My galaxy s3 lost all notifications

j3wb0y

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Ok so I am new to the android family as I was an iPhone/Apple fanatic. I got the galaxy s3 and love it but yesterday something happened that I could not rectify. I went to Hershey park and my phone was getting ready to die so I didn't touch it all day and it died on me the battery went to 0%. When I got home and charged it some I then turned it on and no matter what text I got or facebook update I had I could not see it in notifications not did I get an alert saying I had a message. Nothing worked and I mean nothing I fiddled with notifications and even synced my contacts and everything. The only way to remedy it was to factory reset the phone...

The only apps I had on the phone were Facebook, instagram, netflix, and lookout. Does anyone have an idea why this happened?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
other than accidently turning off notifications i dont know man.
was there a circle with an "i" inside on the status bar?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

j3wb0y

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No to the I with a circle... Yea it was strange I don't understand it... Could it have been the fact that it was the first time my phones battery died? I have had the phone for 3 days literally

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I am new to the android family as I was an iPhone/Apple fanatic. I got the galaxy s3 and love it but yesterday something happened that I could not rectify. I went to Hershey park and my phone was getting ready to die so I didn't touch it all day and it died on me the battery went to 0%. When I got home and charged it some I then turned it on and no matter what text I got or facebook update I had I could not see it in notifications not did I get an alert saying I had a message. Nothing worked and I mean nothing I fiddled with notifications and even synced my contacts and everything. The only way to remedy it was to factory reset the phone...

The only apps I had on the phone were Facebook, instagram, netflix, and lookout. Does anyone have an idea why this happened?

Out of curiousity, if your phone was that close to dying, why not just power it completely off instead? Chances of charging it up at Hershey Park are rather slim.

Tap'n from my White SGT2 7.0 SE

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just one of em things mate. long as its ok now eh :)
whats hershay park btw?

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand that but it was at 20% when we got there figured it would not die that quicklu

Seems once my battery hits about 20% it runs out quick. I'll be thinking...damn, all I did was check a few emails. Now when it gets that low and I've no way of charging it, I just power it off.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Seems once my battery hits about 20% it runs out quick. I'll be thinking...damn, all I did was check a few emails. Now when it gets that low and I've no way of charging it, I just power it off.

same but 15%
thats when i hit powersaving or just power off for emergencys.
a spare core just powerful enough to run as a dumbphone would be a nice option :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL