sorry theyre taken on my girls 2MP camera and im not a great cameraman lol
    DecalGirl skin pics-uploadfromtaptalk1347571867209.jpgDecalGirl skin pics-uploadfromtaptalk1347571891273.jpg

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-13-2012 04:31 PM
    I like it. The customization with the skins is really cool but something about this pebble blue at an angle is just so damn sexy
    09-13-2012 06:40 PM
    I like it. The customization with the skins is really cool but something about this pebble blue at an angle is just so damn sexy
    yeah i was playin with one in a shop and it is really nice but if you understood the football (soccer) culture of Glasgow, you'd understand why i cant have a blue phone lol. ive always liked black and the matte finish makes watching vids nicer somehow

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    Tkbredx and unlmtdRW like this.
    09-13-2012 07:10 PM
    Very nice, I like the Two-Tone, reminds me of "The Specials".
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-13-2012 07:17 PM
    one tip with the DecalGirl skins...
    if you dont use the capacative buttons' LED then take care when removing the skin from its backing to keep the cut-outs attatched.. i ended up with the "back" key cut-out stuck to the backing and it just doesnt look right now that ive stuck it on... think it would look mega ugly with those cut-outs removed.
    also i need cosmetic advice, i put the home button cut out on a bit messy, how ugly will my phone look with it removed?.. should i use my shortys black nail polish on it instead?

09-13-2012 07:18 PM
    The back and menu keys work with the decal covering them?
    09-13-2012 09:36 PM
    yeah mate they work perfectly

Cyber Warrior likes this.
    09-13-2012 10:08 PM
    This is all a matter of personal taste, however, I installed the front decal (shiny black on a white S3) with the holes for the buttons. I think it looks great. To me, it looks more "right" (as in correct) to have the buttons exposed because otherwise it would look like one had glued little bits of paper to the buttons. I will Say, though, that is was REALLY difficult to line up that part of the decal with the actual buttons.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-13-2012 10:23 PM
    cool. did u leave home button exposed too? try n post a pic when u can plz
    did u use the button LEDs before getting the skin? ive never used them so having obvious white buttons there instead of just using thumb memory would seem strange to me.
    as u say... matter of taste

09-13-2012 10:36 PM
    I haven't got any photos with me at the moment, but GelaSkins do some great skins that seem to last a while and best of all, you can make your own...

Most of my mobile devices are skinned with Aeirth (Aeris) Gainsborough!

Sent wirelessly from my Sony Xperia S, via the official Android Central app...
    09-14-2012 12:51 AM
    how much extra does it cost to design your own mate?
    yeah theyr a really tough and sticky material. nerve-wracking puttin them on though.. i messed mine up a bit

09-14-2012 06:43 AM
    Have another question for ya..

Are you using a screen protector with the decal? If so, did you put the decal under or over the screen protector?
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-14-2012 01:37 PM
    yes to screen protector. Yes to putting it on before the decal. But don't know whether you HAVE to put protector on first.

Cyber Warrior likes this.
    09-14-2012 02:48 PM
    yeah theyr a really tough and sticky material. nerve-wracking puttin them on though.. i messed mine up a bit

I can't check right now, but I believe it's only $2 or 3 US. Not sure, tho.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-14-2012 02:52 PM
    I have only ever purchased skins I have made myself, though I don't think its much of a difference in price between the pre-made skins and the "make your own"... It's always been the shipping that makes the most difference in price.

Decal Girl tends to have more and better-quality pre-made content from a long list of professional artists... My wife prefers Decal Girl, but this is primarily because she usually buys "manga-style" skins and as I said, Decal Girl tends to have more from professional artists.

In saying this, GelaSkins has a powerful, Web-based wizard to make your own skins and having used GelaSkins' products for a couple of years now, I can say that I have always been happy with the end result - many of my devices are still using their original skin after 2-3+ years!

Finally, in terms of quality and price, there's not a whole lot of difference between the two, and it mostly just comes down to personal preference... Head over to each site, have a look around and play around with their "create your own skin" wizards and see for yourself which you prefer.
    funkylogik and sfrrr like this.
    09-14-2012 05:18 PM
    Have another question for ya..

Are you using a screen protector with the decal? If so, did you put the decal under or over the screen protector?
    nope no screen protector mate and no scratches since UK release date. think if i got a screen protector, id want it to only cover the actual screen panel and be flush (or roughly flush) with the decalgirl. decalgirl should really offer them..

09-14-2012 06:30 PM
    Very nice, I like the Two-Tone, reminds me of "The Specials".
    i actualy just "got" that mate

09-14-2012 06:33 PM
    nope no screen protector mate and no scratches since UK release date. think if i got a screen protector, id want it to only cover the actual screen panel and be flush (or roughly flush) with the decalgirl. decalgirl should really offer them..

Unless I'm thinking about Phantom Skinz, I believe decalgirl s do offer screen protectors.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-15-2012 12:41 PM
    Unless I'm thinking about Phantom Skinz, I believe decalgirl s do offer screen protectors.

is it all in one though; the screen protector and coloured bezel in one piece? that would be really nice

09-15-2012 01:35 PM
    No. As I recall, the screen protector is separate, if it exists at all. My memory seems to be useless today.

09-16-2012 02:28 PM
    my memory is permenantly disfigured lol.. would be kinda nice if it was one piece eh

09-16-2012 03:24 PM