Functions at top of screen shut off randomly when talking on phone

Sandbob123

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to lock the function bar at the top of the screen? Also is there a specific way I should be holding the phone when I talk on it so as not to disable the functions? Please help...I'm considering selling my S111 because of this.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
use speakerphone mate. it happens so that you dont press anything with your face by mistake

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

dbrides

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Funkys from the uk...he calls everyone mate...i dont think its actually called speakerphone mate...hes saying use your speakerphone............mate...lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
thanks mate lol ;) when i started using this forum i used text slang and called everyone "m8" which caused even more confusion lol :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Sandbob123

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
This is so annoying. Everytime I talk on my phone, one or two of the functions shut off. Am I the only one experiencing this? Live Chat (Samsung) wants me to do a factory reset. Can't always use speakerphone.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Use speaker phone? Come on, we can't be giving people recommendations like this, it sounds like "Oh yeah... the S3 simply can't make normal phone calls so you have to use speaker phone". You're a cool dude Funky and I like ya, but responses like this might have a negative affect on new users.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with the phone selecting options while on a call. Did you go into the settings and make sure it's properly set to disable the screen while on a call? Sounds like for some reason the option might be off. I'll check on my phone where the option is and edit the post in a few minutes.

*EDIT - OK, tap the Phone icon and when it launches tap the menu button and choose Call Settings. In there is an option for "Auto Screen Off During Calls". Is that box checked? If not it should be.

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
lol i thought the OP was complaining that the phone goes blank when phones near your head during a call (which is normal)
must have read it wrong or wouldnt have suggested such stupid reply.
sorry op ;)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
ahh i get it. cheers man. hopefuly your suggestion will do the job :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

Sandbob123

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
The auto screen off was not checked. It is now. If this works, I will be one Galaxy S111 user. Thanks so much!

---------- Post Merged at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:11 PM ----------

One "happy" Galaxy user.

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
The auto screen off was not checked. It is now. If this works, I will be one Galaxy S111 user. Thanks so much!

---------- Post Merged at 08:12 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:11 PM ----------

One "happy" Galaxy user.

My pleasure man, I'm sure that was the issue. Please report back!

Rev.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
hate when people dont come back when they get a result.. it doesnt help other users :(

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
yup. we'll just assume its sorted :)

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
Someone should PM him and tell him to "thank" people for the help, also changing the thread to [solved] is helpful for someone who might be having the same issue. Just sayin'...

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Someone should PM him and tell him to "thank" people for the help, also changing the thread to [solved] is helpful for someone who might be having the same issue. Just sayin'...

how do we change a thread to "solved" mate?
in a forum i use, you can check a reply as "solution" and the thread gets marked as "solved"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair