So I love my Galaxy S3, However it is quite different from my Droid Incredible I used to have. I know it is Sense versus Touchwiz. Anyway, What I am wondering is how do I dial a contact name with a space. For instance I have several Doug contacts. I want to just type d-o-u-g and then the first initial of their last name. However, the S3 seems to stop looking and switches to just numbers. I found a sort of work around in using the * for the space but the problem with that is it only comes up with one of the phone numbers for the contact I am looking for. So anyway, is there a way to type the rest of their name when looking for a contact?

Before you answer, I know I can hit the down arrow next to the first name found but with 17 choices, I then have to scroll. I am not saying that this is a killer problem, just inconvenient for me. My old Droid Incredible used to just keep looking.
    09-06-2012 02:28 PM
    I don't know that you can with the default dialer. I would probably just type in the last name instead of "Doug." I am assuming you know you don't need to use the first name...as you can type in any part of the name, like how "o-u-g" would still return "Doug" along with anything else with "o-u-g" in it.
    09-06-2012 04:38 PM
    I have same issue ..and with new text messages as well..
    09-06-2012 09:28 PM
    Never thought about using the last name. That would sort of work.

As for text messages, I use Handcent instead of the built in one.
    09-06-2012 09:35 PM
    Using the asterisk has greatly helped me. I was very frustrated dialing contacts with spaces until your tip.
    06-30-2013 09:12 PM