Getting an S3 for Christmas :)

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm currently saving up for an S3, and I just had a quick question. I'm buying the AT&T version off contract, and I was wondering would I be able to pop my microSIM from my One X (AT&T) to the S3, and vice versa? Thanks in advance! :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

534n

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
Yup any phone with a micro sim or a full size sim via adapter can be swapped with no extra action required.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. The Note 2's too big for my tastes. I'm also thinking of waiting for the S4, or a phone with an HD Super AMOLED Plus, but I'm not sure. I just love how there's so many awesome Androids, it's hard to choose. :D

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Just one more question. When my S3 comes in, can I just pop in the sim and carry on with life? Like, do I have to contact AT&T and go through a weird activation process or anything of the sort?

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Just one more question. When my S3 comes in, can I just pop in the sim and carry on with life? Like, do I have to contact AT&T and go through a weird activation process or anything of the sort?

As far as I know if you're not getting a new SIM card it should be fine. Pop in and go.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. The Note 2's too big for my tastes. I'm also thinking of waiting for the S4, or a phone with an HD Super AMOLED Plus, but I'm not sure. I just love how there's so many awesome Androids, it's hard to choose. :D

I know what you mean. My wife has the S3 and I've been reading up on all different android phones. Not sure I want to stay with touchwiz. Might go for something more vanilla when I make the android jump. (Or root)

Dreissig

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Just keep in mind that you can have the GS3 AND have vanilla android if you want. There's flexibility with android.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Not really a big fan of Motoblur. The Backflip left a bad taste in my mouth. And I'm not sure if a Nexus is for me.

Friend: Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Me: Nah, it's just my HTC One X.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I've heard good stories about stock Android, so a Nexus isn't completely out of the picture just yet. :D

Friend: Is that a banana in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?

Me: Nah, it's just my HTC One X.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance