Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12

Apple barely advertises the actual hardware specs. They don't need to "compare sizes" to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

LOL, cannot help myself, ahem, that is because their hardware SUCKS!

codycha126

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think anyone should be eager to laugh at Apple since they haven't introduced a product yet.... All those prototypes of the iphone 5 or whatever could be fake....

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Srambo217

Dec 12, 2010
Visit site
I love Android, but I'll probably be buying a $200 iPad Mini should it exist.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
LOL, cannot help myself, ahem, that is because their hardware SUCKS!

That's fine that you think that way. On paper, any modern Android phone matches or beats the hardware specs of the current iPhone 4S.

But the iPhone doesn't need a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM to operate smoothly.

Last I checked, the iPhone 4S still has one of the best cameras available on a smartphone.

To Apple, the specs don't really matter. And if the experience is good, it really shouldn't matter.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

I mostly despise Apple, but I realize the iPhone has its place.

For the most part, I just get annoyed at how much love the media has for it and treats every little tidbit like the second coming of Christ (like "is this obviously made up design the new iPhone or some bad photoshop done by a 9th grader?"). Every tech blog has about 80 news stories a day with just garbage about it. But "iPhone 5" in an article title = traffic = profit!!

I would just love to see some honest reviews that actually acknowledge how far behind they are (instead of treating some feature Android has had for years as some great innovative feature that's going to change everything), but that won't happen. It's like an endless cycle of the hype drives the market which drives more hype. Whereas people like me will go to a store, hold an iPhone in one hand and a S3 in the other and scoff that anyone could compare them for 5 minutes still choose an iPhone.

But whatever. If people want to use an iPhone, I don't really care that much. I'm just kindof thinking/hoping the media's love affair that everything Apple does is golden will end sometime.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I saw this article in a MacRumours forum and I did have to chuckle a bit:

This is how it will go down 9/12/2012

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be how it goes down 9/12/2012:
Due to the fact we have already seen the damn phone already.

1) Tim Cook gets on stage, blabs about how well apple is doing in 2012. Blab more about the new iPad and sales off the charts. Blab even further about how post-pc is a reality and how samsung copies everything apple does but got their arse handed to them in court. Blab the most about how apple makes everyone's lives much better now and how the retail stores usher in billions of fans served.

2) Bulging eye Scott Forstall jumps on stage and says thanks Tim...then begins to showcase the new iOS 6.0 features and attempts to distort reality by saying there is no better mobile OS than iOS. WIth integrations into Mac OS X Mountain Lion and now across all iOS devices, iOS 6.0 has proven to be the best mobile OS bar none.

3) Tim hops back on stage after Forstall yappers on and on about how great iOS 6 is and will be; but outside the distortion field, we all know it lacks a ton of features the "other" guys have now. Tim starts introducing new iPods with wifi and the new iPod touch with 5 colors. Same 3.5" screen, same arse quality FaceTime iSight cameras. No auto focus back camera. Same expensive price.

4) Then some geeks from the company that brought you infinity blade 1 and 2 go on stage to yap on about their new infinity dugeons game...same ol' crap, different toilet. More geeks get on stage and demo iOS 6.0 features such as passbook; how to get coffee but instead of paying cash, you use your phone and go thru 3 steps more to pay for something you could've done with NFC in 1 step.

5) After the same old rehash distortion field antics, we have tim cook back on stage. He sighs and says, "we have hit a milestone in history of mobile smartphones". He rambles on about how mighty apple is and with the brilliant engineers and designers, there comes a time in history when time stops and everyone gazes at us (apple) and marvel at us and basically loves us so much, we give you the love back in the form of a new phone. We hear many people love how big the XX smartphone is and how much they want a larger display. So tim cook goes on and then says something very stupid like: "we give you a larger display but yet keep the size down to the same size we love and hold dearly". Which basically means we didn't know how to increase to a larger display without fragmenting our entire line of devices...so we stretched it...but he doesn't show you the new phone just yet.

6) He then talks more about how a smartphone should be compact, easy to hold, easy to navigate with one hand, yadda yadda yaddaa...then the covers come off when he says, "we think we have a real breathrough - we finally cracked the problems and we give you this new iPhone"

7) It's the same exact iPhone leaked images have been circulating on the net. In fact, it's actually even uglier in person on camera in HD.

8) The crowd goes buck wild.

9) It goes on sale today. Delivered to you 9/21/2012.

10) Tim cook concludes by saying how wonderful the people at apple is and we hope you will like what we have done (basically not much improvements).

Reactions: bdmridgback

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Apple barely advertises the actual hardware specs. They don't need to "compare sizes" to make themselves feel better about themselves.

Either that or they simply can't compare ;).

I'm looking forward to it regardless. Competition is welcome!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

That's fine that you think that way. On paper, any modern Android phone matches or beats the hardware specs of the current iPhone 4S.

But the iPhone doesn't need a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor and 2GB of RAM to operate smoothly.

Last I checked, the iPhone 4S still has one of the best cameras available on a smartphone.

To Apple, the specs don't really matter. And if the experience is good, it really shouldn't matter.

Ry, I know you're a smart guy. I read your posts but....your admiration....of all things Apple have you blindly following them. Don't be that guy who likes a product just because of the brand!

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

I agree with that. But as far as a phone camera goes, my Nexus took great pictures too, and was also great for saving memories / moments, but if I want a picture worthy of an album or posting somewhere, I use a camera. The experience is not good though for any type of performance hungry modding, when I turned my (free) itouch into a Windows 7 UI complete with start menu and internet explorer (joke, but true).

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

That article is hilarious. Quote avoided for brevity.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Personally I wouldnt want an apple phone,certainly not going to buy one.There are 2 co workers here that have iphones and can tell they are totally lost when ever they over hear me talking about android stuff with other coworkers.I guess they got a right to spend their money how they want to. They dont android bash actually one said he liked the S3 but still doesnt have one tho.The other is sold on getting the iphone 5.But he thought it was coming out with a 7" screen still havent convinced him hes wrong on that haha :D:D

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

Better check again, I think the new Nokia Phones just pooped in Apple's cereal regarding best camera. Hopefully Apple will improve theirs on principle due to the fact that they are releasing a new phone and form factor.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

The iPhone doesn't need great hardware because iOS is light and not very powerful. :)

ThatTechHead

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
I hate to hate, but current Sony phones have 12 megapixel cameras, i know its not all about the megapixels but they take incredibly detailed photos and android doesn't need a dual core 1.5 ghz cpu and 2 gigs of ram to run smoothly, i think some legacy software (2.3) and bad hardware combos from the past couple years has put a bad taste in a lot of apple fans mouths. This is the time to hop on our train. Even if your not into an android phone, pick up a nexus 7.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite, bone stock.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

CPU speeds and memory.... a lot of you argue that it's not really needed on iOS since it's light and functional. My coworker with a 3GS would disagree. When he upgraded to iOS 4 he complained constantly how it slowed his phone to a crawl. He eventually upgraded to the iPhone 4.

But regardless, I had an iPhone 3G that worked fine over almost two years. I also had a single core Droid 2 that also worked perfectly fine over nearly two years. However, I don't play games on my phone, nothing outside of simple stuff like UnBlock Me, Reversi, or Roulette for example. Personally I don't think a *touchscreen* phone is well suited for more advanced high action gaming. But for all the other dozens of things I use my phone for I've never needed dual/quad core high memory blazing awesomeness on either platform.

Rev.

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

CPU speeds and memory.... a lot of you argue that it's not really needed on iOS since it's light and functional. My coworker with a 3GS would disagree. When he upgraded to iOS 4 he complained constantly how it slowed his phone to a crawl. He eventually upgraded to the iPhone 4.

But regardless, I had an iPhone 3G that worked fine over almost two years. I also had a single core Droid 2 that also worked perfectly fine over nearly two years. However, I don't play games on my phone, nothing outside of simple stuff like UnBlock Me, Reversi, or Roulette for example. Personally I don't think a *touchscreen* phone is well suited for more advanced high action gaming. But for all the other dozens of things I use my phone for I've never needed dual/quad core high memory blazing awesomeness on either platform.

Rev.

This exact problem has been a trend since the debut of the iphone. Every new iOS slows down the previous generation.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I won't ever own an iphone again but I will read up on it and probably watch the keynote. I usually read about majority of tech news.. Even windows phone. Even though I will be on Android pretty much from here on out since I enjoy the OS and see no reason to switch.

I just like to stay informed on what's going on :)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

This exact problem has been a trend since the debut of the iphone. Every new iOS slows down the previous generation.

That's to be expected really. Every new release is going to include even more code to process. This is one of the reasons I don't go with every single upgrade once the device starts getting old. I look at the list of bug fixes and new features, if there are some things that are a must have (like when Apple released copy/paste) then I go with it. If not then I avoid it. I actually mainly look at bug fixes if I'd been dealing with a specific bug that's been driving me nuts.

When I was using my Droid 2 I did the Gingerbread update and there were several things I'd hated about it so I flashed back to the last Froyo version and there it stayed.

Rev.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax