Iphone will boost the gdp by. 25 to 1%

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You forgot to add 'because I don't like apple, not based on any knowledge I have of what they're talking about'.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

What? Maybe you are trying to be humorous? If not, you missed the point.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the iPhone 5 looks ugly? Its basically a stretched out version of the 4S with metal on the back (I would also like to point out that if its the same metal as on the MBPs that there will be a lot of people complaining of scratches on the back because this stuff scratches just touching it!)

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the iPhone 5 looks ugly? Its basically a stretched out version of the 4S with metal on the back (I would also like to point out that if its the same metal as on the MBPs that there will be a lot of people complaining of scratches on the back because this stuff scratches just touching it!)

That is exactly what it is...so if you like the look of the 4 and 4S the 5 looks okay to.

I have no issue with the look though I feel though should have went with a 4.3" screen making it wider. The issue is the phone is nothing special, it does not even meet the specs of the One X / SIII so unlike Apple leading the market spec and feature wise they are now trailing

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
That is exactly what it is...so if you like the look of the 4 and 4S the 5 looks okay to.

I have no issue with the look though I feel though should have went with a 4.3" screen making it wider. The issue is the phone is nothing special, it does not even meet the specs of the One X / SIII so unlike Apple leading the market spec and feature wise they are now trailing

The reason why did made the screen taller is because they don't want to cause fragmentation. Apple brags about how everything works together and dogs on android for being "fragmented" If they were to release it with a 4.3 inch screen, the size of the icons and screen resolution would be totally #$$#. In the end I give Apple credit for not making themselves look like hypocrites, but they really did limit themselves in the future.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Umm so ok, the 4s sold 30 mil in a year after it was ONLY an update model.....does anyone do math here? They sold just under 8 mil a quarter when it was just a tread water stop gap phone.

Math doesn't lie.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Apple was trailing last year with the 4S and this year they made it apparent that their new push is towards litigation, not innovation and next year with iPhone 5S it will just become more and more apparent. Heck, I've already noticed that this year the media and even my news feed on Facebook is a lot quieter and theres no more people screaming about how happy they are about the iPhone because the media and people all over are now starting to see that Apple is no longer the innovator in the mobile world and that other devices and even entire OSs are much more innovative and powerful.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The reason why did made the screen taller is because they don't want to cause fragmentation. Apple brags about how everything works together and dogs on android for being "fragmented" If they were to release it with a 4.3 inch screen, the size of the icons and screen resolution would be totally #$$#. In the end I give Apple credit for not making themselves look like hypocrites, but they really did limit themselves in the future.

The size of the screen doesn't matter. It's the resolution that actually does.

iOS developers now have to support three resolutions but that's still way less than Android developers have to support.

Umm so ok, the 4s sold 30 mil in a year after it was ONLY an update model.....does anyone do math here? They sold just under 8 mil a quarter when it was just a tread water stop gap phone.

Math doesn't lie.

Winner winner. Chicken dinner.

Oh wait. Those people who bought it must be dumb for buying such "old" hardware.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Everyone thinks I phones are so great and such top sellers... Ummm the 4S has been out for a year and only sold 30 million units and the SGS3 has been out for just over 3 months and they've already shipped over 43 million units!

lol..I like my S3..but where do you get your information? It was only a week ago that it was announced that the S3 sold 20Million.. there's no way another 20 million sold in a week. If you mean shipped out then your making a unfair comparison while you used sold on 4S and shipped out on the S3

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Apple was trailing last year with the 4S and this year they made it apparent that their new push is towards litigation, not innovation and next year with iPhone 5S it will just become more and more apparent. Heck, I've already noticed that this year the media and even my news feed on Facebook is a lot quieter and theres no more people screaming about how happy they are about the iPhone because the media and people all over are now starting to see that Apple is no longer the innovator in the mobile world and that other devices and even entire OSs are much more innovative and powerful.

Ive noticed the same thing. Some sites were even setting lowered expectations like 'the iPhone is a mature product now so doesn't need drastic improvements'

I would love if the iPhone kills off the media's obsession with the iPhone like it's the second coming of Christ...or at least have them start treating it like just another phone.

Not that I'm going to hold my breath for that. It's a vicious cycle that the hype drives demand that drives hype and so on.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
lol..I like my S3..but where do you get your information? It was only a week ago that it was announced that the S3 sold 20Million.. there's no way another 20 million sold in a week. If you mean shipped out then your making a unfair comparison while you used sold on 4S and shipped out on the S3

Seriously.

Samsung Sells 20M+ Galaxy S IIIs In 100 Days: A Benchmark Or A Red Herring For Apple, Nokia, Amazon? | TechCrunch

Champion1229 should really try and cite sources.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
The spec war is over. We're back at the point where overall experience matters more.

There was not an IP5 or a 920 available to judge overall user experience. So your response lacks credibility.

Methinks you are a proven iApologist.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
There was not an IP5 or a 920 available to judge overall user experience. So your response lacks credibility.

I'm not the only one saying it. The mobile spec war is over. It's as plain as day. All of the major handsets being released now have reached a sort of spec-parity, with very little in the way of hardware specs to differentiate between them. Now it turns into a war of ecosystems and user experience.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I agree with this part of your statement LoL

Nice. You agree with my sarcasm.

Fact: Project Butter in Jelly Bean exists simply because even with killer specs, the user experience in Android device with ICS or earlier just wasn't as smooth as the competition.

No one cares how many megapixels a phone camera has. They just want it to take great photos. Dual-core or quad-core? Irrelevant right now. Especially in the US.

The spec war is over.

rexxman

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the only one saying it. The mobile spec war is over. It's as plain as day. All of the major handsets being released now have reached a sort of spec-parity, with very little in the way of hardware specs to differentiate between them. Now it turns into a war of ecosystems and user experience.

Are you for real?

My comment wasn't about specs. It was about the user experience. And about a review of three devices SPECS in which two of the devices were physically ABSENT. Do you get it? You can't, and the referenced article's authors can't, assess the user experience on an absent device. Even they admitted that.

And the mobile spec war is over? Your joking, right? If you believe that, you must be an Apple hardware designer that is blinded by your company's marketing hype.

You are so eager to counter that you forget to think. Please engage brain before responding.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech