Email Notification Repeats for Read Emails

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why, I did a quick search and didn't see anything similar, but my SGS3 is re-notifying me on emails I've already read. The only way that I can stop the notification, so far, is to delete the email. Lucky they've been rather unimportant emails (airmiles, dropbox) so it hasn't been a huge issue, but it's this side of annoying. I have 2 Gmail accounts synced, and am running my phone stock out of the box. Is there some setting that I'm missing?

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an old aol account and even when i delete mail they come back even as far back as two weeks...i have to go on my pc and delete them...its a pain...sorry didnt have an answer for you...just venting

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

hdl19

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem of repeating old emails. My Galaxy S3 recently updated to v 4.1.1 and my Galaxy Tab 10.1 runs on v 4.0 - both have the annoying habit of reloading old deleted emails from two weeks to many months previously. I am using Mozilla Thunderbird as my email client for two addresses. Interestingly, this problem does not happen with my gmail address, but I must stay with Thunderbird for business reasons. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995