Why is it that when I use opera browser the option for the (.com) on the keyboard comes up, when I use the default browser the keyboard does not show up? I want the (.com) to show up. Answer please... Yeah I could ask SwiftKey but I like this option better.
    Attached Thumbnails SwiftKey keyboard option?-uploadfromtaptalk1347250092795.jpg   SwiftKey keyboard option?-uploadfromtaptalk1347250108112.jpg  
    09-10-2012 12:08 AM
    That is one of the few complaints that I have as well.

The keyboard should function the same whether you are using a texting, email or web browser app. I understand not showing predictions when typing inside a password box, but predictions should always be available in every other box.

I am appreciative of what the SwiftKey developers have been able to do, and this is just a minor gripe for me.

Now, more themes please?
    09-10-2012 01:48 PM
    The short answer is that you should use the Opera browser since that provides the capability that you're looking for.

FWIW, I tried Chrome, Dolphin and FireFox and they all provided the same capability that you're looking for; X-Scope did not. However, my default browser (aka 'Internet' in the Apps list) DID work that way, unlike what you listed. Perhaps you have a different browser on your carrier's phone?

The long answer is that it depends on how the developer coded the app - each field can be registered to provide certain capabilities and the various 3rd party applications can take advantage of that feature if they support it. That's why the 'password' field typically doesn't use prediction, for example; or the 'username' field is set to pre-populate information that you use often.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-2012 03:13 PM
    Just talk with swiftkey. Their support is very friendly.. It can easily be an overlook. As the post above stated in all the other browsers it works... Just not in default. For a programmer that's one of those "Oops! We missed that" moments.

I can almost guarantee that they didn't mean to purposely leave it out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    jcp007 likes this.
    09-11-2012 06:56 AM