10-03-2012 07:09 AM
737 ... 282930
tools
    lmao mate trust me ive tried. have to do it with english call centres all the time.
    i actualy lived in south of england and learned to speak slower and pronounce every sylibal instead of "talking in joined up handwriting" like we do here but it doesnt help and makes me feel like a d1ck lol.
    the mad thing is i can understand almost any accent perfectly lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-27-2012 05:53 PM
    lmao mate trust me ive tried. have to do it with english call centres all the time.
    i actualy lived in south of england and learned to speak slower and pronounce every sylibal instead of "talking in joined up handwriting" like we do here but it doesnt help and makes me feel like a d1ck lol.
    the mad thing is i can understand almost any accent perfectly lol

i actualy found a scottish (well Edinburgh, not Glasgow grr) accent TTS engine but it wouldnt work with Speak It so i got a refund just in time
    global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess

09-27-2012 05:56 PM
    ^^ did it again lol

09-27-2012 05:56 PM
    @funkylogic - lol, tell me about it. As you know I've been to Scotland. Btw, did you ever get my pm weeks back about the castles? But yeah, it's haaard understanding a hard core Scottish speaking bloke. Even an irish guy I used to work with... When at work I could understand him fine, but go out and have a few pints and all understanding of what he was saying went right out the window lol. His accent got waaay too thick.

Rev.
    09-27-2012 06:41 PM
    @funkylogic - lol, tell me about it. As you know I've been to Scotland. Btw, did you ever get my pm weeks back about the castles? But yeah, it's haaard understanding a hard core Scottish speaking bloke. Even an irish guy I used to work with... When at work I could understand him fine, but go out and have a few pints and all understanding of what he was saying went right out the window lol. His accent got waaay too thick.

Rev.
    lmao so true.
    yeah mate i read pm but im notoriously bad at replying to pms lol.
    dont think i recognised any castle names but havent been to any since i was a lil kid.
    was at a wedding at Culzean castle at weekend but thats well preserved and not like a cool ruin u can climb around on

09-27-2012 07:05 PM
    I know he co-founded Apple. That's proves my point about him being disgruntled. Who would recognize him? No one. When people think of Apple, they think Steve Jobs. And now they think Tim Cook. Sounds like Kobe when Shaq got all the spotlight.
    Not really. Anybody who knows anything about tech knows who Woz is. And if he is disgruntled, he has a damn good right to be, seeing as Jobs took advantage of Woz being in a plane accident to steal the company for himself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
    09-27-2012 07:38 PM
    Not really. Anybody who knows anything about tech knows who Woz is. And if he is disgruntled, he has a damn good right to be, seeing as Jobs took advantage of Woz being in a plane accident to steal the company for himself.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    contraversial love it

badbrad17 likes this.
    09-27-2012 09:35 PM
    Yes to your #3 but it has an extra step. For example, you say "Siri where's the nearest Best Buy?" She gives you some locations which are arranged by distance. She then asks if you would like to call, navigate to, or cancel request. You tell her which location to call. There may be another way. I'll try later v
    Ya Google does this too and has been before Siri ever came out. One of my employees has an iphone 5 and we did a test today. We both said "call restaurant x". Siri went through the series of questions asking what we meant in order to confirm what we meant which was fine except when Siri made the call it didn't use the area code so the call failed. Google voice just made the call right away. Magically it called exactly who I wanted.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    09-27-2012 11:00 PM

Rev.
    Ha ha. Love it.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-27-2012 11:01 PM
    Sorry, but S voice is NOWHERE near Siri. Google voice is but not S voice. Out of 2 weeks I owned the SG3, S voice got one thing right.
    Party of one.

09-27-2012 11:13 PM
    Ok, so that's another thing Apple took from someone else. And made worse. Way to keep up the trend Apple. :P
    Do you have a similar opinion of Google for "taking" Motorola Mobility?
    10-03-2012 12:38 AM
    I'm cool with it as long as Motorola doesn't start claiming every bit of tech they make is the best thing ever made. Besides once < a streak. XD
    10-03-2012 07:09 AM
737 ... 282930
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD