[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
With everyone's mind turning towards JellyBean, I thought it a good idea to try and keep it confined to a single thread.

Post all of your rumors, speculation, whining, complaining and disgust over how the JellyBean release is going, here.

There is no reason to post more than a single thread. When it comes out. There will be several more threads I will open for the same purpose.

Thanks

Edit: JellyBean is now available... Thread is open for general discussion.

Last edited:

sev.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Jellybean 4.1 update?

Has anyone got an idea on when the OS update will be released?

Follow up question : if so how can i update it?

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Right now if you are willing to take a risk... Root and flash CM 10

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
If you on Verizon don't expect the update until next year some time. It seems like no matter now good an android phone is, if it's not a droid branded phone they don't care about it being updated quickly. Look how much they promote the droid razr still to this day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

KurtM88

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
If you on Verizon don't expect the update until next year some time. It seems like no matter now good an android phone is, if it's not a droid branded phone they don't care about it being updated quickly. Look how much they promote the droid razr still to this day.

My brothers samsung Galaxy Nexus on Verizon is still on ice cream sandwich how sad is that Verizon really needs to dish out these update faster

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

jpullins

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I believe it.....I'm so glad I got away from Verizon

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
If they're smart they push it before the new iPhone is released. It would be a profound message to anyone thinking of jumping ship to iPhone that Samsung is serious about getting updates out quick. If not what's the point of keeping every S3 the same regardless of carrier.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII

ryandubbz

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: Jellybean 4.1 update?

what does this new update have in store for us? hopefully being able to add new words to the texting dictionary??? :eek:

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
They should release it on the day Apple announces the Iphone 5. You know just to steal some thunder.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

Watching that video and seeing the folder animation thing on Jelly Bean vs ICS, I wonder if he had his animation scale setting the same on both phones. My guess is he had the ICS one set to a lower value (say 0.5 as opposed to 1)

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Watching that video and seeing the folder animation thing on Jelly Bean vs ICS, I wonder if he had his animation scale setting the same on both phones. My guess is he had the ICS one set to a lower value (say 0.5 as opposed to 1)

Looks that way to me too and he does mention it in the video. Maybe he forgot to equalize both?