09-16-2012 08:58 PM
54 123
tools
    I use the stock app and really like it

What does the NFL and Brokeback Mountain have in common? The Cowboys suck...
    imhipper likes this.
    09-13-2012 09:26 PM
    a "doodle" on Go Sms
    Attachment 37389

its a lighthouse by the way, my drawing sucks

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    Get your minds out the gutter people
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-13-2012 09:27 PM
    No i was serious... As in doesnt everyone have whatsapp now
    Lol, i never used that app but I've heard of it a lot

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    09-13-2012 09:33 PM
    a "doodle" on Go Sms
    Attachment 37389

its a lighthouse by the way, my drawing sucks

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    Riiiiiiiight ;-)

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-13-2012 09:34 PM
    Lol, i never used that app but I've heard of it a lot

whatsapp was great when all our friends had dangleberrys and we had BBM envy but now that bb is dying out and most people have unlimited sms, its used a lot less (here anyway)

09-13-2012 10:14 PM
    I have been using Mighty Text so I can text directly from my PC via a Chrome extension
    09-14-2012 06:22 AM
    Hm about the SMS GO do you have to use their launcher for it to work ?
    09-14-2012 07:04 AM
    No, I'm using Apex + GO SMS Pro.
    09-14-2012 07:27 AM
    one great thing about the custom sms apps (on Go anyway) is if you have bad eyes or have problems reading text while drunk, you can set the font to be HUGE and use any font and background colour possible from a light-grid

You can do this with the stock app as well.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-14-2012 08:38 AM
    Stock.... I like the GS3 features... Just put the phone to my face to call from text.... I kinda got tired of changing text apps... Cause every time I had to wipe a phone you have to set it up all again... Smh

Sent from my GS3....
    09-14-2012 08:56 AM
    Why no love for ChompSMS? I think it runs the smoothest of the bunch.
    To each his own. I personally agree that Go SMS Pro is best but ChompSMS could be just as good. Even though i haven't used it.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums
    09-14-2012 09:48 AM
    +1 to Go SMS Pro!

Been using it a while now and I love it. If only I could get MMS to work...I can send but I can not get them! Otherwise I love it.
    09-14-2012 09:50 AM
    I use the stock app and really like it

What does the NFL and Brokeback Mountain have in common? The Cowboys suck...
    Can't agree with you more on both points.
    09-14-2012 10:21 AM
    Stock.... I like the GS3 features... Just put the phone to my face to call from text.... I kinda got tired of changing text apps... Cause every time I had to wipe a phone you have to set it up all again... Smh

Sent from my GS3....
    Go has backup to ext sd option mate

09-14-2012 07:08 PM
    +1 to Go SMS Pro!

Been using it a while now and I love it. If only I could get MMS to work...I can send but I can not get them! Otherwise I love it.
    i just read how to fix it on this very forum mate, i un-checked "preserve image resolution" in "mms settings"

09-14-2012 07:11 PM
    That's why I hate go anything. They basically spam you with their other apps. Like they make you download go launcher to use go locker even though you don't need it. It's all very stupid.
    09-14-2012 10:03 PM
    That's why I hate go anything. They basically spam you with their other apps. Like they make you download go launcher to use go locker even though you don't need it. It's all very stupid.
    i know what you mean but how are they supposed to make money? their apps are free so money must be made on the themes. Go Sms can work without any other Go app. theres settings to switch off the app store and Go Chat, ive used the blacklist function to blacklist messages from Go lol. theyre great devs. i use Go contacts/dialer with a hot free theme coz its pretty.. Go Launcher with Go Notification plug-in coz its free and does pretty much everything i want, Go Calander widget with Transparancy theme coz it just looks great on one of my screens, and ive recently installed Go Backup to save homescreen set-ups so i can experiment more. ive never payed anything for a Go app or theme.
    i cant fault them.. even their dodgy translations are cute lol
    guess im bit of a Go fanboy although i ditched go locker for widget locker which is so much better.
    dont know about handcent, chomp etc but Go Sms even has its own "read it" button to read a text out to u if ur intoxicated or not woke up properly. ive heard they started charging for the facebook chat plug-in which is a shame coz it was really good but as i said, they gota make money. they make it easy for you into buying stuff instead of "encouraging" or "forcing" you.
    if they ever get too pushy.. ill just use another dev'/app.. simples

09-14-2012 10:26 PM
    guess you got a point funk. They do offer a lot of stuff for it to all be free.

Go launcher offers everything in apex and nova for free basically

Samething with widget locker. And the themes are better I just find widget locker more professional/to my needs/more customizable.

I guess I just got fed up with all the spam updates even though they weren't really updating anything you know. Then it works be like download this go app download this other one. But I feel you. Everyone's got to make a buck
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-14-2012 10:32 PM
    to the ***** asking if we still text ... I am deaf. texting allows me to communicate as others with hearing disabilities

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums
    09-14-2012 10:47 PM
    to the ***** asking if we still text ... I am deaf. texting allows me to communicate as others with hearing disabilities

good point man. take it you have unlimited sms? think the guy meant that a lot of people use messangers to be fair like google+, whatsapp, kick, facebook, etc etc which use the internet as theyre generaly faster but they rely on your friends having it

09-14-2012 10:59 PM
    I wish there were some skins for the current SMS official app or that it was more alike JellyBean but with the great features it has currently
    09-15-2012 04:50 AM

Maybe if you took the time to research what whatsapp is you will find its also a texting app but over wifi and data... I was more referring to do people still use texts from their carrier... SMH
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-15-2012 12:20 PM
    Go SMS by far is great.
    09-15-2012 12:49 PM
    I still like What's App because of the fact you are not limited by 160 characters and for sending photos it's great. Also great if you have a group of friends on iOS. It was very clunky on the Blackberry so I didn't use it as much as I do now. The Samsung galaxy SIII screen makes what's app look stunning.
    Sent from my SGH-I747M using Android Central Forums
    09-15-2012 01:18 PM
    I wish there were some skins for the current SMS official app or that it was more alike JellyBean but with the great features it has currently
    Try Glowfly (formerly SMS Popup). Uses the stock app but adds features.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

UPDATE: Oops! Not formerly SMS Popup. Formerly PopUp Notifications... Sorry about that.
    funkylogik and LeviathanPT like this.
    09-16-2012 04:53 PM
54 123