I've had my GS3 (AT&T version) for about a month now. While I prefer Stock Android (JBon the Nexus 7 is a revelation) TouchWiz is kind of growing on me even if a few things make me want to throw my phone (whoever changed the app folder implementation from stock to this should be fired).

The biggest complaints I have with the device though are with the SMS/MMS Messages App. Here are my issues:

1. Picture Slideshows - Whoever though this was a good idea again, needs to be fired. If I want a Slideshow I'll set it up on my own thank you. It even does this when 1 picture is sent. WHY?!?

2. Picture Quality - Pictures I'm sending and receiving via MMS are grainy and blurry. Is there a way to change the pic quality?

3. Group messaging - When I receive a text that was sent to 5 different people and they respond each one is put into a different conversation. Why isn't there some kind of group messaging options I can replay to numerous people at once and keep the conversation together? (I'm coming from an iPhone so it's possible that SMS doesn't do this, just iMessage I can't remember)

Are there any solutions to these problems?

Also ,the "Me" at the top of the contacts, how can I assign my already complete contact from the list into to that top spot? Or do i have to fill it all out on Google to get it on there?

This community is awesome. Thanks do much for all your assistance.
    09-07-2012 10:51 AM
    What's your problem with the app drawer? The horizontal scrolling or the apps being listed not alphabetically? If the later you can change that by going into the app drawer and pressing menu- view type.

As far as slide show on the stock mms app. Ya it sucks. Some people switch to a third party app like go sms or handsent

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-07-2012 11:00 AM
    With the 3rd party MMS managers like handsent, do I need to give people a new number or can they still send texts to me at my phone number?

The App Drawer itself isn't the issue. It's folders on the home screens. I just want to drag and drop not clear space for a folder, create it with a menu, then move my apps back. It's way too much work for something that is simple in Stock.
    09-07-2012 02:00 PM
    With the 3rd party MMS managers like handsent, do I need to give people a new number or can they still send texts to me at my phone number?

The App Drawer itself isn't the issue. It's folders on the home screens. I just want to drag and drop not clear space for a folder, create it with a menu, then move my apps back. It's way too much work for something that is simple in Stock.
    Ya the folders thing is dumb.

A third party texting app doesn't interfere with anything at all. It acts like it was always there. No need for number changing or anything. If you do download one (go sms is the most popular) make sure to turn off notifications in the stock app or you'll get annoying double notifications.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-07-2012 02:25 PM
    Samsung fixed folders in jelly bean to be the stock implementation. (I think the icon is a little different though)

I feel your pain with mms. I cannot stand the slideshow thing, and I can stand the third party options even less. I've gotten in the habit of sending the pictures and text as separate messages, which seems to fix the problem in a roundabout way.
    09-07-2012 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD