Hi all,

I'm currently saving up for an S3, and I just had a quick question. I'm buying the AT&T version off contract, and I was wondering would I be able to pop my microSIM from my One X (AT&T) to the S3, and vice versa? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    09-08-2012 03:18 PM
    Yes, phones with sim cards have that advantage over ones that don't.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
    MangoPowah likes this.
    09-08-2012 03:46 PM
    Yup any phone with a micro sim or a full size sim via adapter can be swapped with no extra action required.
    MangoPowah likes this.
    09-08-2012 04:13 PM
    Just wondering. The galaxy note 2 will probably be it by Christmas. You still want the s3?
    09-08-2012 04:28 PM
    Yeah. The Note 2's too big for my tastes. I'm also thinking of waiting for the S4, or a phone with an HD Super AMOLED Plus, but I'm not sure. I just love how there's so many awesome Androids, it's hard to choose.

09-08-2012 05:56 PM
    Oh. Haha I understand. Now that I think about it the Korean gs3 is basically the note without the battery. Lol
    09-10-2012 12:37 AM
    Just one more question. When my S3 comes in, can I just pop in the sim and carry on with life? Like, do I have to contact AT&T and go through a weird activation process or anything of the sort?

09-10-2012 05:43 PM
    Just one more question. When my S3 comes in, can I just pop in the sim and carry on with life? Like, do I have to contact AT&T and go through a weird activation process or anything of the sort?

As far as I know if you're not getting a new SIM card it should be fine. Pop in and go.
    MangoPowah likes this.
    09-10-2012 09:42 PM
    Yeah. The Note 2's too big for my tastes. I'm also thinking of waiting for the S4, or a phone with an HD Super AMOLED Plus, but I'm not sure. I just love how there's so many awesome Androids, it's hard to choose.

I know what you mean. My wife has the S3 and I've been reading up on all different android phones. Not sure I want to stay with touchwiz. Might go for something more vanilla when I make the android jump. (Or root)
    09-10-2012 09:44 PM
    Just keep in mind that you can have the GS3 AND have vanilla android if you want. There's flexibility with android.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-11-2012 03:12 AM
    Why not save up for the Nexus 4?
    It should be out by then.
    09-11-2012 03:26 AM
    What about the razr hd?
    09-11-2012 12:16 PM
    Not really a big fan of Motoblur. The Backflip left a bad taste in my mouth. And I'm not sure if a Nexus is for me.

Friend: Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Me: Nah, it's just my HTC One X.
    09-11-2012 02:38 PM
    ...I'm not sure if a Nexus is for me.
    A pure Android experience isn't for you?
    Um, ok...that's a first for me.

Either way, wait until the end of November / early December when new devices are out to make your choice.
    09-11-2012 06:11 PM
    I've heard good stories about stock Android, so a Nexus isn't completely out of the picture just yet.

Friend: Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Me: Nah, it's just my HTC One X.
    09-11-2012 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD