97mb OTA update

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
So what was the update? I have the same version as you but I was asked if I wanted to do an update which was about 29mb?! Wonder if that's for something totally different?

jenks5150

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I got an update last night as well, mine was only 85 MB though. I've noticed a couple changes, but version still shows 4.0.4.

- Brightness slider in the pull down menu
- When writing a text message, the attach button is no longer stacked below the send, it's on either side of the entry field now
- My main clock widget on my home screen is much smaller now? :s
- Shows phone number below contact name in a messaging conversation now

Give us Jelly Bean already!

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
@jenks5150 I got the phone last week unlocked and not on any network. Looking at what you said you have I already have these things?! Wond:eek:ering what the update for me could be??

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Most Canadian carriers pushed out the same update (it seems) earlier this week. Not much changed except a brightness slider and apparently some better battery behaviour (I have yet to see that portion). Cheers from up north!

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
The most obvious changes are the brightness slider... but there's a lot of other small User Interface (UI) changes throughout the phone. Also to me the phone seems to be running even more fluid than before.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This must be a late update for you guys. I've had the brightness slider from an update a month ago.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I also got a extra loud sound button when using the speakerphone and a different icon when making calls.
It does seem a bit faster but I also changed some settings just before the update so cant be sure.

garry1bowie

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
The update that I was showing bricked my phone! Well, it didn't, guess I did! I'm new to Android, Apple fan boy basically. Got the S3 last Wednesday, rooted it and Bob's you uncke. Went to update and it came back with some mad message saying there was an error on the update, go to Keis and do a recovery or something like that.

I guess if you're rooted you can't update? Anyway, I've put it into the phone hospital, wee shop next to Priceless computing here in Glasgow, guy's confident of bringing it back to life. Pray for me guys. :p

jenks5150

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Most Canadian carriers pushed out the same update (it seems) earlier this week. Not much changed except a brightness slider and apparently some better battery behaviour (I have yet to see that portion). Cheers from up north!

Yeah that would be a welcome addition...battery is still sh!t at best.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude