09-17-2012 12:00 PM
31 12
tools
    http://www.dhgate.com/i9300-s3-mtk65...3a8d94c0f.html

Bought this phone a few weeks ago for kicks, just got it today. It's actually really fast, I'm enjoying it. It's a steal for 200 bucks, looks and feels exactly like the S3. It's Quad core, runs Jelly Bean, has an 8 mp shooter and a pretty damn nice screen. Honestly, way better than most other mid range phones at this price. Have a look, if just for a laugh.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums
    09-14-2012 07:06 PM
    Lol. Wow man. Build quality seems terrible though. Haha
    09-14-2012 07:21 PM
    Lol. Wow man. Build quality seems terrible though. Haha
    It's actually almost exactly the same as my real S3. It's kind of blowing my mind.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    09-14-2012 07:23 PM
    nice one man. what does it get on Quadrant app?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-14-2012 07:24 PM
    I'm going to spam this thread and say to the last poster pointing out that the build quality looks terrible, well my friend, that's what makes it look exactly like the SIII !

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-14-2012 07:42 PM
    Sell it to the schmuck for $500!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-14-2012 07:48 PM
    Sell it to the schmuck for $500!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    No I like it. I'll keep it as a conversation piece.

09-14-2012 07:59 PM
    lol, it looks like a pretty decent fake. The resolution is horrible though. If the sg3's sexy screen isn't an important hardware feature, and you can't afford a real one, sure, why not. I bet Tony, and the manufacturer has outstanding customer service and a mighty fine warranty on that low end phone. I bet it is lead free too.
    09-14-2012 08:05 PM
    lol, it looks like a pretty decent fake. The resolution is horrible though. If the sg3's sexy screen isn't an important hardware feature, and you can't afford a real one, sure, why not. I bet Tony, and the manufacturer has outstanding customer service and a mighty fine warranty on that low end phone. I bet it is lead free too.
    Actually, the screen looks pretty darn great, and it is AMOLED. Or as you astutely pointed out, AMOLEAD.

09-14-2012 08:20 PM
    Actually, the screen looks pretty darn great, and it is AMOLED. Or as you astutely pointed out, AMOLEAD.

He he, nice one! I don't know about the screen, I would have to see for myself first. But for a fake, it seems to hit the right notes for the most part. Not familiar with the chip-set at all and how well it performs on Verizon, maybe someone can chime in on that? Quadrant scores and a about phone screenshot would be awesome, along with a battery analytic screen shot. 960*540 at 4.8 inches just seams poor.

what is the pixel density? Anyone?
    09-14-2012 08:22 PM
    He he, nice one! I don't know about the screen, I would have to see for myself first. But for a fake, it seems to hit the right notes for the most part. Not familiar with the chip-set at all and how well it performs on Verizon, maybe someone can chime in on that? Quadrant scores and a about phone screenshot would be awesome, along with a battery analytic screen shot. 960*540 at 4.8 inches just seams poor.

what is the pixel density? Anyone?
    Soon as I get home I'll run quadrant on it. Thinking of buying the fake One X too, just for giggles. Finally, a One X with a removable battery, lol.

09-14-2012 08:31 PM
    At first I thought it looked the same but all they did was get a S3 photo and removed logos. Now the actual pictures of the device shows the real differences. Different Screen/Frame size ratio. The plastic looks cheaper (which is pretty bad). The phone is thicker looking then both European and US versions. LED/Sensors are located in slight different locations. Bezels are thicker and protrude out more like a phone with a case. The screen does not have the nice curve and is flat. Home button looks cheaper. The worst of them all the phones displayed in the pictures are not the same throughout all of them. For example there is a dramatic difference between the phone in picture 4 and all the others. I probably would have bought one for the fun of it if it was under $100. $200 is way too much for a copy/kirf of a official phone..no matter how well it is..unless it runs better which I doubt.

Thanks for the post though. Now I can see what kind of kirf's there are.
    09-14-2012 09:07 PM
    so can we see a Quadrant test result Crack please mate?
    my nephew would prob love one if it can handle itself cpu wise

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-14-2012 09:37 PM
    At first I thought it looked the same but all they did was get a S3 photo and removed logos. Now the actual pictures of the device shows the real differences. Different Screen/Frame size ratio. The plastic looks cheaper (which is pretty bad). The phone is thicker looking then both European and US versions. LED/Sensors are located in slight different locations. Bezels are thicker and protrude out more like a phone with a case. The screen does not have the nice curve and is flat. Home button looks cheaper. The worst of them all the phones displayed in the pictures are not the same throughout all of them. For example there is a dramatic difference between the phone in picture 4 and all the others. I probably would have bought one for the fun of it if it was under $100. $200 is way too much for a copy/kirf of a official phone..no matter how well it is..unless it runs better which I doubt.

Thanks for the post though. Now I can see what kind of kirf's there are.
    It's like maybe one millimeter thicker, the sensors are in different places, the screen is flat and the home button is metal. Build quality is honestly pretty much the same. It's still 200 bucks for a pretty damn decent quad core with jellybean. And Funky, I'll post quadrent when I get home. Out rolling and bowling and then going to taco bell.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-14-2012 10:27 PM
    So can you put this on any network?
    09-14-2012 10:48 PM
    Do you think the hacks for the s3 would work on this?

Sent from my hot ice cream sandwich
    09-14-2012 10:57 PM
    Do you have any picture of the fake phone.. Like to see it.
    09-15-2012 03:10 AM
    I laughed when I saw the actual photos on the seller's page. The reason I laughed was because of the absurdity of it. I mean the hardware and software seems pretty legit. I mean how could such a thing exist?
    09-15-2012 11:45 AM
    Link in OP says:

The item is pending DHgate verification.
    Click either link below to go back to:
    Previous page | Home page
    09-15-2012 01:09 PM
    S3 hacks will almost certainly NOT work on this. Different frameworks. But if you want to get one, try it, brick it, then have a paperwork go right ahead.
    09-15-2012 01:19 PM
    i stil wana see how it performs in a bechmark

09-15-2012 02:40 PM
    On the link you posted it says that it is pending verification, what is it a Chinese knockoff?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2012 03:36 PM
    On the link you posted it says that it is pending verification, what is it a Chinese knockoff?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Yea that store is full of chinese knockoffs. HTC One X, S3, S2, etc. It's amusing to search for all knockoffs. Even better when you find one that really looks the same

Do you have any picture of the fake phone.. Like to see it.
    I agree, I wan't to see photos, benchmarks, and a video would really be appreciated. It's hard to see the quality of the phone without a video, but benchmarks would somewhat verify it.

----------------------

After looking at the phones I realized all of the screens were mediocre in the aspect of resolution. Some are advertised to have Super AMOLED screens, but they are all 800ish x 480.

For the people who have not been able to see the phone due to "DHgate verification...." look at this one. I feel like it is the one that caries the most qualities of the S3. The thinnest one, but not a quad core

http://www.dhgate.com/mtk6575-star-i...ad13f44b6.html
    09-15-2012 10:29 PM
    I'm thinking about picking up the lounge chair device holder LOL... j/K

Samsung got Samsunged. The fake S3 is awesome.-1.0x0.jpg
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-16-2012 05:30 PM
    I'm thinking about picking up the lounge chair device holder LOL... j/K

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.0x0.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	37679
    Me too. Come to think of it, aside from the Etsy stands made of forks and spoons, I don't know of an interesting stands. Does anyone else?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums
    09-16-2012 05:56 PM
31 12