then yay. How many updates did we get on Motoral Startacs or Nokia 3550s? Out the box, the Android offers more flexibility than iOS, not to mention customizations, and won't even get into custom ROMs. It doesn't seem exactly fair to say that when iOS is playing catch-up and introducing "revolutionary" things that have already been on phones for a couple years now.

Noticed that Mastercard opened the Paypass UI, so the non-NFC iPhone 5 should really be criticized heavily now, as this should give NFC the push it needs in the marketplace, just in time for Christmas too...critics are already giving it fits because something as simple as NFC was left out, and now a key player has gotten behind the system and will obviously put NFC into play in bigger ways...I bet VISA won't be far behind.
    So true on the Startac example and that is huge news on the Mastercard UI. We don't have much NFC in Canada yet but it makes no sense the iPhone left it out.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    09-18-2012 09:50 PM
    Then by your own definition, the iPhone 5 is not a marginal improvement. Everything on it is improved over the last version.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    processor, minor improvement
    camera, the same
    os, marginal
    screen, improved, but still way behind in size
    nfc?
    removable battery?
    width and weight? not much of a change there
    show me a significant improvement
    09-19-2012 01:57 AM
    camera, the same
    os, marginal
    nfc?
    removable battery?
    Processor is a major upgrade. Change of architecture better battery smaller chip faster processor by far. Camera is the same sensor but better glass/lowlight. Screen is personal preference. Removable battery u could get a mophie if needed. But my 4s when I had blew every android I've had out of the water in battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums
    Ry and shady28 like this.
    09-19-2012 02:38 AM
    Eh no biggie

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    09-19-2012 03:00 AM
    Processor is a major upgrade. Change of architecture better battery smaller chip faster processor by far. Camera is the same sensor but better glass/lowlight. Screen is personal preference. Removable battery u could get a mophie if needed. But my 4s when I had blew every android I've had out of the water in battery.

But you have to admit that the only reason the 4s was better on the battery was because the screen is smaller, it wasn't using LTE and the multitasking is not even close to Android.

Rev2010 and cdmjlt369 like this.
    09-19-2012 09:21 AM
    But you have to admit that the only reason the 4s was better on the battery was because the screen is smaller, it wasn't using LTE and the multitasking is not even close to Android.

It's like when I was a Crackberry user. They would brag the BB has way better battery than Android and iOS. What they failed to realize was the latest phone at the time was the Torch 9800 and that thing had specs that would have have been impressive or at least respectable in 2004.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-19-2012 09:27 AM
    One thing that is funny about the September 12 announcement is how Cook did the presentation. It appears that he was doing a powerpoint presentation. Something that Jobs hated. I think he considered the message or the person needing to make a powerpoint presentation as having failed in achieving whatever their goal was in making that presentation.
    MangoPowah and Ry like this.
    09-19-2012 09:27 AM
    It's like when I was a Crackberry user. They would brag the BB has way better battery than Android and iOS. What they failed to realize was the latest phone at the time was the Torch 9800 and that thing had specs that would have have been impressive or at least respectable in 2004.
    Lol. My wife still has that phone it put the pain in hurting.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-19-2012 10:38 AM
    camera, the same
    os, marginal
    nfc?
    removable battery?
    Processor: From Cortex A9 to heavily customized version of the Cortext A15.

Screen: irrelevant. Size should be a personal preference, but then again you're the same guy that thinks the Rezound is significantly better than the DROID 4G LTE because it has a 4.3inch HD screen vs. the 4 inch qHD screen on the DINC4G.

Removable battery: Last I checked, this wasn't a standard in Android. Motorola and HTC are going to non-user removable on some/most of their new phones.

Width and weight: So uhh. It's supposed to get wider? And it's ligher than the phone it replaces.

NFC is the only significant hardware feature missing.
    09-19-2012 12:18 PM
    Removable battery: Last I checked, this wasn't a standard in Android. Motorola and HTC are going to non-user removable on some/most of their new phones.
    I think you're taking his post out of context. I read his post comparing the old to the new phone and looking for what he considers a significant upgrade, not something that is to "match" Android per se, outside of maybe saying the screen size is still way behind. And yeah, non-removable batteries have been implemented in a number of Android phones. My co-worker couldn't believe his Evo had a removable battery but his new 4G one doesn't. He was trying to pry off the back and came to me, was pretty funny. I didn't know either but then Googled it and found this out.

Rev.
    09-19-2012 01:00 PM
    I think you're taking his post out of context. I read his post comparing the old to the new phone and looking for what he considers a significant upgrade, not something that is to "match" Android per se, outside of maybe saying the screen size is still way behind. And yeah, non-removable batteries have been implemented in a number of Android phones. My co-worker couldn't believe his Evo had a removable battery but his new 4G one doesn't. He was trying to pry off the back and came to me, was pretty funny. I didn't know either but then Googled it and found this out.

Rev.
    Either way, the battery improvement in the new iPhone 5 is significant over the iPhone 4S. In Engadget's battery rundown test, it was just ten minutes shy of the mark set by the DROID RAZR MAXX.
    09-19-2012 01:07 PM
    The thing is that the Galaxy S3 is better than the iPhone 5 in almost every respect, minus battery life and ecosystem. The MAJOR problem with the iPhone 5 is iOS 6, and the lack of any exclusive features over previous iPhones. iOS 6 is, without a doubt, the most pathetic update to iOS yet. Sure the 4S only had Siri, but at least ONLY the 4S had Siri. There's nothing special for the 5.
    09-19-2012 01:35 PM
    The thing is that the Galaxy S3 is better than the iPhone 5 in almost every respect, minus battery life and ecosystem. The MAJOR problem with the iPhone 5 is iOS 6, and the lack of any exclusive features over previous iPhones. iOS 6 is, without a doubt, the most pathetic update to iOS yet. Sure the 4S only had Siri, but at least ONLY the 4S had Siri. There's special for the 5.
    How do u figure? I'd take battery life, build quality, screen, the processor/graphics of the iphone. The only thing that I think the same beats the iPhone is having removable battery which is irrelavent if engadgets battery life tests prove to be true. And it has an SD card. Other than the screen is more accurate with colors and really a preference between LCD/samoled. Build quality hands down to the iPhone. The processor/graphics is better in the iPhone. U sound almost as bad about android as most of this forums claims apple (isheep) are. Yes android is more open and customisable does that mean its better? No does the person who doesn't root/com care about that no. I for one leave my phone pretty stock don't use much widgets and am still with android for my own reasons. Because iOS is so simple does that mean its worse? No. Its easy to use does just about everything 99% of smart phone users want it to do and most of the stock apps work without a hiccup. Look at the good and bad of both before u start saying one is better than the other or vice versa.

Ry likes this.
    09-19-2012 04:22 PM
    How do u figure? I'd take battery life, build quality, screen, the processor/graphics of the iphone.
    How about just the fact that you can do dozens more things on Android? On Android I can put a shortcut to a PDF, .Doc, website, or anything really right on my homescreen. My wife has the bus schedule as a pdf shortcut on her Atrix, she'd always complained she couldn't do that with her iPhone. You can also play nearly ANY video or audio format without having to convert it, but I guess that isn't important right? I can also carry files from home to work on the SD memory card as a flash drive, never could do that with my iPhone.

Do we really need to keep rehashing this BS? If you love the iPhone that much Ryan, sell your Samsung phone and get one, move over to the iPhone forums, and live in bliss Stop arguing with us poor idiots that don't know any better how much more awesome the iPhone is.

Rev.
    LegalAmerican and funkylogik like this.
    09-19-2012 05:30 PM
    ...so?

That proves the point others have made in this thread. The iPhone clearly didn't work for you since it required iTunes. That's fine. Its not a defect, or somehow makes the iPhone inferior. Its a condition of using it, which is why it didn't work for you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The same exact argument could be made for Android everytime an Apple fan says that Android doesn't always work.
    09-19-2012 05:30 PM
    How about just the fact that you can do dozens more things on Android? On Android I can put a shortcut to a PDF, .Doc, website, or anything really right on my homescreen. My wife has the bus schedule as a pdf shortcut on her Atrix, she'd always complained she couldn't do that with her iPhone. You can also play nearly ANY video or audio format without having to convert it, but I guess that isn't important right? I can also carry files from home to work on the SD memory card as a flash drive, never could do that with my iPhone.

Do we really need to keep rehashing this BS? If you love the iPhone that much Ryan, sell your Samsung phone and get one, move over to the iPhone forums, and live in bliss Stop arguing with us poor idiots that don't know any better how much more awesome the iPhone is.

Rev.
    OK then say u prefer android over iOS. Not the s3 beats the iPhone 5 in every major category

funkylogik likes this.
    09-19-2012 05:47 PM
737 ... 1314151617 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD