Coming back to the S III!

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So you guys may remember that I purchased a S III back in July. I ended up getting cold feet and switching back to my iPhone 4S though. Well a friend of mine recently got the S III and I got to playing with it again and I realized just how much I missed it. So I just found an AMAZING deal on eBay for a practically brand new S III that I could not refuse, and will be rejoining the S III family! I was waiting for the iPhone 5 announcement to make my decision, but even with a 4-inch screen and LTE it's still not the better phone.

One question though, what's the best way to sync my iTunes to it via my MacBook?

scottsglock17

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So you guys may remember that I purchased a S III back in July. I ended up getting cold feet and switching back to my iPhone 4S though. Well a friend of mine recently got the S III and I got to playing with it again and I realized just how much I missed it. So I just found an AMAZING deal on eBay for a practically brand new S III that I could not refuse, and will be rejoining the S III family! I was waiting for the iPhone 5 announcement to make my decision, but even with a 4-inch screen and LTE it's still not the better phone.

One question though, what's the best way to sync my iTunes to it via my MacBook?

I used Android File Transfer. You just drag and drop the songs, videos, pictures, etc. from iTunes to your S3. It worked great for me.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site

Why do you think that it will not be a better phone? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dobermans rule

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

I use DoubleTwist. Download it for MAC via internet and download it for you phone via the Google Play Store... Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

joshwithachance

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It'll have worse battery life, an odd screen resolution, half the RAM, a lower clock speed than the S III, and the OS remains basically unchanged yet again. Also, I'm not a fan of the headphone port now being located at the bottom.

- - - Updated - - -

I use DoubleTwist. Download it for MAC via internet and download it for you phone via the Google Play Store... Hope this helps.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums

Are you referencing AirSync? Because if I remember correctly DoubleTwist doesn't support MTP, right?

anon(692098)

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
It'll have worse battery life, an odd screen resolution, half the RAM, a lower clock speed than the S III, and the OS remains basically unchanged yet again. Also, I'm not a fan of the headphone port now being located at the bottom.

Actually when you think about it the headphone port at the bottom really does make sense. If your listening to music on your phone and you put it in your pocket when you pull your phone out you have to re-orient it so you can read it. Unless you actually put the headphone jack with cord pointing down in your pocket which IMO would be really weird, having the jack on the bottom works because now when you pull the phone out to check something it's oriented properly.

As for syncing iTunes I like iSyncr. Works very well, put your music into a playlist and sync it. No drag 'n drop, no directories, just open iSyncr it finds your iTunes playlists and syncs. Also it has resume from when you left off so if your filling an SD card and need to leave it will pick the sync back up from where you left it. I think it was $3 but worth it.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Actually when you think about it the headphone port at the bottom really does make sense. If your listening to music on your phone and you put it in your pocket when you pull your phone out you have to re-orient it so you can read it. Unless you actually put the headphone jack with cord pointing down in your pocket which IMO would be really weird, having the jack on the bottom works because now when you pull the phone out to check something it's oriented properly.

What about in your car when you place it in the cup holder vertically face up when you're playing music like I do? That would be more a hassle re-orientating it since you would have to pick it up while you're driving IMHO. I don't know where you're from but we get BIG violation tickets for having a phone in your hand while driving! There are pros and cons to both sides.

ike1973

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back to a world without itunes Josh!

It's now 2012 and crapple still requires a separate piece of (crappy) software to get anything on to the phone. Why oh why is itunes still required? That's the iphones biggest downfall IMO. Well that and the small screen.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Welcome back to a world without itunes Josh!

It's now 2012 and crapple still requires a separate piece of (crappy) software to get anything on to the phone. Why oh why is itunes still required? That's the iphones biggest downfall IMO. Well that and the small screen.

I don't know what you mean when you say Apple requires a separate software to get content onto the iPhone. I don't have iTunes installed on any computer and I get content content on my phone just fine. iTunes on the iPhone is no different from the Google Play store. But maybe I'm misreading your comment.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I also use iSyncr with wifi. I have mine set to sync automatically at 2:00 am every night. It syncs my selected playlists, plus any music I have purchased on the phone is sent back to my Mac. It also updates play counts. IMO this is a much better solution than the drag and drop method if you continue to purchase new music that you want in both places. If your music directory is static, then the drag and drop method would be fine.

ike1973

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know what you mean when you say Apple requires a separate software to get content onto the iPhone. I don't have iTunes installed on any computer and I get content content on my phone just fine. iTunes on the iPhone is no different from the Google Play store. But maybe I'm misreading your comment.

So how do you get content from a computer to your phone without itunes? Or from your phone to a computer. I though you were forced to use itunes? And itunes is nothing like google play. I don't have to import my music into google play and then from there transfer it to my phone. I just drag and drop with windows explorer.

Donoghan

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you referencing AirSync? Because if I remember correctly DoubleTwist doesn't support MTP, right?

I don't think it has to. MTP would mean it is plugged in via usb, correct? With DoubleTwist and AirSync it does it over wifi. I think that method costs $10 versus the free ability to use it via USB.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site

As for syncing iTunes I like iSyncr. Works very well, put your music into a playlist and sync it. No drag 'n drop, no directories, just open iSyncr it finds your iTunes playlists and syncs. Also it has resume from when you left off so if your filling an SD card and need to leave it will pick the sync back up from where you left it. I think it was $3 but worth it.

I have a GNexus too headphone jack is at the bottom.... I hate that.. It's Weird

Sent from my GS3....

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site

I also use iSyncr with wifi. I have mine set to sync automatically at 2:00 am every night. It syncs my selected playlists, plus any music I have purchased on the phone is sent back to my Mac. It also updates play counts. IMO this is a much better solution than the drag and drop method if you continue to purchase new music that you want in both places. If your music directory is static, then the drag and drop method would be fine.

Ditto with iSyncr with WiFi. Everything other than protected files.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to use Google Music for my iTunes music needs and AirDroid to wirelessly sync everything else :D

I was about to suggest that to you. Since no one else did which is surprising because in my opinion is the easiest way. Lol.

I use Windows media player on my computer for my music (which I haven't updated in years). So I synced all my old music from there. My cousin has the same taste in music as me so I also set up my Google music on his account. So whatever he gets I get :D works like a charm. Fast too. Plus you don't have to keep all the music on your phone.

Another tip, if you open up a song you downloaded straight to your phone with Google music you can also save it straight there. Pretty cool

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan