HTC phones drove alot of DROID users to iphone..

MexRex

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Schiti Android phones is what caused people to switch to iPhone. OG EVO was not one of those phones. It helped spread the Android to the masses, then the Galaxy set the bar higher.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Also your grammer makes me think I'm grading history papers from a Hispanic kindergarten class.

Your comments are extremely inappropriate, and of all the things you could have said, you chose to insult his grammer and associate him with Hispanic kids. Shame on you. If I'd posted something like that, you'd be screaming for my resignation. I expect more from a member with over 800 posts.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Your comments are extremely inappropriate, and of all the things you could have said, you chose to insult his grammer and associate him with Hispanic kids. Shame on you. If I'd posted something like that, you'd be screaming for my resignation. I expect more from a member with over 800 posts.

Thank you! Can't tolerate bigots!

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Wrong wrong wrong...... Dinc was my all time favorite device until GS3..... Evo had issues but HTC is a great company and sold me on android as a whole.... If it wasn't for HTC I would have been on Apple.... I hated the original G1 and Droid by Moto... And when htc got on android... Android took off to a whole higher level... HTC put android on its back.. When Samsung was still trying to figure it out... Respect htc bra!!! They are going through hard times but android and the features you now have such as Facebook/twitter integration and overall presentation are largely due to HTC.... They made android look nice when it was super ugly.... Know your history man please!!!

Sent from my GS3....

Last edited:

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Wrong wrong wrong...... Dinc was my all time favorite device until GS3..... Evo had issues but HTC is a great company and sold me on android as a whole.... If it wasn't for HTC I would have been on Apple.... I hated the original droid... And when htc got on android... Android took off to a whole higher level... HTC put android on its back.. When Samsung was still trying to figure it out... Respect htc bra!!! They are going through hard times but android and the features you now have such as Facebook/twitter integration and overall presentation are largely due to HTC.... They made android look nice when it was super ugly.... Know your history man please!!!

Sent from my GS3....

While I love my DINC, they need to step it up.

Sent with Oliver's Dying Breath

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
Not to tell you what to say.... But what I think you are saying is...... Android is finally on iphone level... Some of the people who switched should give android another look on a high end device.... Because I know many people who left due to Samsungs and Motorola too... Point is andoid wasn't there yet and now they are... Wasn't just HTC...

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
While I love my DINC, they need to step it up.

They have....But if you have any Dinc "Verizon" you haven't had a chance to see it... Verizon doesn't have a true oneX series device... Now I'm not on HTC cause I got tired of sense and I agree they need to bring more innovation but they can't out of fear of apple... HTC doesn't have Samsung money to pay apple in court... So they are stuck... But we shouldn't disrespect what they did for Android

Oh and I wanted a multi carrier phone like the GS3....I want htc to have one flagship device that looks the same on each carrier once a year... You buy one htc or Moto and a better one is out next month... Like Iphone with GS3... U get their beat tech for at least a year in one phone...
That's my #1 reason for leaving htc
Sent from my GS3....

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not saying the DROID line, I talking about android users jumping ship to iphones, when u ask them why that hate or dislike android platform bow they usually say Evo phones or my touch for Tmobile

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Uh. The title of this thread clearly said "DROID" users. :/

What I was saying was HTC Evo brand was popular but was bad phones, that most former android users remember that switched over to iphones, and day android suck based on those phones, mostly ppl I no...

The original EVO was one of the best Android phones available at the time.

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Phones are like anything else. For the most part, every manufacturer has good ones and bad ones even within a specific type. These forums are proof of that. People hate or love a phone based on their experience with it. Just sayin...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Android Central Forums

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
OP's comment is extremely ignorant. I have an Evo 3D and have had it since Christmas Day and it's great phone. Just cause you and your ignorant friends don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad phone.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
They have....But if you have any Dinc "Verizon" you haven't had a chance to see it... Verizon doesn't have a true oneX series device... Now I'm not on HTC cause I got tired of sense and I agree they need to bring more innovation but they can't out of fear of apple... HTC doesn't have Samsung money to pay apple in court... So they are stuck... But we shouldn't disrespect what they did for Android

Oh and I wanted a multi carrier phone like the GS3....I want htc to have one flagship device that looks the same on each carrier once a year... You buy one htc or Moto and a better one is out next month... Like Iphone with GS3... U get their beat tech for at least a year in one phone...
That's my #1 reason for leaving htc
Sent from my GS3....

I will say this: the EVO 4G LTE build quality makes Samsung devices look and feel like they were built by children using melted plastic dolls and Easy Bake ovens.

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
At the time the only better phone was the iphone..... Yea it was more stable than any smart phone... Windows.. Black berry... . Webos... So those people clearly had just came off a flip phone at the time and didn't understand crashes freezes just came with the territory of a smart phone.... That's what made the iphone sooo nice back then.....Wasn't just a htc thing... It was smartphone period... That's why people loved the iphone it was solid... Until people found out you couldn't send a picture messages or record a video.. And had to use iTunes...
I stuck with HTC and when I seen an iphone I purposely did things they couldn't like pull up YouTube using flash..

Sent from my GS3....

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I will say this: the EVO 4G LTE build quality makes Samsung devices look and feel like they were built by children using melted plastic dolls and Easy Bake ovens.

Man I felt the same way for years.... GS3 is built pretty nice though.. Once you put a case on it they all feel the same... I'm more into innovation now... Samsung has the edge on em all right now... Features no other phone has... Other than that I'll take a Motorola razr nothing is built better and it's closest to stock Android.... HTC (I will always love em) just need something new for me... I've owned sooo many going back to windows mobile and I'm tired of sense

Sent from my GS3....

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
OP's comment is extremely ignorant. I have an Evo 3D and have had it since Christmas Day and it's great phone. Just cause you and your ignorant friends don't like it doesn't mean it's a bad phone.

For gods sake, if some of you can't figure out how to make a point without being so insultive, please move on.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
It isn't insulting to point out that just because they think something doesn't make it true. That's just fact.

Not only did you call him ignorant, you called his friends ignorant. Look the word up in the dictionary. Now, I'm going to point out that you are ignorant. How does that feel?

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

I have a network of 10,000 ppl most bash android when I talk how great my s3 is, they say mostly they had a android then switched to iphone, I ask them what phone did they have they mostly say htc Evo and Evo 3d and my touch... I understand the Android platform was buggy and bad, but over heating and phone always rebooting was ppl big problems

the1m.polo

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I have a network of 10,000 ppl most bash android when I talk how great my s3 is, they say mostly they had a android then switched to iphone, I ask them what phone did they have they mostly say htc Evo and Evo 3d and my touch... I understand the Android platform was buggy and bad, but over heating and phone always rebooting was ppl big problems

Homey you came out straight up dissing HTC.(that was the intent of your post and hey that's your opinion) but ...... It wasn't just HTC... HTC helped build and lay the foundation of android.... Android as a whole was and in some cases still is buggy... So next time say to them hey you should try a new HTC or android... They fixed a lot... Your post came off like your slapping htc for older phones....you just could have worded it better.. Like man we have come a long way from the Evo, so many people left android because of buggieness they should try it now... Lmao... You just come out dissing an android forefather on an Android forum..... Smh expect some heat

I get your point though I know people who had the Evo and now have iPhones.... But many of them are bored with iphone and asking me how I like the GS3...

Sent from my GS3....