I just upgraded to a 32gb phone and before I migrated everything I saved critical information via each particular app to the SD card. When I moved the card to the new phone I am not seeing any of the files that were previously stored. Does anyone know if when setting up a new phone that my SD card created a new location with new files. I was using Astro to see my file structure and it appears I have 2 locations. I am assuming each of the listed apps cant find the backup information because its pointed to the wrong location. Does anyone know how to move those files or make each app point to the appropriate backup location? Nova doesn't allow me to change the file location so when I hit restore there is no restore points to choose. Its blank. I am new to Android still and this is my first time trying to move files and so far its not going very well. Any help is appreciated.
    09-19-2012 10:31 AM
    all i can suggest is copying the files from sd to your computer and then on to the phones internal memory.
    i know when i got my s3, none of my backed up app settings worked but this was before i realised apps cant be read from external sd so i just formatted it
    ps did you back up to Sd Card or Ext Sd Card? if it was Sd Card then thats inside your 16gb phone man sorry.
    best to back things up online in future

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    09-19-2012 11:00 AM
    all i can suggest is copying the files from sd to your computer and then on to the phones internal memory.
    i know when i got my s3, none of my backed up app settings worked but this was before i realised apps cant be read from external sd so i just formatted it
    ps did you back up to Sd Card or Ext Sd Card? if it was Sd Card then thats inside your 16gb phone man sorry.
    best to back things up online in future

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess
    That is probably what happened. I made the assumption that SD Card meant external. So I probably saved to the internal SD and therefore data is gone! Yikes! Oh well, good lesson learned, I hadn't done too much so not a huge loss. I wonder why Nova and some other apps don't let you choose the backup file destination. Thanks for your help!
    funkylogik likes this.
    09-19-2012 11:57 AM
    lesson learned bro. a lot of people have done similar
    and the choice probably isnt there yet because not many phones use this system of storage yet but according to google its the future so the dev's better get their act together

09-19-2012 12:01 PM
    lesson learned bro. a lot of people have done similar
    and the choice probably isnt there yet because not many phones use this system of storage yet but according to google its the future so the dev's better get their act together

Ok, I was just setting my camera up and the first pop up window says I have an "SD Card" inserted would I like to save to that location. Do all apps have to say "External SD Card" to be saved to the external card or do some say SD Card as well? Very confusing but it raises a question because the camera app describes what appears to be the external card just as sd card.
    09-19-2012 10:07 PM