Hey guys, should I switch to the new iPhone 5?

PeteJE

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
Ha, my phone is way ahead of that; can do more, better screen, better form factor, more fun to use.... AND I already have it!!!!!

Market leaders change.... we are seeing the beginning of that with apple, imo.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
aparently no NFC!
guess that means nfc wont catch on then...

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
No NFC. Yeah that's the only thing I was really hoping for with the iPhone 5. It was a double edged sword though. If the iPhone 5 had NFC, it would definitely become a de facto standard. BUT it would also likely mean current NFC implementations would probably be dead.

Seriously? This is the product introduction that will affect the US GDP? How sad.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think I'll trade my phone with a 4.8" HD screen in for one that's 4", a keyboard that can't be changed and an ecosystem that is based on how much they can squeeze me for. And oh yeah.. I definitely want a phone that I have to buy $20 adapters to use in my car now since the old connectors don't work on it. And then there's Google Now vs. Siri.. I don't think we have to get into THAT debate now do we? LOL

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
.. I definitely want a phone that I have to buy $20 adapters to use in my car now since the old connectors don't work on it. LOL

What if I told you they were actually $30? Would that change your mind? No? Well what if I said you could get it with a cord for $40? How about now?

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
It's either iTunes or no tunes. I think ill stick with my S3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Does this Site even have moderators?

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
So don't read them. It's obvious what the thread is about.

As far as Apple, with their once-a-year release date technology is changing too fast for that, and they can't keep up. They can't get everything that is out now (NFC) on their phones, so there's no way they can innovate. By this time next year their stock will be moving down and talk will be changing to if they can keep up with the changing technology. Should be fun to watch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
No, the past two posters are right, this thread is pure useless. Who needs a HAHAHA j/k thread? Threads like this just pollute the forum.

Rev.

i agree with you on one hand mate, they are becoming tiresome.. an "iphone5 vs S3" sticky would be nice to keep things tidy. on the other hand though, if people werent interested and didnt post on a thread, it would soon disapear page by page which is true democracy to be fair ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
on the other hand though, if people werent interested and didnt post on a thread, it would soon disapear page by page which is true democracy to be fair ;)

Well either the mods are all out on hot dates tonight or simply have something better to do because on all the forums I'm on a thread with a title like this and "Hahahaha J/K" is nearly always deleted. It's called a thread without substance, kind of like if I'd posted a thread with the title of "S3" and the post was, "I think it's pretty cool".

:-\

Rev.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
No, the past two posters are right, this thread is pure useless. Who needs a HAHAHA j/k thread? Threads like this just pollute the forum.

Rev.

The new iPhone just came out today. What did you expect? You sure are spending a lot of energy in this thread with no substance. It will get back to normal soon enough.

codycha126

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
They are probably going to put nfc in the next gen iphone and say something in the lines of, " Revolutionary"

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

lbkiml

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
The new iPhone just came out today. What did you expect? You sure are spending a lot of energy in this thread with no substance. It will get back to normal soon enough.

I expected more mature users on here, but I guess there are still the exceptions.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Well either the mods are all out on hot dates tonight or simply have something better to do because on all the forums I'm on a thread with a title like this and "Hahahaha J/K" is nearly always deleted. It's called a thread without substance, kind of like if I'd posted a thread with the title of "S3" and the post was, "I think it's pretty cool".

:-\

Rev.

lol Rev i get what u mean mate but freedom of speach eh. the iphone launch was quite an exciting thing for me (although the only apple product il ever buy is 7.5% cider lol)

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
aparently no NFC!
guess that means nfc wont catch on then...

right. I was ready.to have NFC tags posted all over. They probably did this just because of androids nfc use. They are haters man

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2