i love this damn phone, which is why i have been putting up with the crappy battery life rather than take the dive to get the iphone 5.

here is the deal. i have done everything from having the power saver on, to killing wifi unless plugged in, turned off auto sync with my accounts, set screen brightness to 30%, turn off mobile data during my work hours (7 hours).

i have downloaded gsam battery stats to get a better idea of what the hell is killing my battery.

from what others have said it is wakelock issues. here are a few screen shots.

can anyone diagnose the problem? i don't what particular apps are causing this (if its a rouge app) and i have done virutally every battery saving option out there. i dont want to compromise my phones features to extend battery life.
    09-12-2012 09:04 PM
    I do everything you do minus the mobile data thing and I get pretty much the same battery life as you except my battery would be like around 15% or less after 12 hours

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    09-12-2012 10:42 PM
    thanks. but this is not normal. i am an light user. i mean the screen should take up most of the battery life. its rouge apps or something else keeping my device "awake". i cannot pinpoint the exact app that is causing this.
    09-12-2012 10:45 PM
    do you see something called gsiff_daemon? If so it's your problem. I'm not really sure what the hell it is but I read in an xda forum to rename the file via root explorer. You might not be rooted so a temporary fix would be to Force stop Google maps. Uninstall updates, clear ram. But the next time you own maps it will start over again.

So if you've used Google maps lately that's probably the problem
    09-13-2012 12:15 AM
    It is not that. That code doesn't even come up. It's smdexe and a few other codes as shown in the picture.

Will rooting ultimately help? I am trying to do everything but root because all I hear is rooting causes updating problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 07:59 AM
    I had a Droid X that all of a sudden went crazy with sucking battery and it showed the culprit was "Android System" like yours. Turns out one of my email accounts got corrupted (or something?!). I deleted the account, re-added it and life was good again. Might as well try that since it's a whole lot easier than rooting.
    Good luck to you!
    09-13-2012 08:19 AM
    Best for analyse your wakelogs is betterbatterystats.
    Also install autostarts or similar and deactivate all startup options for googlemaps.
    This should be good to go ....

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
    09-13-2012 08:45 AM

I would consider myself as medium user,charged at evening,standby over the night and had it at work with about 2h usage(playing flipper in launchtime,Facebook etc).
    Can't really complain about battery life.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2
    09-13-2012 08:56 AM