Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I love my iPhone and my SGS3 but the SGS is borderline too big. I fumble trying to one hand type at times and almost drop the phone. If my hands are full sometimes you need to fill or one hand type something and as a girl, it's almost too big. I pick up my 4 and love the feel in hand.

You're right, it's more than specs.

Sent from mah brainzzzzz via Galaxy S III and Tapatalk 2

Materials matter too. The s3 isn't horrible, but it feels like a 90s Korean car next to the iPhone, which feels like a BMW or audi. There's just something about metal and glass together that feels expensive.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I hope the iPhone 5 raises the bar impossibly high in terms of performance and user experience. That would give Android developers and device manufacturers a nice kick in the pants when coming up with the next greatest thing.

lopezj760

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I just searched iPhone 5 and look at the first result lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1347336935824.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1347336935824.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 157

sdchris

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Apple hate leads to better products. I look forward to the new phone regardless if it's not as good as mine.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Quis89

Q&A Team
Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
Speaking as someone who owns a 4S, Evo LTE and a Galaxy Nexus, there really is no better phone when comparing Apple to Android. It's about what's better for YOU. The beauty of choice in the cellular world is lovely. Android is my preference but there are things about iOS I enjoy as well. But fanboys will be fanboys.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Speaking as someone who owns a 4S, Evo LTE and a Galaxy Nexus, there really is no better phone when comparing Apple to Android. It's about what's better for YOU. The beauty of choice in the cellular world is lovely. Android is my preference but there are things about iOS I enjoy as well. But fanboys will be fanboys.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Yep it really is about personal preference and what u need in a phone. Even if u can afford a mustang u probably wouldn't get one if u drove 80 miles to work everyday. Just as someone who drive 3 miles wouldn't give a s*** about a Prius. They are all great phones that do different things and some are better for some ppl and some aren't.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I hope the iPhone 5 raises the bar impossibly high in terms of performance and user experience. That would give Android developers and device manufacturers a nice kick in the pants when coming up with the next greatest thing.

My Android phone which is yet to be released will surely benefit from whatever Apple announces tomorrow. :)

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Different strokes for different folks. The one thing Android hasn't come near iOS is in apps. Up until yesterday the game play feature on the MLB at Bat app on android looked like something taken out of Atari, while iOS had actual renderings of each stadium. The apps work better, they're designed better, they are full featured on iOS. Not sure what android can do to kick the developers in the ass on the android side.

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
The days of apple just working are gone. My apple stuff requires tons of tinkering to get things to just work these days. And their stuff is breaking (especially software) in major ways these days like never before. My s3 is more stable and does more than my iphone (and does it easier).

Roffles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I laugh in disbelief at people who say Apple innovated the smartphone and set the bar for others. Nope, sorry...that didn't happen. Nokia innovated the smartphone (and spanked Apple in court for stealing their innovative technology) and android is the one setting the bar. The only thing Apple ever did was create a brilliant aesthetic...So brilliant that technologically illiterate people somehow think their iphone is what started it all. Stop drinking the kool aid and watch in amusement as future iOS releases continue to steal from Android's core features.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I also have lots of friends that bring me their Apple products for help doing the simplest things. I always shake my head because if Apple is so easy to use then why is copying a movie on to the device so frustrating? Format limitations etc. Etc. Even my old blackberry was easier.

I own a graphic design and Web software company so we have both pc's and mac's in our office. The pc users are typically much more informed on how to use their computer. Things like copying and installation of software, configuring networks etc. Where 90% of the Mac users barely know how to use the system outside of their programs.

I'm not trying to say Mac users are dumb. It's just an observation. My PC users are typically the ones that figure out how to do the required task on the Mac before the person who is using the computer on a daily basis.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I hate to hate, but current Sony phones have 12 megapixel cameras, i know its not all about the megapixels but they take incredibly detailed photos and android doesn't need a dual core 1.5 ghz cpu and 2 gigs of ram to run smoothly, i think some legacy software (2.3) and bad hardware combos from the past couple years has put a bad taste in a lot of apple fans mouths. This is the time to hop on our train. Even if your not into an android phone, pick up a nexus 7.

Sent from my LG Optimus Elite, bone stock.

I think Sony makes the camera in the iPhone.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I also have lots of friends that bring me their Apple products for help doing the simplest things. I always shake my head because if Apple is so easy to use then why is copying a movie on to the device so frustrating? Format limitations etc. Etc. Even my old blackberry was easier.

I own a graphic design and Web software company so we have both pc's and mac's in our office. The pc users are typically much more informed on how to use their computer. Things like copying and installation of software, configuring networks etc. Where 90% of the Mac users barely know how to use the system outside of their programs.

I'm not trying to say Mac users are dumb. It's just an observation. My PC users are typically the ones that figure out how to do the required task on the Mac before the person who is using the computer on a daily basis.

I know the feeling. Both my sisters bought Macbooks because they told me they're "so much easier to use than PCs, things just work!". Needless to say i've had to help them on numerous occasions when they couldn't figure out how to do something. Being the younger brother I always get the obligatory jab in "it just works huh?".

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

I know this all too well!

In my VoIP class this past week....our professor goes, you can install SIP on your Android devices....if you have an iphone, we can't help you there....lol!!!

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Mine too. It's just another iOS warcry that Adobe is no longer developing/supporting it so they think it quit working overnight and every website is now magically converted to HTML5 overnight. Obviously that also justifies going the last several years without support at all (see, they were right all along! They've won by depriving themselves!)

I'll mark this post and update it when I go more than 2 days without hitting a site with Flash on it. Check back in 2015 or thereabouts. In the meantime I'll continue to enjoy Flash just like I have been for years.

Maybe when JB hits, it won't work as well though. But still....I had 3 years with Flash on my phone that the other OS didn't.

It's like Apple dropping youtube and Google maps. Rather than giving their customers a better experience and updating it like they have with Facebook, they try to stick it to Google by making a political statement with it in the name of negatively affecting competition. Boo to Apple for this behavior.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think Sony makes the camera in the iPhone.

Yup.

And Sony makes the cameras for the Galaxy S III too.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's like Apple dropping youtube and Google maps. Rather than giving their customers a better experience and updating it like they have with Facebook, they try to stick it to Google by making a political statement with it in the name of negatively affecting competition. Boo to Apple for this behavior.

I don't know what the big deal is about that. Political statement? Negatively affecting competition?

Like with Facebook? Facebook updated Facebook. Apple didn't update Facebook. lol.

Fact is, the deals to preload a YouTube app and use Google Maps as the default mapping application were up. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Google is already readying a standalone YouTube app for iOS. In fact, I think it came out today. This is much better for iOS users because now the app will actually get updated outside of iOS updates.

Apple has now built their own mapping solution and it just makes sense for them as a business to use the solution they have invested in instead of continuing to license Google Maps. Google already has Google Earth in iOS. Who's to say Google isn't developing a standalone Google's Maps app for iOS 6 and higher?

Turn your fanboy blinders off and maybe you'll see the real picture.

Judas101

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
It does 'just work' when you're using a mainstream OS that is supported.

Also, the issue with the S3 has nothing to do with apple and everything to do with the tool Google built for newer android phones being janky and broken.

Not necessarily. When I upgraded from a Windows XP computer to a Windows 7 one, my son connected his iPod touch to transfer some music. iTunes told him his iPod needed updating and promptly bricked it. Microsoft had addressed certain security issues with Windows 7 SP1, but iTunes didn't like it and it caused the bricking of many iPods and iPhones. Apples answer? Uninstall SP1. This in spite of the fact that there had been several iTunes updates since the release of SP1. So I guess this was a case of Apples tool being janky and broken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Judas101

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
New devices won't be able to install Flash officially.

And duh, of course websites will still use Flash. But again Adobe themselves killed mobile Flash. No new development. No new official Google Play installs.

Abode says it's time to move on and I'm sorry you can't comprehend that.

That's funny, I've just looked on the Play Store and Flash Player is still there.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That's funny, I've just looked on the Play Store and Flash Player is still there.

It's still there, in accounts that have previously downloaded it.

Log out and search on a desktop browser for Adobe Flash and tell me if Adobe Flash shows up as a search result.

Look at the apps available from Adobe Systems. Adobe Flash shouldn't be there.