Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
For my friends that were interested in the iPhone they were hyped over it. I spent the last few weeks hearing them getting hyped up from the leaks alone and hoped Apple had more up their sleeve to one up the SG3/HOX/Note 2. I guess people who are on sites like this won't feel the hype but for people who are causal about it and don't look into the rumors or leaks might get hyped up easier.

lol. You ought to know that Apple doesn't need to "one-up" the SG3, HOX (which is the SG3 made irrelevant), or the Note 2 (different class of device).

and leaks killed the hype.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Android on a google developed device works great. My nexus 7 works like that. On my GS3, not so much.

Maybe something is wrong with your phone. My S3 runs perfectly fine and smooth, extremely smooth and it's not made by Google. My Droid 2 wasn't made by Google either, and while the screen movements didn't follow my finger quite as fast as an iPhone 4 it still was overall very smooth with no pauses or glitches in interaction. Launching apps was also smooth and quick.

Rev.

- - - Updated - - -

lol. You ought to know that Apple doesn't need to "one-up" the SG3, HOX

Definitely not, iSheep will buy the new device without a doubt by the droves.

BS. When Samsung released the specs for the S3 people were disappointed and not thrilled at all. Even a few of my co-workers said they weren't impressed with the specs, neither was I - but that's because we are so used to these specs these days that unless a phone comes out with some space age new feature that is going to dramatically change our lives we do tend to yawn. The S3 still became the best selling Android device on the market.

Rev.

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
lol. You ought to know that Apple doesn't need to "one-up" the SG3, HOX (which is the SG3 made irrelevant), or the Note 2 (different class of device).

That doesn't stop some people from thinking there has to be a one up when making something new. Really don't think there is many features or designs to one up another company with that doesn't end up being a hybrid like the Note 1 & 2 or Galaxy Camera.

Shame about the HOX though I really liked toying with that phone and jealous over the Beats Audio.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
All I will say is I just posted this on another site yesterday: Android been out innovated the iPhone hardware wise back in 2010, 2011. Software wise, I believe Android did too when Honey Comb dropped.

The iPhone is just another choice for a phone now...and I don't think Apple can deal with that. They want to be the only choice. And want ppl to believe nothing else compares.

Key phrase from the announcement today: "This is unlike anything we or anyone else in our industry has made before"...lol. Like a bigger screen, lte, hd camera, panorama camera mode, thin phone haven't been done already. So....I wonder how many mis informed pro iPhone folks will try to hype up the specs..That phrase is one of the reasons why I don't like Apple.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
BS. When Samsung released the specs for the S3 people were disappointed and not thrilled at all. Even a few of my co-workers said they weren't impressed with the specs, neither was I - but that's because we are so used to these specs these days that unless a phone comes out with some space age new feature that is going to dramatically change our lives we do tend to yawn. The S3 still became the best selling Android device on the market.

Rev.

The hype and the results are two separate things. Samsung did a great job with secrecy on the Galaxy S III, multiple prototypes, etc. They themselves announce the processor before the phone reveal so therereally was no leak.

My point is that look-wise, we basically knew everything about the iPhone 5 physically. I think the only real mystery was which processor were they going to use.

Again, the leaks killed the hype for the iPhone 5.

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't stop some people from thinking there has to be a one up when making something new. Really don't think there is many features or designs to one up another company with that doesn't end up being a hybrid like the Note 1 & 2 or Galaxy Camera.

Shame about the HOX though I really liked toying with that phone and jealous over the Beats Audio.

Bolded what is so true in 2012.

Everyone expects a homerun but no one really hits homeruns anymore.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
@RY - maybe the fact they only stretched out the phone a half inch and added features already found on most other smartphones is the reason for the lack of hype?? I defend them too though only when people make flat out false statements. But you.... it's like you work for them and defend them no matter how ridiculous your statements might be.

Rev.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
@RY - maybe the fact they only stretched out the phone a half inch and added features already found on most other smartphones is the reason for the lack of hype?? I defend them too though only when people make flat out false statements. But you.... it's like you work for them and defend them no matter how ridiculous your statements might be.

Rev.

Ha.

I must work for Apple now too. People on these forums also think I work for Verizon and Motorola.

I'll be quick to defend anyone when others jump on them with ridiculous statements or made-up BS. Fact is, spout off ignorant statements - expect to be called out.

"Apple doesn't innovate, they only litigate now." - No, their engineers are still working hard on things for their products and platforms. They're litigating because they own patents that they feel are being infringed upon. I'm sorry Samsung was found guilty but they wanted to take it to trial.

"Motorola hates the ROM development community so that means they'll never make a Nexus device for Google." - If Google wanted Motorola to make a Nexus device, Motorola would be making a Nexus device.

"Verizon's Share Everything plans are a rip-off and they're taking away my unlimted data." - If Verizon's Share Everything plans aren't for you, no one is forcing you to switch to them. If you want to keep your unlimited plan, there are ways to keep your unlimited data plan. No one is being forced off unlimited data.

Go ahead and use terms like iSheep. But just know that these are all corporations whose number one goal is to make money by taking your money. Samsung would LOVE for you to be sheep to their devices. Google wants to you be a slave to their ecosystem. No different than Amazon, Apple, or Microsoft.

Seems like there's a bit of insecurity with rabid Android fanboys, a bit of jealousy with all the hype or treatment that Apple receives from the mainstream. Android fanboys would also be quick to call iPhone fanboys elitist but then stoop to their level with the personal attacks and insults. As a fan of Android and Google, put yourself above that nonsense.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Funny how every time someone here disagrees with you you pull out the fanboy comments left and right. I agree that ridiculous statements toward any end need correction, but you clearly go out of your way to defend Apple at every turn even when people make valid arguments. I've posted criticizing aspects of the S3 numerous times. I'd hardly call myself a blinded fanboy. I know what issues the device has and I don't have any shyness pointing them out.

Rev.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Funny how every time someone here disagrees with you you pull out the fanboy comments left and right. I agree that ridiculous statements toward any end need correction, but you clearly go out of your way to defend Apple at every turn even when people make valid arguments. I've posted criticizing aspects of the S3 numerous times. I'd hardly call myself a blinded fanboy. I know what issues the device has and I don't have any shyness pointing them out.

Rev.

Valid arguments end when you start using terms like iSheep to describe iOS users. Things like that are for the fanboys. You can make your point without needing to go that route and I need to hold myself back more from taking the troll bait.

Someone here has something to the affect of "I don't measure someone's intelligence by what phone they choose" in their signature. Much better attitude.

If you want to follow me around like a couple of other forum members have (not going to name names but I did end up needing to add one person to my ignore list), you'll see that I'm not going around here defending Apple for the sake of defending Apple. Again, correcting false statements comes in to play. Or clarifying why one company would do something against another company.

Another example - "Samsung, HTC planning on suing Apple over LTE related patents" - I straight up called it an empty threat. Samsung shouldn't try to get involved in litigation over SEPs/FRAND-related patents. I'd ask, which patents is Samsung going to use? Do they know that Apple has LTE patents too? Do they know that Apple probably gets their LTE chipset from Qualcomm like they do for the third generation iPad with LTE? Do they know that Apple is in an LTE consortium with other companies like Ericsson, RIM, and Microsoft? All that gets dismissed because people are so angry that Samsung lost a case to Apple and will probably have to fork over a billion dollars.

"Motorola and Verizon broke their promise to give me ICS on my RAZR" or the "ICS hasn't been pushed to my RAZR yet, even though it's been pushed to others, so Verizon and Motorola lied about when it was going to be released" - I'll point out that Motorola announced that rollouts would begin in Q2 2012, not rollouts would be complete by Q2 2012. And again, because someone got passed up, they'll spout off about how Motorola and Verizon lied when clearly their misinterpreting the wording being used.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Valid arguments end when you start using terms like iSheep to describe iOS users.

Since when did saying iSheep refer to every iOS user?? Please explain how you come to this conclusion. You need to grow some thicker skin. I've already said dozens of times that I'd owned an iPhone 3G for 2 years, even saying it was a good device. Am I being a hypocrite because I used the word iSheep? Not at all, there's a clear difference, and if you can honestly sit in your chair and type away with terms like "Android fanboy" and then get upset about the term iSheep YOU are the hypocrite! You really need to look at yourself and analyze what you are saying. You throw around "Android fanboy" all the time then get upset when someone says iSheep.

For the record, and I know even you can't argue this, there are a large number of "cult" Apple fans that no matter what will always say Apple is God and will buy whatever they produce - THOSE are what I am referring to as iSheep, NOT everyone that uses an iPhone or Apple product. This extends well past the iPhone. I am a musician and use Windows for my music production... do you know in all my years writing music on the PC (probably about 15 years now) and also having done 3D graphics for many years I was repeatedly told by Apple sheep that I need to use a Mac if I want to do anything serious with music or graphics? It gets annoying and it is the most ignorant BS to have to deal with. THOSE people are SHEEP (now called iSheep).

You generalize too much, and I hope you can better understand now the specific people I am referring to and not *all* Apple users.

