IPhone 5

Syrous44

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
You can say that again. No innovation, alot of catch up and copying of android ics and jb. No wonder they resulted to suing everybody left and right. They have no chance. Looks like apple will be going the way of rim, down the sh:tter lol. What am I saying at least Rim is trying something new apple is not, same old predictable garbage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Watching a blog on imore.com. maybe 10 minutes about iPhone 5?? More about iTunes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Gallion

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I would feel like a village idiot standing in line for this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Pretty underwhelming without a doubt, I really do not see why someone would want to upgrade to a 5 even if they were a die hard Apple lover. The phone will certainly still sell amazing however I really dont see this phone pushing them ahead if anything it will give everyone else a bigger chance to take away more market share.

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Nothing special for sure. Borderline boring. But they're going to sell a s***-ton of these things.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Nothing special for sure. Borderline boring. But they're going to sell a s***-ton of these things.....

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Of course. If they stuck the apple logo on a brick. They would sell millions

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Watched it myself and thought the same thing... they are basically playing catch up with every other smartphones out there. Fullscreen browser, finally after 5 years? I had an iPhone 3G and the bottom menu bar always annoyed me, just wasted what was there of the tiny screen space.

Biggest issue I have with it is the sub 720p HD screen... why on Earth would they choose 1136x640??? That would take a 1280x720p movie and instead of a 1:1 pixel mapping downward interpolate it to a very odd displacement ratio and make videos look worse.

Rev.

viper31573

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I read a couple weeks ago, there were guys willing to give up sex to get the iPhone 5 early

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
So not impressed. Same old apple "innovation". Aka copy and catch up. It makes me sick seeing people on twitter saying "i5 is so amazing. I give it 10 stars. Will buy it for sure. " so lame. People are such sheep. S3 is better in every way. Better processor, camera, front camera, navigation, RAM, expandable storage, screen, the list goes on and on. Love me some s3!

AugustArborists

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I just went through some of the forums over at iMore, kinda seems like it was a bit of a let-down. Our S3s kicks booty on the i5, but there will bee a zillion people waiting in line for those things. Wow.

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
If I didn't have to work tonite I would troll outside the apple store look I got the same take panorama views on my rooted phone running pics ha haha and do voice searches all kinds of say I sheep look what my almost 2 year old phone can do!!! But its not a God iphone and this is how your beloved apple stole this yet we are the copies cats

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Watched the Live Blog on Engadget from beginning to end. There was basically nothing much announced and nothing impressed me. Each device looked kind of ugly in my opinion/preferences.

iPhone 5 got a thinner/taller screen, thinner/lighter body, three microphones, A6, improved front cam/slightly improved rear cam, LTE and that's about it. It seems like there was a bit of updates, but it's not that "innovative" like Apple likes to use. Let me put it this way. It was innovative when the first Macbook Air, iPad, iPhone came out. All the revisions after that were not "innovative" in my term/definition/view.

iPod Touch got some decent hardware updates, but I don't like how it looks now, or the fact the starting price is $299.99. The Kindle HD sounds better, and then there is the superior Nexus 7.

Don't get me started on the Nano....UGLY. In some ways it reminds me of chinese knockoffs of old Nanos, or generic MP3 players.

The two items I am most impressed are the "Lightning" Dock/Port sync cord, and their new "EarPod" earbuds. Better luck next time Apple..this year's release was boring.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't really know what their proprietary connectors provide that the standard micro USB doesn't (besides increased profits by selling proprietary cords and Now adapters). What's the deal?

Anyways, it was disappointing all around, but it'll still sell a ton. They got a rabid fan base and the love of the media where they mostly cam do no wrong and everything they touch turns to golden big-eyed puppies. I'll be curious how many tech blogs give it an 'honest' review of how far behind they are once today's frenzy dies down.

I particularly love how they touted Facebook integration. You know what I had to do to get that? Install the Facebook app. Same with Dropbox and Instagram and Flikr and any other app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze