Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

brava27

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
We have seen the prototypes and the hypes and all that jazz but it won't even come close to the S3. As an anti-apple user, except for my ipod nano, I want to laugh out loud when I read what the iphone 5 has to offer when everyone is gonna look and say "I am gonna get an S3 instead"

warrener23

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm not anti apple user but I agree the I phone 5 won't compare to the s3 it will get a lot of popularity because of the ignorant people who just see the name apple and think it's the best thing ever

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums

Reactions: GeorgeNYer

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12

Personally I am looking forward to hearing about the new iPhone and how the real specs compare to the leaks. I love my GS3, but I also love Apple products. I am certain that I will be placing a pre-order of an iPhone 5 for my wife, who is drooling at the prospect of a new iPhone. I however, will be sticking with my GS3. I have grown to really enjoy the flexibility and customization Android has to offer. I also like the really BIG screen.

I have tons of respect for what Apple has accomplished over the years. Love 'em or hate 'em, without Apple you probably wouldn't be using anything close to the GS3 today. Apple set the standard and they continue to raise the bar. YES, iOS is stale and closed, but a lot of people like it that way.

. . . and it's not ignorant people who choose Apple products. Remember, it's a choice. I know a lot of very intelligent iPhone users who simply choose the iPhone because it is what they like and what works best for them. Personally, I love choice!!!

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I don't understand the Apple bashing. After having used both iPhone and Android, I can see why the non-technical person might go for Apple. The average person only cares about some web surfing, text messaging, emails and pictures. All of those are easy enough to do with iPhone and it's difficult to get "lost" in the interface. The more technically inclined people who love to customize and don't want to be boxed in with apple's limitations might like android better. That's fine. I don't think the average iPhone user will care if their processor or ram specs aren't as good as the latest android phone.

Reactions: mrmruano

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand the Apple bashing. After having used both iPhone and Android, I can see why the non-technical person might go for Apple. The average person only cares about some web surfing, text messaging, emails and pictures. All of those are easy enough to do with iPhone and it's difficult to get "lost" in the interface. The more technically inclined people who love to customize and don't want to be boxed in with apple's limitations might like android better. That's fine. I don't think the average iPhone user will care if their processor or ram specs aren't as good as the latest android phone.

This, ill probably get one just for having a phone that works, my only concern is itunes a d transferring movies morning mp4 format. If itunes is a problem I'll pick up a s3

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I hate Apple and am an anti-Apple person.... but I really am getting tired of all these anti-Apple threads and bashing. I just don't see a point, are we to pat ourselves on the back for having a better phone? I think it wiser to instead educate those around you that might be in the market for a new phone to the world outside of Apple - without being a pretentious tard about it of course!

Rev.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm actually looking forward to hearing about "The New iPhone"... and I'm already ready to laugh my ass off.

But I'm still eager to see if they come out with some new breakthrough feature...

I HATE Apple... but at the same time I kinda feel bad for them... they have fallen behind in the phone market... while their iPad may still be a top contender in the tablet market... the competitors are getting better and better (I just got an Asus Transformer Infinity... great tablet!)... and competitiors are even making really nice slim laptops now.

Apple got in trouble before... and Steve Jobs got them on the right track again. But now that Steve Jobs has passed on... who will save them now???

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I hate Apple and am an anti-Apple person.... but I really am getting tired of all these anti-Apple threads and bashing. I just don't see a point, are we to pat ourselves on the back for having a better phone? I think it wiser to instead educate those around you that might be in the market for a new phone to the world outside of Apple - without being a pretentious tard about it of course!

Rev.

I agree!

I'm not anti-apples products.....I'm anti-apples eco-system!! Let me do whatever the F$%& I want with MY DEVICE/PRODUCT.....period!!! This is the sole reason why I have never owned an apple product.....not even their claim to fame first gen ipods. If Android ever becomes restrictive like apple, I'll ditch them too!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

And I think for Apple to be successful this time around, they would have to completely release a product that would surprise everyone. This means nothing even close to the leaked specs that we have all heard of. Something like a 4.5" or higher screen with quad core processor and new features that would get other manufacturers jealous they didn't think of it. Highly possible or highly unlikely?!?! We shall see. I'm not concerned either. :cool:

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
A quote I heard sums it up. Apple could slap the iphone label on a brick made of moose turds and it would sell millions.

I am anti apple but it is good for some people.

The iphone 5 is going to give the Rezound a run for its money

Sent from my thumbs with no brain censorship

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope you'll all be able to continue bashing apple a week from today

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
As far as tech.... Apple is amazing.. I don't think we will be laughing.. We should be happy because it's going to push android and others to do more... I don't think they will have much new to offer however, they got off to such a great lead the they kinda left themselves with little room for improvement.... I don't think it's going to out due the GS3 either.. They will catch up... NFC, 4GLTE, 4"...

Personally feelings about Apple as a company... They can go to hell!!!! I hate their practices.. Steal, Buy & Litigate... Then brain wash your users into thinking you created everything from scratch when in fact you just simply made the best box of "Jiffy Cornbread" added an extra dash of salt and called it homemade... I use to be neutral about Apple but they have completely convinced me to hate them "as a company"

Can't wait to see the 5 as a phone lover...
I'm also interested in seeing what all of my friends who are waiting for the 5 to decide on that or GS3 will do

Sent from my GS3....

Reactions: jroc

FunkMasterJoe

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking forward to hearing about it, but that's due to my love for Apple products. I've had the 3gs, 4, and 4s and loved them all. I actually tend to switch from iPhone to and Android and so on due to enjoying both systems.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

I am waiting to see what Samsung releases AFTER the legal issues are done, and I bet there will be zero leaks until it comes out. The S4 (or whatever they decide to call it... sPhone for all I care).

And the mobile community would be far more advanced now if people didn't have to look over their shoulders for a subpoena serving from apple. Developers would release more content and more freely than they do now without fear of being sued. I do not hate apple for their hardware, some of it looks great (excepting the iPhone, which looks like crap) like their monitors and such (which also cost $3000 each). Other manufacturers have finally started releasing laptops that are better than the macbooks after carefully tiptoeing through the tulips with designs that were wary of being sued. Look at the progression of ASUS, Samsung, HP, and Dell laptops (minus the gaming series) - they have all become super thin and non-geometrical, which has progressed beyond apple, but was slow to start because of the risk of lawsuits. apple has done nothing but burden the software game by taking open source developments and closing them, just like their UNIX base with a fake GUI over it and a false flat file system, all of which were open source circa Windows 95 and STARTX/XFREE, some of the first GOS's (graphical operating systems).

The problem I have with apple software (as I have mentioned before) is I have "non-technical" friends and they always bring me their stuff when it has a problem. In fact, the other night (about 3 ago) my neighbor brought me their iphone and asked me to look at it since a bunch of apps were not working. This was true indeed, except the only thing I could get out of it was "An error occurred." and the choice of "OK" and "Cancel," both of which did the same thing. My personal favorites are the sad face on the gray background and the sick/radiation symbol on older models. They are completely helpless to be repaired and have to be sent in - a genius busniess tactic for the "non-techies" with too much money and not enough know-how.

When people bring apple products to me now, I refer them to the apple store, where they may pay for a repair or get a refund (unlikely).

Reactions: jroc

swyost

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

We have seen the prototypes and the hypes and all that jazz but it won't even come close to the S3. As an anti-apple user, except for my ipod nano, I want to laugh out loud when I read what the iphone 5 has to offer when everyone is gonna look and say "I am gonna get an S3 instead"

1) Personally, I don't plan my life around any tech company. If people want to use an Apple product that is up to them.
2) If you haven't gotten the message yet, lots of people will buy an iPhone because it suits their needs.
3) People who play lemming for any phone are really two side of the same coin. The blind belief that the S3 is the greatest phone ever made is no different than someone proselytizing about an iPhone.
4) There is a strong element of the adolescent male "mine is bigger than yours" in these anti-whatever posts. My general advice is grow up.
5) You are anti-Apple but you own an iPod? That is more amusing than anything that may be said at a press conference. Perhaps you might want to look up some of the classic definitions of insanity....

swyost

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I am waiting to see what Samsung releases AFTER the legal issues are done, and I bet there will be zero leaks until it comes out. The S4 (or whatever they decide to call it... sPhone for all I care).

And the mobile community would be far more advanced now if people didn't have to look over their shoulders for a subpoena serving from apple. Developers would release more content and more freely than they do now without fear of being sued. I do not hate apple for their hardware, some of it looks great (excepting the iPhone, which looks like crap) like their monitors and such (which also cost $3000 each). Other manufacturers have finally started releasing laptops that are better than the macbooks after carefully tiptoeing through the tulips with designs that were wary of being sued. Look at the progression of ASUS, Samsung, HP, and Dell laptops (minus the gaming series) - they have all become super thin and non-geometrical, which has progressed beyond apple, but was slow to start because of the risk of lawsuits. apple has done nothing but burden the software game by taking open source developments and closing them, just like their UNIX base with a fake GUI over it and a false flat file system, all of which were open source circa Windows 95 and STARTX/XFREE, some of the first GOS's (graphical operating systems).

The problem I have with apple software (as I have mentioned before) is I have "non-technical" friends and they always bring me their stuff when it has a problem. In fact, the other night (about 3 ago) my neighbor brought me their iphone and asked me to look at it since a bunch of apps were not working. This was true indeed, except the only thing I could get out of it was "An error occurred." and the choice of "OK" and "Cancel," both of which did the same thing. My personal favorites are the sad face on the gray background and the sick/radiation symbol on older models. They are completely helpless to be repaired and have to be sent in - a genius busniess tactic for the "non-techies" with too much money and not enough know-how.

When people bring apple products to me now, I refer them to the apple store, where they may pay for a repair or get a refund (unlikely).

Let's just attach the lawsuit BS to every product line. I have yet to hear a single word to support that anyone tip-toes around laptops because of litigation. There has been a natural progression in the windows laptop world towards lighter, thinner, and longer lasting batteries. It has been accelerated by the ultra-book initiative and the fact that iPad sales have killed netbooks. If someone makes a laptop that looks exactly like a MacBook, they deserve to be sued. That is just a stupid business model which will get you nowhere in any country with patent and trademark laws. If you otherwise design light and thin and don't replicate someone else's product which the market demonstrates is quit easy, your product is going to be protected by Microsoft's legal department - someplace Apple never wants to go again. BTW, even on the light/thin front, Asus has been almost lock-step with Apple in releasing new products....

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Personally I am looking forward to hearing about the new iPhone and how the real specs compare to the leaks. I love my GS3, but I also love Apple products. I am certain that I will be placing a pre-order of an iPhone 5 for my wife, who is drooling at the prospect of a new iPhone. I however, will be sticking with my GS3. I have grown to really enjoy the flexibility and customization Android has to offer. I also like the really BIG screen.

I have tons of respect for what Apple has accomplished over the years. Love 'em or hate 'em, without Apple you probably wouldn't be using anything close to the GS3 today. Apple set the standard and they continue to raise the bar. YES, iOS is stale and closed, but a lot of people like it that way.

. . . and it's not ignorant people who choose Apple products. Remember, it's a choice. I know a lot of very intelligent iPhone users who simply choose the iPhone because it is what they like and what works best for them. Personally, I love choice!!!

Intelligent posts like this make the AC forums a great place for discussion.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

Let's just attach the lawsuit BS to every product line. I have yet to hear a single word to support that anyone tip-toes around laptops because of litigation. There has been a natural progression in the windows laptop world towards lighter, thinner, and longer lasting batteries. It has been accelerated by the ultra-book initiative and the fact that iPad sales have killed netbooks. If someone makes a laptop that looks exactly like a MacBook, they deserve to be sued. That is just a stupid business model which will get you nowhere in any country with patent and trademark laws. If you otherwise design light and thin and don't replicate someone else's product which the market demonstrates is quit easy, your product is going to be protected by Microsoft's legal department - someplace Apple never wants to go again. BTW, even on the light/thin front, Asus has been almost lock-step with Apple in releasing new products....

A lot of what you said reiterates what I said in a different way. I will stop complaining about the lawsuit when it is over. And the reasoning that since no sensational media has broadcast stories about laptops being carefully designed does not mean no one talks about it. "Deserving to be sued" is not a politically correct statement, especially not in the society we live in today. If someone builds a chair and patents the design, and I like the design, why can't I build one that is stronger, more comfortable, and cheaper? Because then I take money from the company that built the original. If I hit someone who calls my fiancee a terrible name, they sue me. If I say something on an internet forum that someone disagrees with, they feel the need to manufacture something against it. It is all the same people vs. people crap. No one wants to lose and everyone wants to come out on top.

And just for a defense against your lacking hearing about apple vs. notebooks, apple is all over Acer, ASUS, and others about notebook patents. In its perfect world, apple would be the sole supplier of mobile electronic devices. Look around.

EDIT: Oh and did you hear?! apple is going to be going after the Nexus 7! Hopefully, that wakes Google up. In other news, apple has patented the "WEDGE-LIKE DESIGN" for a notebook. Score one more for obvious intuitive designs for apple!

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't think the average iPhone user will care if their processor or ram specs aren't as good as the latest android phone.

Apple barely advertises the actual hardware specs. They don't need to "compare sizes" to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums