1) does the dev' have anything to do with Google?
    2) aparently it works by finding the strongest mast/tower around when you run it but wont turning flight mode off/on do same thing?
    3) has anyone tested it properly? i find it works when my data has slowed down but AVG Antivirus flagged it up today as malitious

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-13-2012 08:42 AM
    bUmP sorry

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-14-2012 08:35 PM
    i only ever allow myself #2 bumps

09-15-2012 08:04 PM
    I'd ditch it tbh. Open Signal does the same thing plus a lot more, you can actually select which tower I'm pretty sure. There's so much in it Ive not gotten to check it all out and no virus warnings.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-15-2012 09:17 PM
    I'd ditch it tbh. Open Signal does the same thing plus a lot more, you can actually select which tower I'm pretty sure. There's so much in it Ive not gotten to check it all out and no virus warnings.
    thanks mate already ditched it and ill give Open signal a try

Archienj7 likes this.
    09-15-2012 09:52 PM
    YW, there are a couple others named Network Booster (not by Google Group) and they're ok too.
    09-16-2012 12:20 AM
    how do they actualy work? ive tried some that claim to add a certain percentage to signal but Speedtest proved them fake.
    one that periodicly checks for the strongest tower would be useful.
    i find myself turning flight mode on/off when my signal drops

09-16-2012 09:40 AM
    ....is it OpenSignalMaps you meant?

09-16-2012 09:42 AM
    Yeah, that's it. I've got two towers around me. One is 1500 meters away so it automatically chooses it anyway and I really don't need it tbh. The other Network Boosters work, but since I have strong signal anyway it's nothing groundbreaking. Let me go through my apps I've tried and I'll find this one that would pull a signal typically where one wouldn't have one. It works really well in deadzones and of course I've totally forgotten the name.
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-16-2012 03:37 PM