09-15-2012 12:50 PM
80 1234
tools
    I was in 6th Period tech class today during the announcement and I was reading the live blog from Engadget as it was being written with a friend of mine who is the definition of an iSheep. I kid you not right before we started reading the blog he was complaining that a 4 inch display was too big but when the thing was over he was jumping up and down because it had a bigger screen.....like WTF! As we were watching both me and another one of my friends were bored to death because there was nothing new and innovative but yet my iSheep friend and a few others in class that were watching the live stream were literally jumping up and down in their chairs!

It will never cease to amaze me how stupid some people can be and how creative marketing can sell a device, imagine if the SGS3 had the same level of marketing, a perfect phone with a perfect sales pitch would be great but instead the iPhone is a horrible phone with great marketing and it will go down as a wild success even tho it offers nothing new.
    09-12-2012 07:39 PM
    Their flagship isn't even enough to ding HTC or Samsung. The keynote is just making me feel good about being an Android owner.

Sent from my HTC One X
    the1m.polo and Syrous44 like this.
    09-12-2012 07:53 PM
    At this point the biggest reason many want/have the iPhone is what they consider a 'status' symbol, and that is why many will get the 5, but the bloom is off the rose and more people are figuring it out. If Apple isn't careful they will be the next BlackBerry.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    09-12-2012 07:58 PM
    Oh they're well on their way now already. That was pretty disappointing but predictable.
    09-12-2012 08:05 PM
    I remember when Steve Jobs said that a 3.5" screen was the "perfect" size for a phone.... I guess the iphone 5 isn't "perfect" anymore

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    ectoren likes this.
    09-12-2012 10:10 PM
    It's all marketing... Worst thing is that vid on apple site where the guy says completely redesigned... Seriously ?
    MangoPowah likes this.
    09-12-2012 10:24 PM
    If I wanted an iPhone 5 I would download an iPhone theme on my galaxy s3. Screw you Apple. May your phone rot in hell
    met.watts likes this.
    09-13-2012 12:11 AM
    YES!!! I can't wait to get my hands on the iPhone 5!!!! I've always wanted a phone with a 4in screen and LTE...oh wait
    Tkbredx and Syrous44 like this.
    09-13-2012 12:32 AM
    Of course most of us remember this guy,it mainly needs updating to say iphone5 instead of iphone4

tony477g and TauSigmaNova like this.
    09-13-2012 05:07 AM
    My wife, kids & grand kids wants me to get an iPhone so I could help them in learning how to use it.
    Ihave been waiting for the iPhone 5 release before deciding to get the galaxy 3. The iPhone is a big disappointment so I am going to the galaxy 3. Apple definitely blew it.
    jcp007 likes this.
    09-13-2012 05:47 AM
    I feel that Apple has only managed to catch up to the S3, One X, etc with the iPhone5. I'm sure the camera kicks butt and the UX is buttery smooth as ever, but there is nothing here that is light years ahead of the competitors. What really annoys me are the people who don't know any better and will gobble up the 5 as the best thing since sliced bread.

Apple's problems really only start here. Right now, they are on par with the competition, but Samsung, HTC, and others will continue to innovate and release new hardware over the next year. Apple typically releases once a year. By this time next year, the 5 might be so far behind the competition that catching up is hard enough - nevermind surpassing. That's my hope anyway
    09-13-2012 06:08 AM
    I'm watching the news this morning and reporters and journalists are saying its the best, most innovative iphone Apple has released and a must have! The kool-aide is still strong! lol!
    09-13-2012 06:49 AM
    Of course most of us remember this guy,it mainly needs updating to say iphone5 instead of iphone4

Oh man that never gets old. Hope he makes another one lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-13-2012 07:15 AM
    I'm watching the news this morning and reporters and journalists are saying its the best, most innovative iphone Apple has released and a must have! The kool-aide is still strong! lol!
    lol Sooo true!!! I have a few friends and family members who are in love deep with Apple stuff and must have the new iphone..after a while its gets played out,I personally could careless about the iphone I don't see the appeal at all but its sooooooo annoying its like everyone wants to have a make out session with this new phone lol
    09-13-2012 07:20 AM
    Love my Galaxy S3. Only thing I'm envious of in the iPhone 5 is Passbook. Global integration of ticketing, boarding passes, etc. seems to be moving very quickly.
    gecko1984 likes this.
    09-13-2012 08:09 AM
    I was rather expecting something 'more'. Not sure what exactly, maybe a surprise of sorts. Weird...
    09-13-2012 08:12 AM
    I'll say I was disappointed with apple. With the companies previous phones there was always something kinda cool. I'll admit before I had Android I wanted a I-phone but after my first Android phone (Droid Eris) I never wanted one again because of the OS. But I was hoping that apple would put some thing out that was a jump in some way just to spur on competition. But hey at least they caught up to my Dinc2...well kinda.
    09-13-2012 08:20 AM
    Check out these lemmings LOL

!
    09-13-2012 08:42 AM
    I was expecting more from the iPhone 5 also. I will be sticking with the S3
    09-13-2012 09:06 AM
    Of course. If they stuck the apple logo on a brick. They would sell millions
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-20...ipad-its-fake/
    D.Sandman and ectoren like this.
    09-13-2012 09:21 AM
    There are 2 ways of Marketing .

1. Research the market and customers and then fulfil their needs.

2. Just make something and convince the "numpties" it is what they want.

Samsung, HTC etc go down route 1. ...Apple is firmly in the route 2. camp, and if anything they must be complemented on their superb brainwashing of the general man in the street ,the non technical customer.
    09-13-2012 09:30 AM
    There are 2 ways of Marketing .

1. Research the market and customers and then fulfil their needs.

2. Just make something and convince the "numpties" it is what they want.

Samsung, HTC etc go down route 1. ...Apple is firmly in the route 2. camp, and if anything they must be complemented on their superb brainwashing of the general man in the street ,the non technical customer.
    Absolutely! Its all marketing really. Like the people who think Bose is the best Audio and Beats is the best headsets money can buy. If the majority of people did a little research, they would see other alternatives rather than just one side. I must say that lately a lot of people have been waking up and realizing how Apples eco-system is restrictive. Apple will always have a place for the person who is too busy to learn anything about their device and/or not technically inclined.
    09-13-2012 09:50 AM
    I wonder what SIRI thinks about this?
    She didn't understand the question. :P

Also I'm not at all disappointed about the iPhone5...cause this is exactly what I expected. A load of hyped-up talk, and fake excitement in order to cover up the fact that the "innovation overload" that's going into their new phone is we've all seen before in better phones that are already out.
    09-13-2012 10:00 AM
    Absolutely! Its all marketing really. Like the people who think Bose is the best Audio and Beats is the best headsets money can buy. If the majority of people did a little research, they would see other alternatives rather than just one side. I must say that lately a lot of people have been waking up and realizing how Apples eco-system is restrictive. Apple will always have a place for the person who is too busy to learn anything about their device and/or not technically inclined.
    Very true, and that is the point. If companies do not try to change eventually the customers figure it out. How many people do you see saying the 5 is a let down and are looking at other options. The difference is people are starting to become more educated in regards to phones and are seeing that Apple is no longer the leader in all categories like they once were.

They need to be careful as those faithful buyers wont stick around forever unless the products continue to be top of class...I think the iphone 5 has taken a step backwards in that regard and in 6 months people will be wondering what Apple was thinking.
    09-13-2012 10:04 AM
    Very true, and that is the point. If companies do not try to change eventually the customers figure it out. How many people do you see saying the 5 is a let down and are looking at other options. The difference is people are starting to become more educated in regards to phones and are seeing that Apple is no longer the leader in all categories like they once were.

They need to be careful as those faithful buyers wont stick around forever unless the products continue to be top of class...I think the iphone 5 has taken a step backwards in that regard and in 6 months people will be wondering what Apple was thinking.
    Funny how this describes exactly what happened to RIM several years ago. They used to be the king but they let it go to their heads that they could never be beat no matter what and then something new came along and actually did something new and now the king has been dethroned. Apple did it to BB, and now Android is doing it to Apple.
    09-13-2012 10:17 AM
80 1234