[OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Discussion

BEARD GANG

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Re: [OFFICIAL] GS3 JellyBean Speculation

is this a guess or what bro? (link?) and will it be OTA or Kies first?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Guess lol.. Cant be OTA because apple invented that remember

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

uploadfromtaptalk1349052703328.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: waiting for JB?

lookin good for germany and UK :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: waiting for JB?

*dances around freakishly* :)

CaneToad

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site

excelext thaxks mate.
UK says "updating", whats that mean? :)

(Pending…) → Update is Not Available for this Region, yet!
(Updating…) → Update is awaiting Approval.
(4.1.1 Update Available!) → Update Available via KIES/OTA.

---------- Post Merged at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Ok just checked again and YEEEHA

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

That is one depressing website. Why is Poland so special?
I think this is because (may be) Poland has a smaller share of GS III than any other country? This way if a bug was directed it will only effect few people before mass release.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site

I think this is because (may be) Poland has a smaller share of GS III than any other country? This way if a bug was directed it will only effect few people before mass release.

could be right. im just gona check the site every day lol. cant wait till this geek-weight is off ma shoulders lol :)

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site

I'm no rocket scientist, but just how different could the software be between the international and north american verisons? I know the phones have different internals, but REALLY there should be a huge chunk of common code base. If they can have the update pushed out to Poland, and awaiting carrier approval in the UK, what's taking so long to get the software ready for everyone else? Why do I get the feeling i'll see "Pending..." for Canada all the way into 2013?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Its probably because each carrier wants to add their stupid bloatware to the phone so they take longer...I hate that!
I dont see why one update can be used for ALL Galaxy S3s...its stupid that each carrier has their own separate update which will pretty much be the same for each phone

mssca

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm no rocket scientist, but just how different could the software be between the international and north american verisons? I know the phones have different internals, but REALLY there should be a huge chunk of common code base. If they can have the update pushed out to Poland, and awaiting carrier approval in the UK, what's taking so long to get the software ready for everyone else? Why do I get the feeling i'll see "Pending..." for Canada all the way into 2013?
There is a radio files and chip set difference. But these can be overcome by replacing hand full of files. The real reason behind the delay is that Samsung has to go through the approval process of service providers like Telus, Bell, Rogers, AT&T, etc, etc.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital