Anyone else eager to LAUGH at what apple has to offer Sept 12th?

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Look, you just said 10 minutes ago that you're still learning about Android and that your experience is very limited. I don't think that puts you in a very good position to comment on rooting devices, or how easy it is. If a device can be rooted in two minutes by downloading an app and and using a single click, that would be considered easy. Certainly easier then spending hours searching for dozens of apps and setting them up to make iOS emulate features that are already baked into Android.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

Again you turn words around. I never said it was easy. Sheesh. Why are you harping on my option of apps.

Leave it alone already. Really. What happened to having fun. Put me on ignore or something if you're just gonna harp and not help, seriously you're useless to a conversation.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Get in line, I'm still waiting for one of the other Apple champions (JHBThree, Ry, or Ryan) to explain to me the process for adding a shortcut to a .Doc file, a PDF, a movie, and a picture onto the iPhone homescreen. Anyone?

Rev.

Did I say there was one?

As far as I know, there isn't one directly on the device.

I think if it's hosted on the web somewhere, you can do this. Open in Safari, Add to Homescreen. You'll still need connectivity to access it. My wife uses Dropbox and save for offline to have offline access to PDFs she needs.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Did I say there was one?

I think if it's hosted on the web somewhere, you can do this. Open in Safari, Add to Homescreen. You'll still need connectivity to access it. My wife uses Dropbox and save for offline to have offline access to PDFs she needs.

I'll try it when I get home, thanks!

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd be more than happy to get your rooted and ready to go. Between Cyber Warrior and myself, there are plenty of extensive guides on how to root your phone and flash ROM's if you wish.

Yeah, if you can PM me a link if appreciate it. When I've looked around before I just saw so much information, especially on xda, that I was confused and didnt know where to start.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, if you can PM me a link if appreciate it. When I've looked around before I just saw so much information, especially on xda, that I was confused and didnt know where to start.

Don't blame you. A lot of information elsewhere is catered to a certain "degree" of knowledge and it usually talks past the common user. At AC I know I and others strive to create guides/tools that everyone can read, understand, and use without extensive expertise or knowing some foreign language.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Did I say there was one?

This is also the only way of with network access.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

What network are you on? Googling "one click root galaxy S3" plus whatever carrier you use will answer your question. If you are on Verizon, the link I listed above will work perfectly. Also, XDA is the worst place for a noob to go, every post is made with the assumption that you know what you're doing. It's a very tech savvy development community.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
What network are you on? Googling "one click root galaxy S3" plus whatever carrier you use will answer your question. If you are on Verizon, the link I listed above will work perfectly. Also, XDA is the worst place for a noob to go, every post is made with the assumption that you know what you're doing. It's a very tech savvy development community.

At&T

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Again you turn words around. I never said it was easy. Sheesh. Why are you harping on my option of apps.

Leave it alone already. Really. What happened to having fun. Put me on ignore or something if you're just gonna harp and not help, seriously you're useless to a conversation.

I didn't turn your words around at all. your exact words were " Rooting is much more difficult and could be detrimental to the function of your phone. Where as installing an app is not." Please don't get upset, it wasn't a personal insult, I was just saying that you're not in the best place to comment about something you admitted yourself you don't have much experience with.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Don't blame you. A lot of information elsewhere is catered to a certain "degree" of knowledge and it usually talks past the common user. At AC I know I and others strive to create guides/tools that everyone can read, understand, and use without extensive expertise or knowing some foreign language.

And its MUCH APPRECIATED believe me!! I rooted my old Epic 4G thanks to the wonderful guides here posted by our very own Paul627 (not sure if I got the digits correct). They got my feet wet as a complete beginner with Android OS and I'm very grateful to have taken the leap into rooting. I'm not currently rooted with my SGS3 but when the time comes, I will surely use the guides that are posted here!

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I didn't turn your words around at all. your exact words were " Rooting is much more difficult and could be detrimental to the function of your phone. Where as installing an app is not." Please don't get upset, it wasn't a personal insult, I was just saying that you're not in the best place to comment about something you admitted yourself you don't have much experience with.

Finish the quote or whatever else I said. That from what I've researched. You even said xda is not a good place for noobs. See what you're doing i s leaving out information. I commented on what my research showed me, and it didn't look easy. I didn't say, "well in my experience..."

Whatever, thanks for the video, maybe I'll give it a shot. Should have just posted that rather than harping. I'm not upset, you just should look at your posts a little better and give the full context.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Did I say there was one?

Never said you claimed it was possible, it was JHBThree. But, since there are a specific group of Apple champions on here I figured maybe one of you could tell me how to do this.

Nah, it needs to be a local thing. My wife for example has a PDF of her bus schedule as a shortcut on her Atrix and a shortcut to a picture that she took of her diet/nutrition paper. JHBthree was saying that a lot of these things we think are not possible are actually possible through the use of apps and saying I was spreading misinformation, so I would like to know how to do this on an iPhone. I was not calling you out as having claimed this, just figured one of you might be able to explain how it's done.

I found that there is an app on the app store called Any File, that is supposed to let you attach any file to an email. I haven't tried it out on my iPhone 3G, simply cause I don't really use it anymore and haven't taken the time to, but if that truly does allow users to email any file type then that is cool. Though, without flash drive style memory I'm not sure where one would have the files stored anyway to attach them. But even if us Android folk are wrong and some of these tasks can be done on an iPhone when we don't think it's possible it's good for us to be educated on the way to do it. For me at least, it may come in handy some day as I support iOS devices as part of my IT job, though mostly just setting up firm email/contacts/calendar.

Rev.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Never said you claimed it was possible, it was JHBThree. But, since there are a specific group of Apple champions on here I figured maybe one of you could tell me how to do this.

Way to make it personal. Just saying.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Way to make it personal. Just saying.

Wasn't making it personal at all, I didn't attack you or anything. I figured the four of you are the most known for defending Apple and probably are more familiar with all the things that can be done that people don't think can be done on iPhone - hence the reason I asked "Anyone?" at the end of the post. If you don't know how to make these shortcuts a simple, "I honestly don't know how" would've sufficed.

No harm meant man.

Rev.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Finish the quote or whatever else I said. That from what I've researched. You even said xda is not a good place for noobs. See what you're doing i s leaving out information. I commented on what my research showed me, and it didn't look easy. I didn't say, "well in my experience..."

Whatever, thanks for the video, maybe I'll give it a shot. Should have just posted that rather than harping. I'm not upset, you just should look at your posts a little better and give the full context.

I did. Feel free to go back and read your post. I didn't think you would be so easily offended, as you've told me to "stop crying", etc. In previous replies to me and you had just said yourself you don't have much experience and your knowledge of Android was limited. I wasn't trying to use noob as an insult. I'll be sure in future to try to phrase my replies differently so as not to hurt your feelings, but I was genuinely trying to be helpful by suggesting you avoid XDA if you're looking to find solutions that aren't quite so technical.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I did. Feel free to go back and read your post. I didn't think you would be so easily offended, as you've told me to "stop crying", etc. In previous replies to me and you had just said yourself you don't have much experience and your knowledge of Android was limited. I wasn't trying to use noob as an insult. I'll be sure in future to try to phrase my replies differently so as not to hurt your feelings, but I was genuinely trying to be helpful by suggesting you avoid XDA if you're looking to find solutions that aren't quite so technical.

Lol. That didn't bother me. We're talking about 2 different things now.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
O

Here's another good one. Copy a file to drop box from your desktop then open it and try to edit it. On Android this is not a problem. Open, edit, save. ios not an option.

Or how about the App called Tasker. It is unavailable on ios. Probably because there is no option to customize it or use widgets.
Check it out. Pretty amazing stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEhnOJl5mTo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums

How long has it been since you've used ios. I am able to open and edit documents on my iPad through drop box without issue.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad