I'm new to Android from an iphone and loving it! I do have a question though. I've had a Samsung Galaxy S3 for a couple of weeks now and I'm having an issue with pictures image viewing. When I scroll through the pictures I've taken both on the camera app and in the gallery I get lines going through the photos. Sometimes they are horizontal and sometimes vertical. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all. The image will sometimes flash and then the lines appear. I was able to capture some in screen shots and if I can figure out how to post them, I will. Has anyone had this happen and is there a fix? I had an HTC One X first and exchanged it to Costco for the Samsung due to calls not coming through. Had the same issue with Samsung and found out it was my service with AT&T which has since been fixed. So far, I like the Galaxy, but the image review is bothering me.
    09-10-2012 11:09 AM
    A picture IS worth a thousand words so a screenshot will be very helpful. If you're using the Tapatalk app it's pretty straightforward to attach screenshots (select the camera button; choose the app that you want to select from; select the image [you can only do one at a time]; then choose if you want it hosted in the forum or Tapatalk).
    I took a quick look through my pictures using the stock Gallery app and the only vertical/horizontal lines that were evident were from the grid view - none of the pictures themselves had any lines shown.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-10-2012 12:04 PM
    I'm going to try and do this from my computer. If they don't show up, I'll do it another way. Thanks!

09-10-2012 12:19 PM
    You only get that in the gallery?

Looks almost like a screen issue, but if it's only in the gallery I don't know.
    09-10-2012 02:05 PM
    I actually get it in the gallery and in the camera app when scrolling through the pictures. It's very intermittent though.
    09-10-2012 02:28 PM
    Hmmm - do you have any photo editing applications installed? In one of the screenshots that you posted, in the top toolbar there's an icon that I don't recognize (the one with the blue and pink dots, between the 'Share' icon and the 'Slideshow' icon). Interestingly, the vertical lines don't extend down into the slider - they're only in the picture itself.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk 2
    09-10-2012 03:48 PM
    That is Flickr, but I don't have any photo editing apps. I've had Flickr since the first day, but maybe I should uninstall it? The problem with my screen just happened a day or so ago. Hmmm...
    09-10-2012 09:23 PM
    Install QuickPic from the Play Store and let us know if you still have these lines when browsing with that.

The camera app has the line's while shooting photos or just previewing them?
    Have you aso tried a factory restore already?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-11-2012 02:16 AM
    I came here looking for a solution to the exact same problem. I have had the problem since day one. It looks just like the OP pics on my phone too. I haven't installed any photo apps. Does the same line thing to my photos when I view them with the stock Gallery app.

It ONLY does this with photos, so I figured it wasn't a hardware issue, rather a software issue.
    I'm wondering if I bought a lemon and should exchange for a new S3....?
    10-05-2012 07:56 PM
    I've got the same problem . My galaxy S3 is 6 months old. And I have these lines for two weeks now. It's not just the pictures though I have them on the screen as well. Some times the screen goes all funny. Like the colors are mixing up.
    11-22-2012 03:14 PM
    I've got the same problem . My galaxy S3 is 6 months old. And I have these lines for two weeks now. It's not just the pictures though I have them on the screen as well. Some times the screen goes all funny. Like the colors are mixing up.
    Id reset that mate and return it if reset doesnt work.

To the dudes with the other problem, did you take JAJ's advice and try Quickpic so we know if its a gallery or camera problem.
    Ps, when you send the pics to someone (bluetooth,mms etc) do they get the lines?

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    11-24-2012 08:59 AM
    Install QuickPic from the Play Store and let us know if you still have these lines when browsing with that.

The camera app has the line's while shooting photos or just previewing them?
    Have you aso tried a factory restore already?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    Sometimes i wonder if people just get a solution that works and leave without thanking or updating that it worked for other peoples benefit :banghead:

Unbranded international s3 with Official JB. Paisley, Slotland, Western Europe :beer:
    11-24-2012 09:02 AM
    I have a very similar problem that started about 3 days ago. My pictures started appearing with some pink lines over them.
    It just happens using camera apps. I tried three of them and happens with them all. The pink lines show up both on the screen and in the pictures, but just using camera apps.
    Here are two examples:

My Galaxy S3 is about 1 year old and it never hit the floor.

UPDATE:
    Happens with video too. Both in the phone's screen and the video file.
    07-29-2013 12:29 PM
    alexvf,
    If this appears in pictures when you share them or view them on a different device, and you've tried alternate camera apps, then my only suggestion would be a Factory Reset. Be sure that you make a backup using Kies or some other solution.
    Obviously if the problem persists after the reset then you have a hardware problem (or something in the core OS is jacked up - you could try reloading the current firmware from Kies).

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    07-29-2013 02:03 PM
    Obviously if the problem persists after the reset then you have a hardware problem (...)
    I think it may really be a hardware problem.
    When you mentioned "hardware" I remembered that I hadn't tried the front camera. I did now and I have no pink lines. All seems fine using the front camera.
    So the problem must be with the rear camera.

I am going to send to Samsung. I still have the warranty.

Thanks for the tips.
    Cheers.
    07-29-2013 03:30 PM