HTC phones drove alot of DROID users to iphone..

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Everyone person I no that hate and android or just flat out say android suck always say I had a Evo or Evo 3d and it was the worst, I agree because Evo 3d was so bad and buggy I was 2 days away from getting 4s until I discovered galaxy s2...Also who ever made the my touch phone drove ppl away also... S3 is the phone bringing users back
Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
edited by moderator

Also the evo line isn't actually a "droid".

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
HTC drove me away from windows and on to android, lol

The only think I'm interested in from htc is their new phablet, finally someone got it right (looks at samsung ) with the size

On my Samsung galaxy s3 running android 4.0

Because unlike ios, i keep my apps in app drawers, and not in infinite cluttered homescreens

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The HTC Incredible drove me to Android. My sister in-law exchanged her Captivate for an iPhone. In her case she expected it to be just like an iPhone. That mindset will drive a lot of people from whatever device that they expected to work in a particular way to the device that DOES work that way.

If you want something to taste like an chicken you should by an chicken. Buying frog legs and getting upset that it doesn't taste like chicken is silly. Although, with an open enough mind you will discover that both frog legs and chicken can be very tasty!

Steve in CT

Rackness

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a samsung facinate and it was one of the worst phones i have ever owned. It was so buggy it really put me off of android and samsung. I exchanged the thing 3 times and each one was as bad as the last. I bought and iphone and was very happy it was a thousand times better. The Motorola razr maxx and the fact that apple took their sweet ass time playing catch up that brought me back to android. The s3 proved to me that samsung can make a great phone it is the best phone i have ever owned quite the opposite of the fascinate. If things stay the course and android continues to mature i don't see myself going back to ios or switching to windows. Only Time will tell if something else comes along and and sets itself apart from the pack and is better for my needs that is what i will use. But for now i am happy with what I've got.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
edited by moderator

What a complete joke. This is a forum, Not a grammar class. There is really no need for your obnoxious remarks. So go be a teacher somewhere else if your going to rant and bring your sarcastic remarks. Aside from that, yes the evo line is in fact NOT a “Droid". You really know your stuff!! I'm mighty Impressed.

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk 2

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Exactly my point was HTC popular Evo phone made android look bad. And most users ran to iphones...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
HTC only made three DROIDs, the DROID Incredible, the DROID Incredible 2, and the DROID Incredible 4G LTE.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
HTC only made three DROIDs, the DROID Incredible, the DROID Incredible 2, and the DROID Incredible 4G LTE.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

What I was saying was HTC Evo brand was popular but was bad phones, that most former android users remember that switched over to iphones, and day android suck based on those phones, mostly ppl I no...

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm not saying the DROID line, I talking about android users jumping ship to iphones, when u ask them why that hate or dislike android platform bow they usually say Evo phones or my touch for Tmobile

ryanr509

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm not saying the DROID line, I talking about android users jumping ship to iphones, when u ask them why that hate or dislike android platform bow they usually say Evo phones or my touch for Tmobile

The OG evo was one of my favorite phones I've had. I had the evo 3d and that was a P.O.S but I've had a lot of other android that weren't HTC that were crap also.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
edited by moderator

I agree, a bitt racist dont ya think mate.? And yes the evo line was indeed not a "droid". Alot of ppl i know dont know the difference between a droid and an android smartphone lol. They assume their all the same like apples iphone. And i agree that the evo 3d was really buggy,but the og evo was great when i had it,no problems what so ever. And i agree with all the previous posts,its a forum. Not a english class. I love the look of my s3,it did feel like not too good of quality plastic w/o a case and the htc one x fealt more better quality but i always have a case on it so the feel doesnt bother me at all,really sharp looking smartphone. :)

Sent from my S3:)

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I've always liked HTC phones. Started off with the tilt 2 then the inspire and rezound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Rev2010

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
This thread is fail on so many levels. This is all merely opinion. My coworker really liked his Evo and stuck with Android and went to the new 4G model. Plus, the grammar is pretty painful, but this is an internet forum with users from all over the world so it's excusable.

To those of you calling Bond32 a racist, god relax people. Yeah his comment was very rude and out of line, no doubt about that. But racist? He didn't say anything specifically derogatory about hispanics, he was equating the grammar with a hispanic (ie. non-english speaking) kindergartener. Man these days one can't say hispanic, korean, german, whatever without being termed a racist. Do you guys ban Family Guy or South Park as racists?, because they joke around way worse.

*EDIT - Oh and Bond32, it's spelled "grammar".

Rev.

sakhari8

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I had the Evo and loved it. Wish I could exchange this SIII for the Evo LTE. Main reason the attenna on my phone sucks. I never once went into roaming in my house and this SIII roams at leats every 30 mins. Needless to say it roams and loses data connection alot.

I am trying to hold out until Oct and call Sprint to have them see how much roaming I am doing on this phone compared to my Evo. I am hoping to get them to switch me to an Evo LTE. I would even pay the difference. My phone is also my work phone and I can not have these issues every day. If they wont help out I guess I can go to another provider for 16 years.

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
The Evo helped put android on the map for the most part. Not saying it did it single handedly but it was a big flagship phone for HTC and android in my opinion. I had the evo and it was a really great device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown