Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Even still, without using iTunes, which I would never use, how much can you do? About the only thing the iphone can do without iTunes is transfer the Dcim folder :-/ Lame.

Rev.

...so?

That proves the point others have made in this thread. The iPhone clearly didn't work for you since it required iTunes. That's fine. Its not a defect, or somehow makes the iPhone inferior. Its a condition of using it, which is why it didn't work for you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, all this "just works" Apple nonsense makes my head hurt. How about how I could never get my iPhone 3G to connect to my Ubuntu Linux machine? Well not until I already moved to another phone and a later update to Linux finally got it working. Call it a Linux issue but it wasn't, because the older iphone could connect as well as older ipods, but apple made a change that stopped it from working. So what would the apple solution have been at the time?.... Use a Mac! Even S3 owners are constantly posting about how their S3 isn't recognized when connected to their mac. What about all the ipod users I supported at my last firm asking why they can't copy the music on their ipods over to their work pc?

Sorry, I ain't buying the "just works" bs. I support the iphone and ipad in my current law firm and trust me... It does NOT always "just work".

Rev.

It does 'just work' when you're using a mainstream OS that is supported.

Also, the issue with the S3 has nothing to do with apple and everything to do with the tool Google built for newer android phones being janky and broken.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Even still, without using iTunes, which I would never use, how much can you do? About the only thing the iphone can do without iTunes is transfer the Dcim folder :-/ Lame.

Rev.

Pre-iOS4, iTunes on a desktop was pretty much a requirement for using iOS devices. And Apple made that totally clear. Not sure why anyone would expect full functionality while not using the tools Apple requires.

It just works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12

Holy Christ, I mention one anecdote about linux and you guys try to run with that as the entire problem experience I mentioned. As I said, I support the iphone and the ipad IN WINDOWS at my law firm and there are many issues with it not always "just working". We've also had plenty issues with people's Mac's but I don't support that, my boss does.

Rev.

njcoutinho

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

Another lawsuit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D . I don't see the need to laugh about it but i guess we can finally say Game On !!! the S3 versus the iPhone 5

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I am not Anti Apple. Their products is what fuels the competition but I do hate Apple's ethics and their immoral approach to competitors.
They knowingly abused the patent system and claimed they invented so much which is far from the truth. Like many, they made money off of other geniuses.
I am interested what the iphone 5 brings so that way we can see Android refine what Apple lacks.

armeddroid

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site

I think its the other way around now but the Elitists will think otherwise.

I agree to that.
Lately, it has been Apple catching up.
Mostly why i want to see what Apple comes up with.
We shall see in a few days.

Predator04

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Personally I am looking forward to hearing about the new iPhone and how the real specs compare to the leaks. I love my GS3, but I also love Apple products. I am certain that I will be placing a pre-order of an iPhone 5 for my wife, who is drooling at the prospect of a new iPhone. I however, will be sticking with my GS3. I have grown to really enjoy the flexibility and customization Android has to offer. I also like the really BIG screen.

I have tons of respect for what Apple has accomplished over the years. Love 'em or hate 'em, without Apple you probably wouldn't be using anything close to the GS3 today. Apple set the standard and they continue to raise the bar. YES, iOS is stale and closed, but a lot of people like it that way.

. . . and it's not ignorant people who choose Apple products. Remember, it's a choice. I know a lot of very intelligent iPhone users who simply choose the iPhone because it is what they like and what works best for them. Personally, I love choice!!!

But if you look into it. Most of what apple is today has already been done before apple. Apple just copied every eleses ideas and put it into one. You would be surprised to see the things that you might think apple invented that they had nothing to do with

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site

But if you look into it. Most of what apple is today has already been done before apple. Apple just copied every eleses ideas and put it into one. You would be surprised to see the things that you might think apple invented that they had nothing to do with

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

I have been trying to tell people this, but some of them are way too apple hardcore to believe it. They insist that it was indeed apple.

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I already have the Iphone 5. It has a bigger high definition screen, faster than the previous models, and all the bells and whistles you want. I its called the Ipad 3 so I will just keep my Samsung Galaxy S3 as the phone. :p

ba4g

May 22, 2012
Visit site

I think if they are going only 4" screen and same boxy design they are missing an opportunity to further define the segment. I think HTC and Samsung have done that rather well as of late. My old TBolt blows away the Iphone S4 in most categories.

That said, I'm likely getting one. Work stuck us with ipads and I rather like all my stuff to "play nice" together. I'm not super geek, so sue me.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Why bash so hard?

Anyone that knows tech as well as the majority of people on here already know Apple will never make a phone as good as a high end android.

They don't make BAD phones, just not any advanced phones

you mean to tell me you can put a man on the moon but no one can make a smartphone battery that lasts a whole day? jeez!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I think if they are going only 4" screen and same boxy design they are missing an opportunity to further define the segment. I think HTC and Samsung have done that rather well as of late. My old TBolt blows away the Iphone S4 in most categories.

That said, I'm likely getting one. Work stuck us with ipads and I rather like all my stuff to "play nice" together. I'm not super geek, so sue me.

You think your bolt blows away the 4s in most categories?

Reactions: Ry

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Why bash so hard?

Anyone that knows tech as well as the majority of people on here already know Apple will never make a phone as good as a high end android.

you mean to tell me you can put a man on the moon but no one can make a smartphone battery that lasts a whole day? jeez!

Apple makes a great phone. Some ppl might not like the UI or only having one phone model but apple does more with less tech.im sure if they had 12 different companies making an iphone we would have more options processors screen size all that but we dont. DMy iPhone 4 was buttery smooth with a single core 800mhz processor and 512mb of ram. No forces closes and amazing battery life. 5 hours screen on time on 3g. The only android phone I've has that has come close to the smoothness of ios is my nexus running jellybean. But battery life is not as good on all Androids I've owned (og Droid, Droid x, s2, epic 4g, evo 3d, razr, nexus, note) and all of those have some lag force close problems. Ios is polished and easy to use ans does a lot of things right. U think some 50 year old cares about rooting and roming? Probably not they want to call text and check email and web. For that I'd take an iPhone. I understand ppl don't like the closed platform that iOS is but no reason to bash it like its a POS when it isn't. Ppl complain about apple making only incremental upgrades once a year with a new phone but is rather have it happen once a year and know ur old phone is getting the newest os for years to come. Much better than android where a new phone comes out every month that is barely better than the old model. (Razr vs razr HD anyone) but that is also why ppl love android choice. Like what u will but u complaining about apple acting like its nothing is doing no good but making u look incompetent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: Ry

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site

Your tbolt blows nothing away and im being serious. Don't compare he two. Horrible screen, crappie battery life, riddled with problems, horrible version of sense..... Please.

Why bash so hard?

They make basic phones that just work, it's not geared toward android users, geared toward people who aren't tech savy and just use a phone as a phone. The iphone is pretty enough and runs smoothly enough that you don't need to touch it or customize it at all. Out the box most are happy with it.

A pretty gui goes a long way to alot of people, ask blackberry for proof. Stock Android is bone cold ugly, theirs a reason for touchwiz, sense and so forth.

Sent from my PH44100 using Android Central Forums

geer_matt@hotmail.com

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site

Oh man, all this "just works" Apple nonsense makes my head hurt. How about how I could never get my iPhone 3G to connect to my Ubuntu Linux machine? Well not until I already moved to another phone and a later update to Linux finally got it working. Call it a Linux issue but it wasn't, because the older iphone could connect as well as older ipods, but apple made a change that stopped it from working. So what would the apple solution have been at the time?.... Use a Mac! Even S3 owners are constantly posting about how their S3 isn't recognized when connected to their mac. What about all the ipod users I supported at my last firm asking why they can't copy the music on their ipods over to their work pc?

Sorry, I ain't buying the "just works" bs. I support the iphone and ipad in my current law firm and trust me... It does NOT always "just work".

Rev.
Amen to that, Apple does not "just work" apple products do not play nice with a lot of things. My brother is a huge apple fan and he is one of these guys that just has the "I still want apple even though there are better devices" attitude because apple has made him believe having one is also some sort of status symbol on expensive items you can afford.

I have the Asus infinity 700 tablet, truth be told side by side (yes I have done the comparison) it blows the ipad3 away, anyone tells you different is just an apple fan-boy. As far as working together well "Thank You Google!" because the integration and streaming of my stuff through Google+ and Google Play is flawless, have never had a problem with it, load it on one device and before I can pick up the other one its on there too!

I mentioned this in another thread before, but the when I purchased my Galaxy S3, turned it on for the first time ever and entered my Gmail account information in less than 5 minutes (I think it actually took about 3) ALL of my pictures, contacts, and app information that was linked to my account auto loaded to my new phone, I didn't have to enter a thing! Walked out of that store with my entire phone set up thanks to "just works" idiom.

Now as far as any of this Apple vs Android stuff goes here is the most important thing I learned in Economics.
"You buy the best product, at the best price." Don't be brand loyal.
If we as consumers hold true to this statement then the companies we buy from will work themselves out and continue to innovate and integrate beautiful devices. I have had apple products before, they are not nearly as much fun or cool as Android.

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Amen to that, Apple does not "just work" apple products do not play nice with a lot of things. My brother is a huge apple fan and he is one of these guys that just has the "I still want apple even though there are better devices" attitude because apple has made him believe having one is also some sort of status symbol on expensive items you can afford.

I have the Asus infinity 700 tablet, truth be told side by side (yes I have done the comparison) it blows the ipad3 away, anyone tells you different is just an apple fan-boy. As far as working together well "Thank You Google!" because the integration and streaming of my stuff through Google+ and Google Play is flawless, have never had a problem with it, load it on one device and before I can pick up the other one its on there too!

I mentioned this in another thread before, but the when I purchased my Galaxy S3, turned it on for the first time ever and entered my Gmail account information in less than 5 minutes (I think it actually took about 3) ALL of my pictures, contacts, and app information that was linked to my account auto loaded to my new phone, I didn't have to enter a thing! Walked out of that store with my entire phone set up thanks to "just works" idiom.

Now as far as any of this Apple vs Android stuff goes here is the most important thing I learned in Economics.
If we as consumers hold true to this statement then the companies we buy from will work themselves out and continue to innovate and integrate beautiful devices. I have had apple products before, they are not nearly as much fun or cool as Android.

I like that little quote. I figure someone who is loyal to HTC or moto or ford chevy whatever is just as bad as an apple fan boy is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

People should buy the best product for their needs at the best price. Your needs and my needs are probably going to be different.

The thing is - ecosystems are part of the products. Hardware specs don't really matter that much anymore. The ecosystem battle is the more important one.

And now that you have all your stuff in Google, susprise: you've just become loyal to the Google brand.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC