09-28-2012 05:13 PM
57 123
tools
    id say around 95% of people on here understand how averages work lol
    mine is down to 9.5hrs

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-17-2012 05:56 PM
    Update made it look much better IMO. I hate ginger bread uis
    09-17-2012 06:53 PM
    Does anyone else dislike the icon being on the left hand side of the notification bar?
    For those that like the ICS theme do you use the ICS theme for the icon?
    09-18-2012 09:45 AM
    isnt there a setting to not have any icon in status/notification bar? i dont have any icon..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-18-2012 03:15 PM
    Yeah the option is there. I don't have it in the status bar right now. I just wish you could put the icon on the right side cuz I liked it being up there. Just not on the left B-)
    09-18-2012 04:24 PM
    ah right lol. what does the icon show?

09-18-2012 04:32 PM
    It shows up on the left side where notifications are displayed.
    09-18-2012 04:42 PM
    meant WHAT does it show lol. you should download Battery Notifier and disable the stock battery percentage

09-18-2012 07:34 PM
    It tells you every app that has used resources during the current charge. How much time your phone was at what signal strength. It also tells you estimated time left on the charge based on the overall usage since last unplugged and the last x minutes. X being user configurable. While plugged in it tells you an estimate of time to full charge.

But on the other hand it'd much simpler. Which can be good.
    09-18-2012 08:45 PM
    I tried it and it really doesn't add any more value than GSAM. It's just a different icon in the notification bar. More themes but that's it.

So I think I'll stick with GSAM. I like the info I get from it. But I don't like that the icon is on the left. So I'm stuck between firm and function.
    09-19-2012 09:44 AM
    yeah i use GSam myself but not the statusbar icon. i jst like battery notifier coz it looks nicer than the stock percentage and its easier on my old eyes lol plus it shows the temp etc in notification pull-down

09-19-2012 09:48 AM
    The monochrome icon is Ok. I really like seeing the estimated time left and time to full charge. But I don't like system info in the left. But is it worth all the data it provides
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-19-2012 09:51 AM
    Hey funky. Do you use the interval time or just the average? I have the interval time set to 15 minutes but find it kinda useless. Obviously if I play angry birds for 15 minutes my time left will be less.
    09-19-2012 11:31 AM
    just average.
    ps, in gsam, hit menu, preferences and uncheck "show icon in notification bar" and then just use the widget for info

09-20-2012 06:03 PM
    I have just got this app and I air t got a clue what the eff it means. Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-21-2012 08:33 AM
    I don't really like widgets either lol

If it's between a widget and an icon in the notification bar I'd choose the icon.
    09-21-2012 08:38 AM
    with like 7 homescreens, thats craaaazy lol ;p

09-22-2012 02:39 AM
    I have just got this app and I air t got a clue what the eff it means. Any help?

just let it learn mate, hit "battery eaters" to see whats munchin on battery. use "time left" etc as a rough guide to how much time u have left in batt'.. keep the app runnin and it should learn more.
    put the widget on one of your messy homescreens, tap it wen u want deep info, tap part of the list wen u want deeper info etc

09-22-2012 02:43 AM
    Battery waters. Where is that then? Ive had for a while now and my average is 1 day 13 hours so I have no issues with battery

09-22-2012 12:56 PM
    my average started off pretty high but its learned and its down to like 9hrs

09-22-2012 01:59 PM
    "battery suckers" bottom left icon bro. dammit i just pressed the + button and think its reset my stats says average life 10.5 hours now...

09-22-2012 02:03 PM
    Sorry for my typo. That should of said suckers instead of waters. What that's about I dunno. Yea I have been playing around with the gsam. Seems a good app. I have juice defender aswell.

09-22-2012 05:09 PM
    Sorry for my typo. That should of said suckers instead of waters. What that's about I dunno. Yea I have been playing around with the gsam. Seems a good app. I have juice defender aswell.

i actualy thought u meant to type "wasters" mate lol yeah its good app. might give Better Battery Stats a try too.
    what does Juice Defender actualy do that we cant just do manualy?
    ive read some good reviews from s3 owners on playstore but im always wary of apps like that and task managers..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-22-2012 06:23 PM
    Juice defender i have the free version. It turns off the radio when the phone isnt in use.So when you sleep its not active. Its suppose to halp save on the battery too.
    Gsam is ok as well. Saying that im not sure really that these apps help. Just gives you averages and not actual. So the thing is the more you use your phone the quicker your going to drain your battery the less you use it you save power. Simples
    I do like the app sucker thing. I dont know what a kernal is but thats highest on my list at 2.5% so not really doing any damage to it at all.
    One thing i wanna know is when your phone should be sleeping and is being kept awake by a certain app,how do you make the app sleep whilst the phone does?

Just refreshed it and now my SYSTEM (WAKELOCK) is at 7.3% wtf?
    09-23-2012 02:57 AM
    certain apps have to wake the phone, say to give notifications etc
    kernal, to my understanding is the big chunk of firmware that controls the phones deepest functions (hope someone can correct me lol)
    doubt id use juice defender as i tend to control whats usin up power manualy but im sure its good for some people.
    have you ever looked into data use in settings and selected a certain app, theres a pie chart showing data used in foreground/background... for the apps that i feel dont need background data, i disable it to save battery

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    09-27-2012 08:59 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD