Latest Samsung Ad About People Lining Up For The iPhone 5

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes I caught a good laugh from this video.. I have to give Samsung a thumbs up for making the best of things considering what has transpired in the past few weeks/months...

taylorz_412

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Its funny and all but I don't think its smart marketing all it does is drive all the apple fans farther from your product

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Roffles

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its funny and all but I don't think its smart marketing all it does is drive all the apple fans farther from your product

I'm not one to wait in line for anything so perhaps I don't understand, but I would think it will make them feel self conscious rather than hate Samsung. After all, many of them are choosing aesthetics and brand image over functionality which means they are buying these phones to be hip and cool. Me thinks this type of consumer has a low self esteem and buys this sort of phone to be accepted by their peers. These commercials are pointing out that it's not hip or cool to stand in line for overpriced tech jewelery.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I just watched it.. "this one has 4g"
"Yea,we've had it for a while.."
"This one has a big screen.."
"Yea,this one has a bigger one " lol..

Sent from my S3:)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
oh man that is so CHEEZY!!!
sorry but its like a US presidential campaign ad' *puke* :(

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
it defo wouldnt go down well in my country... must be a cultural thing.. its just so blatant and dumb to me.. no offence to anyone who likes it, i think we're just more tuned into less obvious advertising here

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or crazy) guess ;)

KreepyKen

Just a cool guy
Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
it defo wouldnt go down well in my country... must be a cultural thing.. its just so blatant and dumb to me.. no offence to anyone who likes it, i think we're just more tuned into less obvious advertising here

I think most people in here enjoy it because it's such a blatant poke in Apple's ribs. Yes, it's silly...but that's how a lot of "outsiders" see Apple fans (and yes, I've waited in line at an Apple store before...for Jaguar). It's childish, but it's clever. It's cartoonish, but it's accurate. Many dichotomies to appreciate. And we know it's going to piss off Apple, and that makes it even better.

My favorite part is when the dude's parents show up and thank him for holding their place in line. That's even funnier to me because my mom bought an iPhone 4S about six months ago...so it's definitely spreading into the older demographics.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Remember those "I'm a Mac and I'm a PC ads"? Looks like Apple's finally on the receiving end. Yes the ad is a bit obvious, but most of the people who buy Apple products can't distinguish between marketing and reality anyway.

Sent from my One X using Android Central Forums

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
oh man that is so CHEEZY!!!
sorry but its like a US presidential campaign ad' *puke* :(

ya but i rather be forced to watch this with every youtube video than have to watch a presidantal ad with every vid

The Real X Dawg

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

The more hardcore fans sure... The casual fans probably don't even care. My Apple loving friends find it funny but they also find it silly to camp outside a store for a damn phone.

Sent from my Jelly Bean chomping Infuse 4G!