I have always been a pocket cellphone guy. Never cared for holsters. Now with my Galaxy S3 I have decided the best way to go is with a holster. I am currently using otterbox commuter case and I love it, but I also listen to a ton of music on this thing since I bought a pair of bose quiet comfort 15 headphones. I am so sick and tired of digging this thing out of my pocket that I have decided to get the otterbox defender series case since it comes with a holster.

I am also loving the fact that the defender holster has kickstand on it so I can set it on my desktop at night. A few questions though. From the pictures and videos I watched about the case it seems as though you can access the headphone jack and charger jack while its in the holster right? I would also like to know if the built in screen protector is removable or is it something you have to deal with? Thanks guys and gals for the responses.
    09-06-2012 02:50 PM
    Always been a holster user except for the brief period that I had the Commuter case. I was always afraid that I would sit on it and cracked the screen. Since I have my Defender, I never worry about dropping it.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    Archienj7 likes this.
    09-06-2012 03:37 PM
    You gotta deal with the screen protector. Unless you cut it out yourself, it's bonded to the top inner frame. I'd leave it on tbh as I know mine has saved my screen a few times.
    09-06-2012 05:24 PM
    1. Yes you can use the headphone jack while in the holster. I do it at the gym all the time.

2. Yes, the screen protector is very easy to remove. It is tacked in all around, but it can be removed with very little effort. Just push a little. I use a Zagg HD screen protector, which was installed before I got my Defender.

BTW, I love my Defender. It fits great and looks great too. I have the white GS3 with the Glacier Defender case.
    09-06-2012 06:26 PM
    My holster inhibited me from bending over *pause* without discomfort so I stopped wearing it

I have the defender series otterbox case and it's a real pain to get stabbed by
    Hard plastic
    Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-06-2012 06:38 PM
    I too have a Commuter. I have used Defenders in the past when available for the phone I have. However, the bulk of the Defender and the lame built-in screen protector on the S3 version put me off. I am rocking my Commuter and a Seidio Active Holster and lovin it! Best of both worlds. The size and protection of the Commuter with the convenience of the Active holster. Very happy camper. The holster could be cheaper, but i used a coupon code. Try it, you might like it.
    09-06-2012 07:58 PM
    I'm actually going to go the other way. The GS3 does not fit in the holster i used for my Photon, gonna give a thing case and the pocket a shot for once. Didn't see any holsters i liked.
    09-06-2012 08:28 PM
    I am put off by having an adhesive screen protector on the Commuter.

Sent From My Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet
    09-06-2012 08:29 PM
    The headphone port is fully accessible while in the holster.

I wasn't so sure about the screen protector with the Defender at first, but now I am used to it. It is a fingerprint magnet for sure though.

I prefer holster cases so for me, this is working wonderful for me.
    09-06-2012 08:46 PM
    I have always been a naked phone in the back pocket type but as the OP, I rock the holster on this phone 6 times a week. While at work I run it on my belt and my day off it's naked in my pocket. Haven't had a phone in a holster since my blackberry days but I def miss the screen auto turning on when sliding out and locking when sliding in.
    09-06-2012 09:24 PM
    Just got back from switching out the commuter for the defender. Wow this case is awesome! The screen protector is not really bothering me but it does look funny when an all/mostly white screen shows up, other than that it is not intrusive at all. The rest of the case (not holster part just the case) is only slightly (very slightly) bulkier than the commuter, but it actually weighs less! I can really feel a difference in weight. I am truly in love with having a holster already! It is sooooo much easier than putting it in a front pants pocket and way more accessible. All in all I think the Defender case is super slick, and rocking a holster is cool as hell.
    09-06-2012 10:29 PM
    Pocket guy. I hate holsters and I don't trust them quite frankly
    09-07-2012 12:50 AM
    Same here. Never trusted them, particularly when seated or moving through crowds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    09-07-2012 12:54 AM
    Yup me too! Also, I could never figure out how to look cool.....err.....look well in my attire with a huge bulge of a phone protruding out of my hip...lol!
    09-07-2012 01:04 AM
    ...I could never figure out how to look cool.....err.....look well in my attire with a huge bulge of a phone protruding out of my hip...
    Always naked - IMO a holster, especially one with a Defender series looks about as cool as a fanny-pack, no thank you.

Protecting it isn't really a concern for me as I tend to buy a new phone everywhere 9 months or so & have a few spares in case one breaks prematurely.
    09-07-2012 01:41 AM
    I sometimes use a holster and sometimes carry phones in my pocket.I got a soft type holster that works with either phone my S3 or Nexus.At work I carry it more in my holster due to the fact it hard to hear phone ring while in my pocket when out in shop because of noise factor.I never clip holster to my belt when I use a holster its clipped to my pocket.
    When I am just out around town, I usually just carry phone in my pocket.When I am riding in my car usually phone is in car console pocket.
    I do have screen protectors on them and in thin light style type cases either way.
    09-07-2012 05:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD