wifi reception problem

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm curious if it's a Verizon issue cuz that would be messed up. It's the only thing I dislike about the galaxy s3 its very frustrating.

The amazing galaxy s3 :D

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It is a hardware and possibly software issue. Some got out early on with bad wifi components, they knew it after so many reports and they quickly offered to fix it if they couldn't resolve the issue remotely when my first phone went bad. Mine started acting up slowly till three weeks in it all went out. Wifi, mobile, only the actual phone part would work. No data at all. I got it replaced on the 29th day of my 30 day window luckily. Thing is is along with JB (whenever we get it) there's also supposed to be a wifi fix included supposedly. I can't remember where I read it or cite the source but I know it isn't a "he tell me" thing. I did read it was supposed to be coming. My replacement has been fine though and I haven't really needed to use the service menu trick much at all. Four times tops.

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'll ask my store just put my s3 side by side with my old DROID incredible 2 the incredible 2 had steady 3 bars with wifi and my s3 was at 1 and dropping to no bars. I'm thinking it's my phone.

Archienj7

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'll ask my store just put my s3 side by side with my old DROID incredible 2 the incredible 2 had steady 3 bars with wifi and my s3 was at 1 and dropping to no bars. I'm thinking it's my phone.

I would have it checked out personally.

Exploited

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
If this can not get fixed, this is unfortunately a deal-killer for me. Having passed on the iPhone 4S and with the 5 being boring, I decided Android is way more fun and I can do lots more. So yesterday I turned in my venerable iPhone4 for a sweet Galaxy S3 and absolutely love it. Not sure I am even going to root it, but yeah, probably will. HOWEVER, this wi-fi thing is killing me.

I have a larger house and put in and configured three wireless access points (WAP's) using DD-WRT flash of the trusty Linksys WRT-54 series.

The family iPhones and a Galaxy S2 have never had an issue roaming around the property and switching seamlessly to the nearest WAP. I have a single network, WPA2, g-only.

But this GS3 is a bugger. Weak signal unless I am right in front of the router. No matter if I move to in front of a WAP or restart wi-fi, it never hooks to them.

This is bad as I do a lot with the wi-fi around my house.

I do not want an HTC One X, it's GS3 or iPhone 5. I have looked into this online searching and it seems that this is still ongoing after many months.

I seem to have two issues, the common wi-fi range thing, and this WAP switching which I can find nothing on.

I have tried the *#001# and updated from AT&T and nothing has worked.

Elektra Fride

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I am on my second Note 2 now and it has quit working as well. The internal wifi antennas suck! Thank god I purchased the best buy warranty... but how many phones will I have to go through to get one that actually works fine for my contract of 2 years? 2 phones in 4 months that crapped out with the wifi connection problem. I read somewhere that the Verizon sim card could cause this but as you discovered I believe it is a major Samsung flaw now!