Samsung got Samsunged. The fake S3 is awesome.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
http://www.dhgate.com/i9300-s3-mtk6...droid/p-ff80808135ec7fb00135f263a8d94c0f.html

Bought this phone a few weeks ago for kicks, just got it today. It's actually really fast, I'm enjoying it. It's a steal for 200 bucks, looks and feels exactly like the S3. It's Quad core, runs Jelly Bean, has an 8 mp shooter and a pretty damn nice screen. Honestly, way better than most other mid range phones at this price. Have a look, if just for a laugh.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
nice one man. what does it get on Quadrant app?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Kizzmocat

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to spam this thread and say to the last poster pointing out that the build quality looks terrible, well my friend, that's what makes it look exactly like the SIII ! :D

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
lol, it looks like a pretty decent fake. The resolution is horrible though. If the sg3's sexy screen isn't an important hardware feature, and you can't afford a real one, sure, why not. I bet Tony, and the manufacturer has outstanding customer service and a mighty fine warranty on that low end phone. I bet it is lead free too.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
lol, it looks like a pretty decent fake. The resolution is horrible though. If the sg3's sexy screen isn't an important hardware feature, and you can't afford a real one, sure, why not. I bet Tony, and the manufacturer has outstanding customer service and a mighty fine warranty on that low end phone. I bet it is lead free too.

Actually, the screen looks pretty darn great, and it is AMOLED. Or as you astutely pointed out, AMOLEAD.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the screen looks pretty darn great, and it is AMOLED. Or as you astutely pointed out, AMOLEAD.

He he, nice one! I don't know about the screen, I would have to see for myself first. But for a fake, it seems to hit the right notes for the most part. Not familiar with the chip-set at all and how well it performs on Verizon, maybe someone can chime in on that? Quadrant scores and a about phone screenshot would be awesome, along with a battery analytic screen shot. 960*540 at 4.8 inches just seams poor.

what is the pixel density? Anyone?

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
He he, nice one! I don't know about the screen, I would have to see for myself first. But for a fake, it seems to hit the right notes for the most part. Not familiar with the chip-set at all and how well it performs on Verizon, maybe someone can chime in on that? Quadrant scores and a about phone screenshot would be awesome, along with a battery analytic screen shot. 960*540 at 4.8 inches just seams poor.

what is the pixel density? Anyone?

Soon as I get home I'll run quadrant on it. Thinking of buying the fake One X too, just for giggles. Finally, a One X with a removable battery, lol.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
At first I thought it looked the same but all they did was get a S3 photo and removed logos. Now the actual pictures of the device shows the real differences. Different Screen/Frame size ratio. The plastic looks cheaper (which is pretty bad). The phone is thicker looking then both European and US versions. LED/Sensors are located in slight different locations. Bezels are thicker and protrude out more like a phone with a case. The screen does not have the nice curve and is flat. Home button looks cheaper. The worst of them all the phones displayed in the pictures are not the same throughout all of them. For example there is a dramatic difference between the phone in picture 4 and all the others. I probably would have bought one for the fun of it if it was under $100. $200 is way too much for a copy/kirf of a official phone..no matter how well it is..unless it runs better which I doubt.

Thanks for the post though. Now I can see what kind of kirf's there are.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
so can we see a Quadrant test result Crack please mate?
my nephew would prob love one if it can handle itself cpu wise :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
At first I thought it looked the same but all they did was get a S3 photo and removed logos. Now the actual pictures of the device shows the real differences. Different Screen/Frame size ratio. The plastic looks cheaper (which is pretty bad). The phone is thicker looking then both European and US versions. LED/Sensors are located in slight different locations. Bezels are thicker and protrude out more like a phone with a case. The screen does not have the nice curve and is flat. Home button looks cheaper. The worst of them all the phones displayed in the pictures are not the same throughout all of them. For example there is a dramatic difference between the phone in picture 4 and all the others. I probably would have bought one for the fun of it if it was under $100. $200 is way too much for a copy/kirf of a official phone..no matter how well it is..unless it runs better which I doubt.

Thanks for the post though. Now I can see what kind of kirf's there are.

It's like maybe one millimeter thicker, the sensors are in different places, the screen is flat and the home button is metal. Build quality is honestly pretty much the same. It's still 200 bucks for a pretty damn decent quad core with jellybean. And Funky, I'll post quadrent when I get home. Out rolling and bowling and then going to taco bell.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I laughed when I saw the actual photos on the seller's page. The reason I laughed was because of the absurdity of it. I mean the hardware and software seems pretty legit. I mean how could such a thing exist?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
S3 hacks will almost certainly NOT work on this. Different frameworks. But if you want to get one, try it, brick it, then have a paperwork go right ahead. :p