Gsam battery monitor

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I don't really like widgets either lol

If it's between a widget and an icon in the notification bar I'd choose the icon.

Last edited:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
with like 7 homescreens, thats craaaazy lol ;p

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I have just got this app and I air t got a clue what the eff it means. Any help?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

just let it learn mate, hit "battery eaters" to see whats munchin on battery. use "time left" etc as a rough guide to how much time u have left in batt'.. keep the app runnin and it should learn more.
put the widget on one of your messy homescreens, tap it wen u want deep info, tap part of the list wen u want deeper info etc ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Battery waters. Where is that then? Ive had for a while now and my average is 1 day 13 hours so I have no issues with battery :) :D

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
my average started off pretty high but its learned and its down to like 9hrs :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
"battery suckers" bottom left icon bro. dammit i just pressed the + button and think its reset my stats :( says average life 10.5 hours now...

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for my typo. That should of said suckers instead of waters. What that's about I dunno. Yea I have been playing around with the gsam. Seems a good app. I have juice defender aswell.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for my typo. That should of said suckers instead of waters. What that's about I dunno. Yea I have been playing around with the gsam. Seems a good app. I have juice defender aswell.

i actualy thought u meant to type "wasters" mate lol :) yeah its good app. might give Better Battery Stats a try too.
what does Juice Defender actualy do that we cant just do manualy?
ive read some good reviews from s3 owners on playstore but im always wary of apps like that and task managers..

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Juice defender i have the free version. It turns off the radio when the phone isnt in use.So when you sleep its not active. Its suppose to halp save on the battery too.
Gsam is ok as well. Saying that im not sure really that these apps help. Just gives you averages and not actual. So the thing is the more you use your phone the quicker your going to drain your battery the less you use it you save power. Simples :)
I do like the app sucker thing. I dont know what a kernal is but thats highest on my list at 2.5% so not really doing any damage to it at all.
One thing i wanna know is when your phone should be sleeping and is being kept awake by a certain app,how do you make the app sleep whilst the phone does?

Just refreshed it and now my SYSTEM (WAKELOCK) is at 7.3% wtf?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
certain apps have to wake the phone, say to give notifications etc
kernal, to my understanding is the big chunk of firmware that controls the phones deepest functions (hope someone can correct me lol)
doubt id use juice defender as i tend to control whats usin up power manualy but im sure its good for some people.
have you ever looked into data use in settings and selected a certain app, theres a pie chart showing data used in foreground/background... for the apps that i feel dont need background data, i disable it to save battery

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
certain apps have to wake the phone, say to give notifications etc
kernal, to my understanding is the big chunk of firmware that controls the phones deepest functions (hope someone can correct me lol)
doubt id use juice defender as i tend to control whats usin up power manualy but im sure its good for some people.
have you ever looked into data use in settings and selected a certain app, theres a pie chart showing data used in foreground/background... for the apps that i feel dont need background data, i disable it to save battery

I like the gsam app. Shows me more than juice defender. I just haven't got around to getting rid. I do use the data use and I have set most things to when I am connected to WiFi. So while I am at work it doesn't suck the battery life to much. I use WiFi at home mainly. I have just upped mg data usage to 2gb for an extra ?2 so I can watch TV or you tube while at work. Saying all this I'm not much for one in changing a lot of the stuff on my phone. I'd just like it to work out of the box and do a few simple add on here n there. I'll leave All the changing to you guys :D

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I also been using GSam Battery Monitor Pro when it was called Bad Azz Battery Monitor( I dont leave the notification icon toggled on)
Also CPU Spy is good teamed up with it .Thats why I use both :)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I also been using GSam Battery Monitor Pro when it was called Bad Azz Battery Monitor( I dont leave the notification icon toggled on)
Also CPU Spy is good teamed up with it .Thats why I use both :)

What does the CPU spy do mate? Sorry for the ignorance of my question I am a little less intelligent on these things.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I like the gsam app. Shows me more than juice defender. I just haven't got around to getting rid. I do use the data use and I have set most things to when I am connected to WiFi. So while I am at work it doesn't suck the battery life to much. I use WiFi at home mainly. I have just upped mg data usage to 2gb for an extra ?2 so I can watch TV or you tube while at work. Saying all this I'm not much for one in changing a lot of the stuff on my phone. I'd just like it to work out of the box and do a few simple add on here n there. I'll leave All the changing to you guys :D

mate is it an o2 contract youre on? u checked out Giffgaff.com? my average data use is 20gb a month.
im on Three but if u get a good o2 signal n data speeds, u should check out giffgaff :)

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
mate is it an o2 contract youre on? u checked out Giffgaff.com? my average data use is 20gb a month.
im on Three but if u get a good o2 signal n data speeds, u should check out giffgaff :)

Jesus! 20gb!!?!!!!!!!!! Yea I am on an ok co tract. The most they do is 2gb. Signal I get is average while I am at home so j use WiFi. But ifbivwanna surf I use my iPad.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im on Three p+g, ?15 for unlimited data, 3000txt, 300mins.
giffgaff runs on o2, its just went from 10 to 12qid unlimited data, unlimited text, 250mins. it doesnt have a call centre, its online forums and u get "payback" for helping noobs and introducing folk to the network. in a 6month period i earned ?160 just by doing the same as i do on this forum lol i just keep a giffgaff sim active to still earn payback (3 data is like 2ce as fast) but ive heard o2 are gettin 4g?

deanodrums

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Gsam battery monito

I am not sure about 4g at the moment. I am in a 24 month contract so it will be a while till I get something new. A lot of people say get a sim only and then buy the phone outright. Then you have the choice to update your phone as and when you please :thumbup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox