IPhone 5

bsannes

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I'll say I was disappointed with apple. With the companies previous phones there was always something kinda cool. I'll admit before I had Android I wanted a I-phone but after my first Android phone (Droid Eris) I never wanted one again because of the OS. But I was hoping that apple would put some thing out that was a jump in some way just to spur on competition. But hey at least they caught up to my Dinc2...well kinda.

caslad66

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
There are 2 ways of Marketing .

1. Research the market and customers and then fulfil their needs.

2. Just make something and convince the "numpties" it is what they want.

Samsung, HTC etc go down route 1. ...Apple is firmly in the route 2. camp, and if anything they must be complemented on their superb brainwashing of the general man in the street ,the non technical customer.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
There are 2 ways of Marketing .

1. Research the market and customers and then fulfil their needs.

2. Just make something and convince the "numpties" it is what they want.

Samsung, HTC etc go down route 1. ...Apple is firmly in the route 2. camp, and if anything they must be complemented on their superb brainwashing of the general man in the street ,the non technical customer.

Absolutely! Its all marketing really. Like the people who think Bose is the best Audio and Beats is the best headsets money can buy. If the majority of people did a little research, they would see other alternatives rather than just one side. I must say that lately a lot of people have been waking up and realizing how Apples eco-system is restrictive. Apple will always have a place for the person who is too busy to learn anything about their device and/or not technically inclined.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder what SIRI thinks about this?
She didn't understand the question. :p

Also I'm not at all disappointed about the iPhone5...cause this is exactly what I expected. A load of hyped-up talk, and fake excitement in order to cover up the fact that the "innovation overload" that's going into their new phone is we've all seen before in better phones that are already out.

MrSlippery519

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely! Its all marketing really. Like the people who think Bose is the best Audio and Beats is the best headsets money can buy. If the majority of people did a little research, they would see other alternatives rather than just one side. I must say that lately a lot of people have been waking up and realizing how Apples eco-system is restrictive. Apple will always have a place for the person who is too busy to learn anything about their device and/or not technically inclined.

Very true, and that is the point. If companies do not try to change eventually the customers figure it out. How many people do you see saying the 5 is a let down and are looking at other options. The difference is people are starting to become more educated in regards to phones and are seeing that Apple is no longer the leader in all categories like they once were.

They need to be careful as those faithful buyers wont stick around forever unless the products continue to be top of class...I think the iphone 5 has taken a step backwards in that regard and in 6 months people will be wondering what Apple was thinking.

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Very true, and that is the point. If companies do not try to change eventually the customers figure it out. How many people do you see saying the 5 is a let down and are looking at other options. The difference is people are starting to become more educated in regards to phones and are seeing that Apple is no longer the leader in all categories like they once were.

They need to be careful as those faithful buyers wont stick around forever unless the products continue to be top of class...I think the iphone 5 has taken a step backwards in that regard and in 6 months people will be wondering what Apple was thinking.
Funny how this describes exactly what happened to RIM several years ago. They used to be the king but they let it go to their heads that they could never be beat no matter what and then something new came along and actually did something new and now the king has been dethroned. Apple did it to BB, and now Android is doing it to Apple.

ectoren

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
In the end, it's about which OS you prefer. There was really nothing hardware wise that would make me go ga-ga over the new iPhone. Each to their own, but nothing new. Just hype over what was basically an iPhone 4S with a bigger screen and an aluminum back.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've always enjoyed all the editors and different sections of mobile nations because I thought for the most part the editors themselves were less "fanboyish" than the average person out there. After reading Rene Ritche's "Inevitable" post about how the iPhone 5 is such a fantastic design and the only way Apple could go I had to reevaluate my thinking. Someone made a comment to his story about how Richie said all the previous iPhones were "compromises" and now with iPhone 5 they're closer to their vision of the perfect phone factor. What a load of crock. He's really bought into Johnny Ive's sales pitch hook, line and sinker as only a true fanboy can. I'm actually shocked it was Rene who wrote that article. It's a phone, we're not talking about the Mona Lisa here.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I am starstruck, my Great grandmother who is almost 80 years old just asked me if I was getting an iPhone 5 because she heard on the news it was the best new phone.....someone should SMACK that reporter in the face and give them an S3! After describing to her in simple terms that its all just marketing and that people just buy them so they look cool she just walked away......

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha let's go stand outside our local Apple stores and take pictures of all the sheep standing in line with our android phones:)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance