Hey guys. Im new to the forum, I decided to make an account so that I can post on here. I have an issue with my Galaxy S3. From the looks of it, it seems that throughout the day as my inbox fills with text messages, my phone gets slower and slower. The messaging app begins to be less responsive, the shortcut from the menu to the messaging app becomes shaky. Transitions seem slow and the phone just over all slows down in performance. Then when I delete all of my texts, my phone seems to work as good as new. Anyone maybe have this issue, or some type of solution?

I also have another issue. Lets say I receive a text, I can swipe the text icon from the lock screen and the phone takes me directly to the unread message. But the transition to there is so choppy sometimes. For instance, I swipe the icon, my home screen shows(without the wallpaper loaded), then the message shows up.

Yes these problems seem to be minor but they are annoying when I paid for a premium smartphone. I am running stock everything btw. It just seems that all of my problems are centered around the messaging app.

Thanks for all the help, and i am happy to meet you all!
    09-08-2012 05:00 PM
    I am by no means an expert here, so I won't even try to offer advice, but if you don't get any joy here, might I recommend the Xda Forums? There are a lot of knowledgeable people there and your problem might exist on one of their forums.

Cheers!
    09-10-2012 05:59 AM
    ^What he said (also not an expert
    For the second problem, check out http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=199441 - you may find that helpful.

For the first problem - how many TMs are we talking about before it starts slowing down? Are you saying that you have to delete ALL of the threads before it gets back to normal? Are you using the stock messaging app?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    AbbyNormalRN likes this.
    09-10-2012 08:26 AM
    Thanks for your insights! Yes I am using a stock messaging app and have it set to only hold 200 texts per thread. So I dont think its too many before it starts slowing down.
    09-10-2012 02:06 PM
    Hmmm - well, for comparison purposes, I currently have ~20 threads open and I'd guess on average there are 10-15 TMs (including send & receive) in each thread. I haven't noticed any issues when scrolling through a particular thread, or when changing to a different thread. I use the stock app, and it's launched from the lower launch area rather than being a shortcut on a home page.
    Which version phone do you have - the International version with quad-core & 1GB RAM or the U.S. version with dual-core & 2GB RAM?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-2012 02:39 PM
    i have the US version, i might just be overreacting but it just doesnt feel smooth sometimes when it comes to using the lock screen shortcut to check an unread message to reading and replying to the message. even going back to the homescreen after sending the message usually results in my weather widget being re-drawn.
    09-10-2012 07:10 PM
    on older phones with low internal memory, i had that issue but it shouldnt be a problem on s3 mate.
    try clearing ram by long pressing home button and task manager when it happens but i dont imagine its a ram thing.
    il try deleting all my msgs to see if things speed up coz ive never deleted since gettin the phone 4month ago lol

global s3
    09-11-2012 09:13 AM
    Honestly if I was you I'd root and flash a jellybean ROM....Ull never experience speed issues again

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-11-2012 09:53 AM
    http://www.product-reviews.net/2012/...an-60mb-update

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-11-2012 10:05 AM
    Hey guys. Im new to the forum, I decided to make an account so that I can post on here. I have an issue with my Galaxy S3. From the looks of it, it seems that throughout the day as my inbox fills with text messages, my phone gets slower and slower. The messaging app begins to be less responsive, the shortcut from the menu to the messaging app becomes shaky. Transitions seem slow and the phone just over all slows down in performance. Then when I delete all of my texts, my phone seems to work as good as new. Anyone maybe have this issue, or some type of solution?

I also have another issue. Lets say I receive a text, I can swipe the text icon from the lock screen and the phone takes me directly to the unread message. But the transition to there is so choppy sometimes. For instance, I swipe the icon, my home screen shows(without the wallpaper loaded), then the message shows up.

Yes these problems seem to be minor but they are annoying when I paid for a premium smartphone. I am running stock everything btw. It just seems that all of my problems are centered around the messaging app.

Thanks for all the help, and i am happy to meet you all!
    i just deleted my whole sms history and so-far havent noticed a difference but i'll browse and multitask for about an hour and see if i still get the dreaded 2second re-draw when i return to home... just hope i havent deleted anythin important lol

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-11-2012 11:35 AM
    I had the same issue of painfully slow re draw of home screens, app drawer etc. I tried everything with no luck. Last night out of desperation I changed animation and transition setting to 0 again and this time it seems to have solved it. Don't think mine was related to texts as I haven't touched them and I'm using the JB text app.

Good luck, I feel your pain.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-11-2012 03:51 PM
    roll on JB

09-11-2012 05:21 PM
    thanks for all the help guys. yea im thinking just dealing with this minor issue until JB comes out, and see if anything improves!!
    09-12-2012 12:18 AM
    I had the same issue of painfully slow re draw of home screens, app drawer etc. I tried everything with no luck. Last night out of desperation I changed animation and transition setting to 0 again and this time it seems to have solved it. Don't think mine was related to texts as I haven't touched them and I'm using the JB text app.
    Spoke too soon, the lag is back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 01:41 PM
    yea it seems like my problems arent going away..even the basic clock that is stock has a slight redraw about 10% of the time. and when switching between text messages, there is a slight screen flash. just these basic issues that dont make the phone as stable as i want it to. i paid for a premium phone so i would not deal with these issues . do you guys suggest i root and rom (had a bad experience romming a phone before), or take it to tmobile, and have them send it to samsung. so unfortunate that my phone is acting like this, but i feel like this problem has to be resolved given that i paid $200 for the phone. what do you guys think?

- - - Updated - - -

and agian maybe im being picky and noticing these small issues, but it seems like no one is having these problems unless i have a nack of noticing things haha
    09-13-2012 08:48 PM
    ive noticed that closing apps slows down my phone, Quadrant even "proves" it. it seems to prefer being low on ram but using a good app cache cleaner app seems to speed it up... strange but (for me) true...

09-13-2012 09:48 PM
    I hate to get involved in these discussions because what is just fine to me may be interpreted as very very slow to someone else but your description does not sound normal.
    How long have you had the phone? If under 30 days then take it back to the carrier, demonstrate the problem and request a new phone. It would be nice if every phone had the same level of build quality but since these things are mass produced they sometimes have flaws slip through.

Mike
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-13-2012 09:58 PM
    A guy at work had that issue. I showed him how to turn off the power savings settings and it cleared it up for him. When the battery gets lower, that CPU throttling seems to go over board.

I'm working on my procrastination issues, you just wait and see!
    09-13-2012 10:13 PM
    A guy at work had that issue. I showed him how to turn off the power savings settings and it cleared it up for him. When the battery gets lower, that CPU throttling seems to go over board.

I'm working on my procrastination issues, you just wait and see!
    yeah does anyone know what speed it clocks your cpu to? wish it was adjustable

09-13-2012 10:29 PM
    downloaded Go SMS, and my phone is working completely fine. absolutely no issues anymore. it seems that the stock messaging app is crap, at least on my device. i wish i can just use the stock app personally, but the quality is holding my phone back. hopefully JB will fix this issue in which i can go back to the stock app.
    09-20-2012 02:58 PM
    downloaded Go SMS, and my phone is working completely fine. absolutely no issues anymore. it seems that the stock messaging app is crap, at least on my device. i wish i can just use the stock app personally, but the quality is holding my phone back. hopefully JB will fix this issue in which i can go back to the stock app.
    remember not to disable the stock app or Go Sms wont work

09-20-2012 05:32 PM
    when i go back to home page my icons take a few seconds to show up....is this the new software?
    if i want to make a call also and click the phone icon it comes up blank first then it shows the dial pad or previous call logs. i would like it to be instant

- - - Updated - - -

when i go back to home page my icons take a few seconds to show up....is this the new software?
    if i want to make a call also and click the phone icon it comes up blank first then it shows the dial pad or previous call logs. i would like it to be instant
    02-26-2013 11:41 AM
    What new software are you referring to? Are you using the stock launcher, or a 3rd party (Apex, etc.) launcher? What apps do you have loaded that might be running in the background?

In general, no, it shouldn't take that long, but if your phone is doing a lot of background processing it could certainly slow things down.
    02-26-2013 01:19 PM
    This forum proved to be of some help for myself, check it out!!!

Speed up your Galaxy S3 in 2 easy steps - xda-developers
    06-19-2013 10:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD