Jelly Bean Confirmed for October!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Keeping my fingers crossed that by Thanksgiving AT&T will push out JB.

Sent From My Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Tablet

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aparently someone in germany got it yesterday :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's funny how people are so excited about Jellybean... yet I don't think it will make a huge difference to the SGS3. Well... maybe with the exception of the addition of "Google Now".

gecko1984

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
It's funny how people are so excited about Jellybean... yet I don't think it will make a huge difference to the SGS3. Well... maybe with the exception of the addition of "Google Now".

I agree. I'm still hoping Google Now will replace S Voice completely, but I fear far more that over time Samsung will want to integrate Now into S Voice.
What reason is there for a user to open S Voice if Google Now is so much more advanced? As a manufacturer who presented his gadget with S Voice as a key feature I think Samsung would try to keep the key features omnipresent.

Imagine we would get Google Now under an S Voice skin...

Apart from that : Hooray for jelly beans!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I'm still hoping Google Now will replace S Voice completely, but I fear far more that over time Samsung will want to integrate Now into S Voice.
What reason is there for a user to open S Voice if Google Now is so much more advanced? As a manufacturer who presented his gadget with S Voice as a key feature I think Samsung would try to keep the key features omnipresent.

as far as i know google now and s-voice are included as separate enteties.
im lookin forward to my phone (google) learning my every move and the expandable notifications, maybe we'l feel a touch of butter too. im sick of the lag returning to homescreen

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd hoped this update will come in September to take the shine off iPhone 5 launch

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I hope it's a little earlier to im looking forward to the new notification and project butter as well.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Dhendy91

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site

Trust me as someone running the jb leak Google now us a thousand times better than s voice you Don't want them being associated ever.....

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

gecko1984

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
Trust me as someone running the jb leak Google now us a thousand times better than s voice you Don't want them being associated ever.....

I assumed it were that much better and the association of both is my actual fear. On the other hand, if Samsung is feeling competitive, they may try to get S Voice leveled up to Google Now's quality, making it a true competitor. Nonetheless I don't believe that will be the case in the near future. Maybe later on, if those rumours about Sammy developing their own software will become reality.

as far as i know google now and s-voice are included as separate enteties.
im lookin forward to my phone (google) learning my every move and the expandable notifications, maybe we'l feel a touch of butter too. im sick of the lag returning to homescreen

I haven't had much lag on mine recently. I actually have upped my phone's animation scales, rather than lowering it to make it look faster. Somehow the slower animations don't bother me, especially as they hide the "loading" homescreen.. But that is my personal choice ;-)

I'd hoped this update will come in September to take the shine off iPhone 5 launch

Living in one of Europe's smallest countries means for me there won't be any iphone 5 until late October, so at least here JB will get all the shine it deserves ;-)

Sent from my stock GT - I9300 from Luxembourg, Europe using Android Central Forums

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by Dhendy91<br />
Trust me as someone running the jb leak Google now us a thousand times better than s voice you Don't want them being associated ever..... <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I assumed it were that much better and the association of both is my actual fear. On the other hand, if Samsung is feeling competitive, they may try to get S Voice leveled up to Google Now's quality, making it a true competitor. Nonetheless I don't believe that will be the case in the near future. Maybe later on, if those rumours about Sammy developing their own software will become reality. <br />
<br />
Originally Posted by funkylogik<br />
as far as i know google now and s-voice are included as separate enteties.<br />
im lookin forward to my phone (google) learning my every move and the expandable notifications, maybe we'l feel a touch of butter too. im sick of the lag returning to homescreen<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
I haven't had much lag on mine recently. I actually have upped my phone's animation scales, rather than lowering it to make it look faster. Somehow the slower animations don't bother me, especially as they hide the "loading" homescreen.. But that is my personal choice ;-) <br />
<br />
Originally Posted by walcolm<br />
I'd hoped this update will come in September to take the shine off iPhone 5 launch<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Living in one of Europe's smallest countries means for me there won't be any iphone 5 until late October, so at least here JB will get all the shine it deserves ;-) <br />
<br />
<br />
Sent from my stock GT - I9300 from Luxembourg, Europe using Android Central Forums
I agree the slower animation's does feel and look better real smooth, but lower is just so fast

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I assumed it were that much better and the association of both is my actual fear. On the other hand, if Samsung is feeling competitive, they may try to get S Voice leveled up to Google Now's quality, making it a true competitor. Nonetheless I don't believe that will be the case in the near future. Maybe later on, if those rumours about Sammy developing their own software will become reality.

I haven't had much lag on mine recently. I actually have upped my phone's animation scales, rather than lowering it to make it look faster. Somehow the slower animations don't bother me, especially as they hide the "loading" homescreen.. But that is my personal choice ;-)

Living in one of Europe's smallest countries means for me there won't be any iphone 5 until late October, so at least here JB will get all the shine it deserves ;-)

whats the native language in Luxembourg mate? whats the population?

brkaras

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Jelly Bean is suppose to be compatible with Google Wallet I heard

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

gecko1984

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
whats the native language in Luxembourg mate? whats the population?

Our native language is luxembourgish, which has its origins as a regional dialect. We're highly influenced by our surrounding countries :Germany, France and Belgium. We actually have three administrative languages which are luxembourgish, german and french.

Population is roughly over 500.000 and our surface is barely 1000 square miles.

Thanks for showing interest!
en.www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxembourg

In addition : it's been announced that Luxembourg will get iPhone 5 on September 28

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks man. wow i thought scotland was small lol :)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
im just gona stop reading rumours lol sick of bein disapointed :/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1