On my BlackBerry there was an option to save message when in your texts. This was native to the OS. What I liked about it was that it had it's own folder. And even if I deleted a message thread, the individual texts I saved would be in the saved messages folder.

Being brand new to Android, going through Google Play can be a bit overwhelming. I was wondering if anyone can suggest an app where I can save messages and view them later even after the thread has been deleted.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III using Android Central Forums
    09-16-2012 02:02 PM
    If you long press on the message you can lock it so its not deleted

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk 2
    the1m.polo likes this.
    09-16-2012 02:09 PM
    Try SMS Back up and Restore from the Play Store. It will back up all your texts, restore texts and delete messages. I have not used all the functions yet, but it did save all my texts. So far, so good.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    09-16-2012 02:11 PM
    Thank you both for the help.

09-17-2012 01:32 PM
    can i just ask why people like to save txt messages? a lot of my friends do it but i dont understand why...
    ta

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-17-2012 04:29 PM
    I like to save some text messages if they're particularly important or sentimental to me.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-17-2012 07:16 PM
    Try SMS Back up and Restore from the Play Store. It will back up all your texts, restore texts and delete messages. I have not used all the functions yet, but it did save all my texts. So far, so good.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
    I use it also. Works great, you can schedule backups and have it email the backup as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    09-17-2012 07:19 PM
    Use an SMS Backup program to archive your text messages.
    09-18-2012 09:35 AM
    can i just ask why people like to save txt messages? a lot of my friends do it but i dont understand why...
    ta
    I only save them if it's something important that I need. Like someone sent me something work related (that I may need later to avoid a "he said she said finger pointing situation). I do the same thing with Skype conversations. Anything I might need to search or go back to for a record of the conversation (like "see, on February 7th you told me to delete that user....that's why he can't log on any more").
    09-18-2012 09:54 AM
    i think Go Backup does sms as well as back up Go Launcher set-ups (duno if it backs up other launcher set-ups?)

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-18-2012 10:31 AM
    SMS Backup and Restore is your best option for saving and managing your text messages. Nice thing is you can selectively pick what you would like to restore.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Vee_G likes this.
    09-18-2012 10:39 AM
    ta

For Blackmail!!! Muhahahahah!!!!
    funkylogik and xlDeMoNiClx like this.
    09-18-2012 10:44 AM
    I sometimes lock important text messages like a date of something or someones number who I don't want in my contact list.
    09-18-2012 11:13 AM
    I sometimes lock important text messages like a date of something or someones number who I don't want in my contact list.
    i either blacklist that number or name it DONT ANSWER lol

09-18-2012 02:06 PM
    i either blacklist that number or name it DONT ANSWER lol

I think they meant keep a number to a business or person they don't need to add to contacts but want to keep.

funkylogik likes this.
    09-18-2012 02:24 PM
    I think they meant keep a number to a business or person they don't need to add to contacts but want to keep.

ah right. thanx

09-18-2012 03:21 PM
    Thank you all so much for the help. I'm truly grateful. I'm gonna try the sms back up and restore. I like the fact that you can selectively choose the texts.

Thanks again

09-18-2012 09:25 PM