Have any of you used a Razr Maxx and now use an SIII??
    Thinking of getting one and letting my son have my beloved Maxx. He needs one for the battery life. It's amazing on how long it can go.
    How do you compare the two?
    Features and stability?
    Battery life?

Thanks!
    09-15-2012 05:24 PM
    just from what ive heard about the maxx, the s3 wont come close

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-15-2012 05:31 PM
    I have both the maxx lasts me about a day and a half or 2 days with light use best batt on the market without a doubt. The s3 only lasts me one day but that is enough for my needs if i know i will be without power for a few days ie camping i take a spare battery w/charger and a solar charger something you can't do with the maxx. Plus you can get an extended batt for the s3 if you don't mind carrying around a brick.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-15-2012 05:38 PM
    ahh does the maxx have built in battery then?
    id much rather have swappable

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-15-2012 06:08 PM
    ahh does the maxx have built in battery then?
    id much rather have swappable

Yes it is integrated. A real champ for batt life but given the choice i prefer swappable batteries as well.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-15-2012 06:19 PM
    I have both the maxx lasts me about a day and a half or 2 days with light use best batt on the market without a doubt. The s3 only lasts me one day but that is enough for my needs if i know i will be without power for a few days ie camping i take a spare battery w/charger and a solar charger something you can't do with the maxx. Plus you can get an extended batt for the s3 if you don't mind carrying around a brick.

Very good. What do you think about it otherwise, in comparison? Since you have both.
    It has ICS, right? Is that working well? I hear there are some lockups.
    Screen clarity, picture, etc....
    I appreciate your input since you have both.
    09-15-2012 07:18 PM
    The s3 outperforms the maxx in every aspect accept battery life. To be honest i thought the maxx had a better user experience on GB than ICS. ICS brings more to the table but GB ran better smoother and more stable. Before anyone starts on the radios in my house and in my travels they function equally well. I have my maxx as a backup phone. The s3 is my primary device.

I am not bashing the maxx it is a good phone but for my dollars i would recommend the s3.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-15-2012 07:31 PM
    I talked with a VZW rep today and he says that even though the battery isn't as big as the Maxx, Samsung tweaked the software in the GSIII and it has helped the battery life.
    ??
    Dunno... Dats what he said.

Sent from Marx Maxx
    09-15-2012 08:35 PM
    i know they tweaked it on the international version in a tiny update but, consideiing the screen and power of the s3, the battery life is excelent. especialy if you turn on Power Saver mode and/or turn off mobile data while youre just using it as a dumb phone

09-15-2012 08:58 PM
    I had the non maxx razr. Great phone but compared to the S3 its nothing. I imagine the battery life is slightly less between the S3 and the maxx, it does indeed have a bigger battery.

09-15-2012 09:34 PM
    I had the maxx and now the S3. With the Maxx I'd get an easy 20-24 hrs battery life with the S3 I get and easy 12-14hrs. Its not as good as the Maxx but it gets me through the day with no problems.

09-16-2012 12:20 AM
    I never had a max since I'm on sprint... But I can say it will beat the s3 since the battery is bigger.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-16-2012 11:00 AM
    "Let's compare a device that has a giant battery (which is literally a selling point for it) to another device that's not only made by another manufacturer, but using a lower spec battery!"

What are you doing? What are YOU doing?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums
    09-16-2012 09:19 PM