-Hypocrisy is the worst trait of humanity.

Rev.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Another example - "Samsung, HTC planning on suing Apple over LTE related patents" - I straight up called it an empty threat. Samsung shouldn't try to get involved in litigation over SEPs/FRAND-related patents. I'd ask, which patents is Samsung going to use?

Hey, just a quick question. You say that the Samsung and HTC lawsuit is an "empty threat", yet you yourself are unsure of what patents they would use. Care to explain how it can be an empty threat if you don't know what's in their arsenal? I am rather confused.

Sent from my HTC One X

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Hey, just a quick question. You say that the Samsung and HTC lawsuit is an "empty threat", yet you yourself are unsure of what patents they would use. Care to explain how it can be an empty threat if you don't know what's in their arsenal? I am rather confused.

He's right, it is an empty threat and I haven't even seen any official word from Samsung about this, only half witted posts from blogs and tech websites. For one, it's a FRAND patent which means it has to be fairly licensed. Who's to say Apple isn't just paying the usual license fees? Also, some have said Apple doesn't have to pay the fees but rather the chipmaker does, in which case Qualcomm would be paying the license fees for each chip it sells to Apple.

Either way there seems very very little likelyhood Apple is doing anything illegal putting LTE in their devices. Either they are paying license fees for it or the chip maker is. As a FRAND patent it's cheaper to pay the fair license fees then to try and play rebel where you could clearly be sued for patent violation.

Rev.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Ah, okay. Thanks for clarifying. I thought it would perhaps materialize, as I believed Samsung and HTC wouldn't let Apple bully them without retaliation.

Sent from my HTC One X

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I thought it would perhaps materialize, as I believed Samsung and HTC wouldn't let Apple bully them without retaliation.

I don't even think they need to. Apple suddenly changed their screen maker, the supplier of their iPhone 5 memory chips, removed Google Maps and Youtube, etc. With all these changes I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they have lots of issues with their newest devices. Chips that fail, software that doesn't work as well, screens that have noticeable imperfections, etc. Who knows, maybe everything will be fine. But with all these changes and how every new device of theirs is put under a microscope I wouldn't doubt for a second that they're going to shoot themselves in the foot with some of their actions.

Rev.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I wouldn't doubt for a second that they're going to shoot themselves in the foot with some of their actions.

Rev.

Same here. I think part of what helps this market thrive is not only competition, but cooperation. But now that Apple decided to pull up their big boy pants and decided to move on to different partners, they could possibly end up doing more damage to themselves than the others.

Sent from my HTC One X

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Someone here has something to the affect of "I don't measure someone's intelligence by what phone they choose" in their signature. Much better attitude.

:thumbup:

I don't care what kind of phone you have, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my HTC One X

One reason I feel its an empty threat is because they could have got the ball rolling by suing when Apple launched the LTE iPad.

Another one is timing. Samsung lost relatively big in the US. Days, if not, hours later- rumblings about suing over LTE.

And I've already mentioned my thoughts on the FRAND nature of the patents.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't even think they need to. Apple suddenly changed their screen maker, the supplier of their iPhone 5 memory chips, removed Google Maps and Youtube, etc. With all these changes I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they have lots of issues with their newest devices. Chips that fail, software that doesn't work as well, screens that have noticeable imperfections, etc. Who knows, maybe everything will be fine. But with all these changes and how every new device of theirs is put under a microscope I wouldn't doubt for a second that they're going to shoot themselves in the foot with some of their actions.

Rev.

I thought they got their screens from more than one supplier. Same thing with Flash memory. Please let me know if that's not true.

You do know the deals for Google Maps and YouTube were up, right? A better YouTube is now or will be in the App Store.

They are definitely shooting themselves in the foot with maps though. Apple's maps is missing some key features that Google Maps has. And touting 3D flyovers? Street View is much better.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I thought they got their screens from more than one supplier. Same thing with Flash memory. Please let me know if that's not true.

You do know the deals for Google Maps and YouTube were up, right? A better YouTube is now or will be in the App Store.

They are definitely shooting themselves in the foot with maps though. Apple's maps is missing some key features that Google Maps has. And touting 3D flyovers? Street View is much better.

The new screens are manufactured by sharp and LG due to the new in-cell touch technology. Samsung doesn't manufacturer any of them, as far as we know.

Also, anyone that thinks apple will be shooting themselves in the foot doesn't know apple. They don't just make these moves willy nilly. The switch in suppliers has been years in the making and has as much to do with the technology and quality of the new parts as it does to trying to minimize Samsung.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair