[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol i keep having to ask what these american internet shorthand terms mean so im gona guess this time... does FML mean F*** My Life? :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Rogers guy here. I trust the website which means it isn't released yet.

Canada (BMC,VMC,Rogers) → Pending...
Canada (BELL,Wind,Telus) → Pending...

I'm sure once it's released it'll be news and you'll hear about it quite quickly.

"pending" is bad sorry, the next level is "updating" and my unlocked (pure samsung firmware) UK s3 was "updating" for like a month before i got it. sorry guys.
all youre really missing is google now.. not as a voice assistant, just as a freaky sci-fi thing that knows everything you do lol.
option to disable app notifications/statusbar icons is great too.
speed... you wont notice much difference seriously :)
enjoy ICS on a superphone :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Rogers guy here. I trust the website which means it isn't released yet.

Canada (BMC,VMC,Rogers) → Pending...
Canada (BELL,Wind,Telus) → Pending...

I'm sure once it's released it'll be news and you'll hear about it quite quickly.

You can install the leaked BellMobility 4.1.1 version without rooting, I just did it this morning. There's a thread over on xda that explains how to do it. Also pay attention to posts 25 & 29, for GPS fix and for Voice Output Google Now fix. This has been tested on all Canadian carrier branded SGS3s and doesn't take that much time to complete. No PC required to do the install, I did it all directly on my phone.

After the install/update, I deactivated S-Voice and then used Home2 Shortcut (Play Store) to sync Google Now to the double-tap Home.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
You can install the leaked BellMobility 4.1.1 version without rooting, I just did it this morning. There's a thread over on xda that explains how to do it. Also pay attention to posts 25 & 29, for GPS fix and for Voice Output Google Now fix. This has been tested on all Canadian carrier branded SGS3s and doesn't take that much time to complete. No PC required to do the install, I did it all directly on my phone.

After the install/update, I deactivated S-Voice and then used Home2 Shortcut (Play Store) to sync Google Now to the double-tap Home.

is "home 2 shortcut" an app mate? :)

Unbranded Global s3, Official JB, Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Thanks but I'll just wait it out at this point, they said end of Nov.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it let's you configure what happens when you press Home-Home or Home-Back etc.

Unrooted?
All i really use my home button for now is to wake the locker screen.
It really is a pointless piece of retro tech lol :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
UNrooted.

No computer, no ClockworkMod, no nothing. All I did was download the 4.1.1, move it to my external SD card, Turn the phone off, turn it back on in recovery mode, wipe the cache, install zip from extSDcard, reboot and I was done. 15 minutes. It doesn't register as a 'flash' on the counter.

I found out after I had installed that app, that the way to activate Google Now was with a long press on the menu button. They are pretty slow on replying over on xda...so I took matters into my own hands.

To be perfectly honest, the new notifications are the best thing about JellyBean, imo. Google Now, while interesting....I'm going to say it's a little overrated. As far as fluidity "Project Butter"etc...I really don't notice much difference.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
UNrooted.

No computer, no ClockworkMod, no nothing. All I did was download the 4.1.1, move it to my external SD card, Turn the phone off, turn it back on in recovery mode, wipe the cache, install zip from extSDcard, reboot and I was done. 15 minutes. It doesn't register as a 'flash' on the counter.

I found out after I had installed that app, that the way to activate Google Now was with a long press on the menu button. They are pretty slow on replying over on xda...so I took matters into my own hands.

To be perfectly honest, the new notifications are the best thing about JellyBean, imo. Google Now, while interesting....I'm going to say it's a little overrated. As far as fluidity "Project Butter"etc...I really don't notice much difference.

Nah google now impresses me every day mate.
Not the voice assistant crap but i forgot i had put an appointment in my calander in the city today ages ago.
NOW woke me up with a card tellin me when to leave the house to get there on time by walk, train and walk, train times, everything.
Even if i walk past a bus stop, it tells me stuff and thats with gps off, wifi on :)

Unbranded Official TW s3.Paisley,Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
....if u use Custom Ics Widget, make it transparent on ur homescreen and shrink it a bit, youl have a faster, sneakyer way of gettin into NOW.
Yeah you couldnt expect BUTTER to do much to a powerphone like this tbh :)

ybcthanerd

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
UNrooted.

where did u get ur APK from??

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
....if u use Custom Ics Widget, make it transparent on ur homescreen and shrink it a bit, youl have a faster, sneakyer way of gettin into NOW.
Yeah you couldnt expect BUTTER to do much to a powerphone like this tbh :)

I like my Google Search Bar up top...does the same thing. Maybe one day I'll try that out. :D

jjhoneck

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
This sucks. My wife just got Jelly Bean on her POS Motorola Razor M, while I am still waiting for the S3...
:-(

WTF is WRONG with Verizon?

Sent from my Nexus 7

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Sure is.
And a very good guide for anyone who's contract is due for renewal!

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae