When I plug in a headset, I get a notification with YouTube access amongst other apps. Can I edit this list to include PocketCast? I couldn't see anything in the settings. Attachment 36649

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-07-2012 02:43 PM
    Nothing...?

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing...?
    09-10-2012 11:47 AM
    It's normally the responsibility of the app to 'register' with the OS for different capabilities that it supports/provides - it's not generally something that you can do manually, although there may be settings within the app that expose that. I don't use PocketCasts so I can't help you out there, but you could wing them an email and ask about adding that support - it's probably just a couple lines of code in the Manifest.

EDIT: I installed PocketCasts and Pocket and neither of them show up in the app list, which seems a bit strange since they do stream audio - an email to the developer, including a screenshot, makes the most sense to get that added.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-2012 01:12 PM
    Thanks. That's what I'll do. Just for reference, do you know of any apps that do show up?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-10-2012 01:49 PM
    Sorry, I don't know of any offhand - I don't listen to podcasts or RSS or any other stuff. It would probably take half-an-hour or so to download a handful from the Play Store and see if any of them support that feature. All you have to do is look at the 'USERS ALSO INSTALLED' or 'USERS ALSO VIEWED' area to find apps similar to PocketCasts. HTH.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-2012 02:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD