09-27-2012 11:02 PM
61 123
tools
    I find this hard to believe. In android old days, the must have phones were HTC initially and this was long before the galaxy.

The mytouch series, the droid eris, incredible, hero and Later hero. Even after the galaxy, HTC line up was fairly decent.

I personally think it had to be Motorola phone s people had issues with because pre-fall 2011, Motorola had horrid and slow phones not on par with other androids. Compare HTC early offerings to phones like the back flip, the devour, the cliq series, the charm, and others and you will see why I disagree with the HTC thing.

On a side note, Motorola has come so far from a horrible moto cliq to phones like the RAZR.

Sent From Shock's Samsung GS3
    the1m.polo likes this.
    09-22-2012 09:21 AM
    Yes, those Sense reboots and app reloads look beautiful.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums
    09-22-2012 01:50 PM
    My experience with the Motorola Droid 2 and Android 2.3 update pushed me to the iPhone 4S. Numerous lockups, kernel panics and general instability daily was too much. I can handle a few apps here and there misbehaving, but for the phone to brick when making calls, texts, or playing music was not a good thing.
    Fortunately I'm having a much better experience so far with the GS3, and the 4S found a new home with one of my daughters.
    09-22-2012 11:38 PM
    My experience with the Motorola Droid 2 and Android 2.3 update pushed me to the iPhone 4S. Numerous lockups, kernel panics and general instability daily was too much. I can handle a few apps here and there misbehaving, but for the phone to brick when making calls, texts, or playing music was not a good thing.
    Fortunately I'm having a much better experience so far with the GS3, and the 4S found a new home with one of my daughters.
    Bad phones like the Droid 2 and LG Vortex and other low budget phones push people away from Android to the IPhone.

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2 using Android Central Forums
    09-23-2012 09:16 AM
    The evo was a powerhouse are you kidding me op that phone helped put android on the map especially for sprint who at the time had the samsung moment:thumbdown: and the intercept:thumbdown::thumbdown: that phone held strong all the way to its eos people regard it to this day as a game changer. That's almost as bad as the people who say the nsx didn't change the supercar world. All talk no research

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 09:37 AM
    Bad phones like the Droid 2 and LG Vortex and other low budget phones push people away from Android to the IPhone.

That's a good point. The low end phones would contribute to the bad feelings some folks had about Android. My wife had an LG Ally, and although she liked the form factor, the lack of memory caused lots of problems.

Steve

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 09:45 AM

Yes, that appears to be a problem. Interestingly my wife is ready soon for an upgrade and likes the S3's form factor and overall features. The discussion we're having now is around the pros/cons of leaving the iTunes and App ecosystem she's built up and is quite adept with over the years. I've been up front with her that there is not an equivalent iTunes experience (at least one that I'm aware of) yet for Android. That, rather than moving to a different OS, is probably going to be the biggest factor in her decision. On a more selfish note, I want whatever will help minimize stress and decrease tech support issue frequency and severity at home.
    09-27-2012 08:33 PM
    Yes, that appears to be a problem. Interestingly my wife is ready soon for an upgrade and likes the S3's form factor and overall features. The discussion we're having now is around the pros/cons of leaving the iTunes and App ecosystem she's built up and is quite adept with over the years. I've been up front with her that there is not an equivalent iTunes experience (at least one that I'm aware of) yet for Android. That, rather than moving to a different OS, is probably going to be the biggest factor in her decision. On a more selfish note, I want whatever will help minimize stress and decrease tech support issue frequency and severity at home.
    I've kept an iPad for this reason. When ever I need the app store, it's there.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 08:48 PM
    Not only did you call him ignorant, you called his friends ignorant. Look the word up in the dictionary. Now, I'm going to point out that you are ignorant. How does that feel?
    Ignorance can be cured, stupidity can't. That being said, the original EVO was a great phone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    09-27-2012 09:05 PM
    @ Curtis A. Good point. We have a few of those around the house. Agree that this may be a good "bridge" device, or security blanket and method to help with the transition. Most of her apps and the little kid apps are under the same account so that investment and ecosystem will carry on.
    Curtis A likes this.
    09-27-2012 09:49 PM
    Heck I'm still using my OG Evo two years in now and I love it. I agree it does need some tweaking and modding to keep it running smooth which much of the general public is not willing to spend the time on. Gf just picked herself up a iP5 also coming from OG Evo but I'm rockin' mine till the wheels fall off. That phone was def a game changer for HTC.

Sent from my NookColor using Android Central Forums
    nrm5110 likes this.
    09-27-2012 11:02 PM
61 123