Stock "Gallery" app album scroll speed.

pmpysz

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
When using the stock "Gallery" app, I found that the tiled pictures will lag behind my finger when scrolling through them (unless I flick my finger to make them go fast). Basically the pictures will scroll at a much slower rate than my finger moves. I tried another app called "Gallery ICS" which is suppose to be the stock ICS Gallery app. It scrolls all pictures with my finger without any issue.

I was wondering if there's anyway to fix this?

Thanks for any help!!!

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
just use the one that works best mate.
i prefer QuickPic. its no-nonsense, less pretty but i find it more useful :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

pmpysz

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
just use the one that works best mate.
i prefer QuickPic. its no-nonsense, less pretty but i find it more useful :)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

Yea, I like that app too. I just don't like how it has to re-find my albums every time it starts from scratch. It takes 10-20 seconds for some reason. Makes it tough to keep using for me.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
really. mine never does that. thats pretty strange man. are your pics on sd?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
what class of sd do u have?
i have a class 10 sd ordered and ill be moving my pics to that so ill let u know if i get any lag.
can the camera be set to save pics automaticly to sd?

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
scrap that. i just found the setting :)

pmpysz

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: Stock "Gallery" app album scroll speed.

what class of sd do u have?
i have a class 10 sd ordered and ill be moving my pics to that so ill let u know if i get any lag.
can the camera be set to save pics automaticly to sd?

Oh it's very old. Just a 2GB card. I got it back when the AT&T 8525 WinMo phone was brand new. I'll try it when it's removed. I would think it would load them gradually though. So the main camera album should pop up fast.

---------- Post Merged at 04:10 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 04:07 PM ----------

It does load much faster now. I just don't know why QuickPic loads them slow and the stock Gallery app doesn't. I also like how the stock app has my Picasa albums.