04-07-2015 02:21 PM
411 ... 14151617
tools
    Is it possible to add a Google now shortcut to the homescreen? I'd rather have an icon on homescreen instead of having to hold the home button down

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD
    12-29-2012 07:57 AM
    Is it possible to add a Google now shortcut to the homescreen? I'd rather have an icon on homescreen instead of having to hold the home button down

Depends, do u use voice?
    I use Custom Ics Search widget and make everything transparent except the microphone, takes u straght to Now voice rec'
    There may be a Now app though.
    Id start new topic :thumbup:

Ps, holding down the menu button left of home button takes u straght to Now

MERRY XMAS!!!X
    Unbranded international s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    12-30-2012 09:11 AM
    Hi I have 2 s3's and they both received a forced update from verizon for jellybean. Now they work like 10 year old junk, they both say 4.1.1 when I look to see what os they are running. Ive called verizon and samsung and both told me there is no way to put them back to 4.0.5 does anyone know how I can put them back? This new software is junk, its slow it drains my battery and it just has a lot of other problems. If they cant be swithced back I will trash them and find some that haven't had the update. Any help would be appreciated.
    01-05-2013 03:27 PM
    Hello,

I bought a new Samsung Galaxy S3 unlocked to all networks.

With the launch of the new Jelly Bean firmware, I tried installing the new firmware through my phone by tapping on the [U][B]SOFTWARE UPDATE VERSION, [B] IN RETURN IT SAID NO UPDATE FOUND.

So then i did that through KIES and it does not pick up the new firmware so I am still stuck on the Ice Cream Sandwich.

PLEASEEEE could any one out there help me out?
    01-09-2013 02:40 AM
    what country u in mate?
    is it the US or global model?

Unbranded international rooted s3 with Official 4.1.2 JB. Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe :beer:
    01-09-2013 07:04 PM

Yes, if you don't like the holding down method that funckylogik pointed out, you can go to widgets and choose custom widgets that comes with the Samsung JB OS. Place the icon in home screen and it will open up a list of apps to choose from. The app named "Google" with a blue box logo (with a while letter "g") is GoogleNow. Choose that and now you have a home screen icon to launch GN.
    funkylogik likes this.
    01-10-2013 07:16 AM
    Yes, if you don't like the holding down method that funckylogik pointed out, you can go to widgets and choose custom widgets that comes with the Samsung JB OS. Place the icon in home screen and it will open up a list of apps to choose from. The app named "Google" with a blue box logo (with a while letter "g") is GoogleNow. Choose that and now you have a home screen icon to launch GN.
    Thanks

01-10-2013 11:30 AM
    Hi. I'm new to any OS beyond honeycomb so I'm having some issues here. How can a "smart" phone, excuse me...an
    *android* smart phone, work without Adobe flash?
    I downloaded the Adobe flash version for 4.0 (I have 4.1.2 ha ha) but I still see that annoying ? in a box!
    Help please!
    Thanks in advance, Doe

Posted via Android Central App
    05-13-2013 08:00 PM
    Hi. I'm new to any OS beyond honeycomb so I'm having some issues here. How can a "smart" phone, excuse me...an
    *android* smart phone, work without Adobe flash?
    I downloaded the Adobe flash version for 4.0 (I have 4.1.2 ha ha) but I still see that annoying ? in a box!
    Help please!
    Thanks in advance, Doe

Hi Doe,
    To answer your first question, Adobe Flash is going out of the door. I am a web developer and I work with HTML 5 animations. We no longer use Flash, we use HTML 5 to create dynamic content. By the end of 2013, I expect every single major website to go with HTML 5 because it also help developers like me to reduce the load on our servers. YouTube for example already have HTML 5 support, which will eliminate the need for separate apps.

If you want to load Flash right now, you can download Dolphin Browser from the Play Store and it will work with your current flash install.

So, basically there is nothing wrong with Android as a smart phone. It is just some web developers are super slow to move their Flash stone age web sites to new age HTML 5 systems.

All the best.

Edit: Adobe also have stopped further development into Flash. They also now push for HTML 5 Animations called Adobe Edge Animate.
    05-19-2013 02:46 PM
    Does anyone know when Jelly Bean 4.2 will be released for Samsung Galaxy s3?

- - - Updated - - -

06-22-2013 01:20 AM

- - - Updated - - -

In Canada they just released OS 4.1.2. So if you are in Canada, I don't expect OS 4.2 to get out officially for at least for next few months. I think even Samsung has not released the OS to service providers like Telus.
    06-29-2013 08:04 PM
    My husband just got an S4 and it has 4.3. When are the S3s going to get that update? Anyone know???
    08-12-2013 09:26 AM
    My husband just got an S4 and it has 4.3. When are the S3s going to get that update? Anyone know???
    I don't have a husband but I do hav GSIII. and I'm very desperately waiting to see Android 4.3 on my device. It would be great if we all receive it in this month. Though, thode with Carriers will definitely take more time as compare to International versions.

Sent from my GSIII
    08-12-2013 10:08 AM
    Officially in the UK it meant to be this October near the end but seem like nothing going on so far! I am curious to know tbh

10-25-2013 01:00 PM
    I hear that the 4.3 update has been suspended for now. I'm expecting it to delay the update in the UK for....... god knows how long!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Find me on Twitter @Ichi_Bear
    11-21-2013 08:34 AM
    I hear that the 4.3 update has been suspended for now. I'm expecting it to delay the update in the UK for....... god knows how long!

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

Find me on Twitter @Ichi_Bear
    Sounds like the delay may only be for the enyxos processor models (outside the US). AT&T and T-Mobile have started rolling out the 4.3 update here stateside, even after the announced delays outside the US (though AT&T's was allegedly delayed [if you believe the leaked schedule that listed the rollout dates from several weeks ago])
    Ichi_Bear likes this.
    11-21-2013 08:52 AM
    I am fine with the update, but just that it uses ridiculous amount of RAM. And also, they didn't have the s4 style weather gadget on the update D:

Sent from my Potato using Tapatalk running on iOS 6.1.3
    12-22-2013 01:34 AM
    Don't worry about the ram it uses. It's optimized that way. Plus, the fact that you have 2 gig worth helps. I've had my S3 since it first released on Verizon over a year and a half ago and have never experienced a lack of ram. If you'd like you can go in and clear the ram every few weeks, but overall, your device will run just fine.
    If you'd like, join us on our sister site S3forums.net
    Happy holidays!

tap'n
    12-22-2013 01:43 AM
    Android will reuse RAM as needed. Unlike Windows, there is no advantage to "empty" RAM.
    12-23-2013 09:36 AM
    I updated and had several problems. Today's frustration is with the message app. When I try to voice-to-text, the recorded stops after a few seconds. I have to keep touching and restarting the recorder!! Had issues with PDF downloads, messaged up alerts and ringtones, battery life.
    12-26-2013 11:23 AM
    i have the Samsung galaxy s3 on net10 and never even got the 4.3 update. im still on 4.1.2. does anyone know why i haven't gotten the update? the phone has never been rooted.

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
    12-27-2013 07:27 PM
    does anyone know why i haven't gotten the update?
    That would be a great question to ask NET10.
    What model, and did it originally have firmware from another carrier?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    12-27-2013 09:41 PM
    That would be a great question to ask NET10.
    What model, and did it originally have firmware from another carrier?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    its the SCH-S960L and has never been hacked and has always been on net10

Sent from my SCH-S960L using Tapatalk
    12-28-2013 07:10 PM
    Well, if the firmware is from NET10 then the update is going to have to come from them. You'll have to contact them.

12-28-2013 11:12 PM
    So i have s3 and got update to 4.3 and here is confusing thing it allows copy game to sd card how that works? As i think it move to sd card only starter app but not aditional content that is over 1gb and when i se on app it looks confusing to it say total used over 1gb but not say phone memory or sd card. Just confused why move little mb starter app if cant move big aditional content?
    01-12-2014 01:43 PM
411 ... 14151617
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD