Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

02-12-2019 02:00 AM
9,392 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    My girlfriend said she'll beat me into a plup if I don't believe so I try to dodge the subject whenever she brings it up lol.

Anybody here runners.? If so Anyone ever time time a mile run.? My best is 6min. 10sec. Wooh.!

Sent from my awesome HTC one x(:
    Nope, but my best is like 9:30... And I'm a pretty big kid too

Sent from my HTC One X
    11-05-2012 02:30 PM
    Morning...Sort of. My throat hurts.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    11-05-2012 02:44 PM
    Morning, windslash. Hope your throat gets better.

well done mate. i was long distance cross country runner till i got asthma at 14
    just been talkin bout joinin a gym or martial art to get fit. depression sufferers can get free gym membership ive been practicing ma puches on like a 2stone head sized punch ball lol. got my uppercut mastered, its something ive never tried in a scrap

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    Ahh yes, I see. Yeeees. Yeeees.
    Sorry to hear of your Asthma. But the questions is, mate . . . have you been practicing your depression?

. . ~ I'll try to keep a closer eye on this thread from now on and jump in if I see things going off track so no one gets into trouble ... so no worries
    Uh-Ohhh! :0 . . .
    Btw, Cyber Warrior, what do you think of that CLEANROM? Are you happy with it? Is there a central place . . for an android noob to go . . to try and decide on what root/mod/ROM/rec, etc.-etc. to possibly try-out? Or are there some consensus (safest & most stock like) ones? Thanks.
    It's nice to have a moderator who's not just a moderator, but a 'Super Moderator'! And with a very cool avatar pic as well.
    wyndslash and funkylogik like this.
    11-05-2012 03:05 PM
    Sitting in English, and I guess I'm done with work for today. Teacher said we could use use our phones since it's vocab. What are the rest of you up to?

Sent from my HTC One X
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-05-2012 03:13 PM
    I'm about to boot scootin' boogie on outa here. Laters.
    11-05-2012 03:16 PM
    I can see the screen pretty well in sunlight; if it's really bright out, you might turn the brightness up some. But this screen is really nice.
    No black splotches that I've seen. I've read that someone saw splotches while looking at a dark background, but I haven't been able to reproduce it. And I can't say enough about the battery life!
    Cool! I was thinking of getting a Note device next upgrade (Note 4, anyone? ) or maybe getting a Note 2 off contract when I have enough $$$, but I was worried that I might see the same screen problems I had on the S3

Sent from my HTC One X
    11-05-2012 03:18 PM
    watchin The Gadget Show on tv (channel5)
    new season. wonder if you lot outside UK can get it on youtube flash site? its not BBC so cant see why not.
    they just did a test on earbuds under 100, high end quad bikes and low end smart phones. now they testin AAA batteries
    love this show, the weekly contest is immense, like 30k (uk) worth of tech

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess
    11-05-2012 03:29 PM
    I'm about to boot scootin' boogie on outa here. Laters.
    tc m8

11-05-2012 03:30 PM
    Will you guys let me know when the coffee break is around here....thanks!!
    *whistle* COFFEE/CIDER BREAK BOYS N GALS :beer:

11-05-2012 03:33 PM

I'll have some cider, thanks

11-05-2012 03:35 PM
    well done mate. i was long distance cross country runner till i got asthma at 14
    just been talkin bout joinin a gym or martial art to get fit. depression sufferers can get free gym membership ive been practicing ma puches on like a 2stone head sized punch ball lol. got my uppercut mastered, its something ive never tried in a scrap

Thanks and its backwards for me,I use to have asthma but it went away when I was like 6. So now ima mean lean running machine.!

funkylogik likes this.
    11-05-2012 04:00 PM
    Thanks and its backwards for me,I use to have asthma but it went away when I was like 6. So now ima mean lean running machine.!

glad you grew out of it mate.
    i was built pretty well, not bulging but nicely toned when i worked and i have a good frame and gain muscle easily so its a shame im wasting away.
    one good thing if i get the jail is ill be fed healthily and do an hour of weights a day and come out detoxed. ill be a robot

SenseMonkey likes this.
    11-05-2012 04:12 PM
    I'll have some cider, thanks

im on this filth
    Random Social Chit-Chat-uploadfromtaptalk1352153617835.jpg
    4 for 3litres (5pints?) 7.5% alc lol. pass a cup bro

11-05-2012 04:14 PM
    happy guy faulks day btw peeps "the only man to enter parliament with honest intentions" RIP comrade

11-05-2012 04:17 PM

Coffee here

Sent from my HTC One X
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-05-2012 04:19 PM
    Coffee here

Sent from my HTC One X
    want de-caff, skinny latte?

anyone terrified Obama is gona lose?

11-05-2012 04:22 PM

Uh-Ohhh! :0 . . .
    Btw, Cyber Warrior, what do you think of that CLEANROM? Are you happy with it? Is there a central place . . for an android noob to go . . to try and decide on what root/mod/ROM/rec, etc.-etc. to possibly try-out? Or are there some consensus (safest & most stock like) ones? Thanks.
    It's nice to have a moderator who's not just a moderator, but a 'Super Moderator'! And with a very cool avatar pic as well.
    Thanks.. Yes I recommend CleanROM if you want a stock experience with some extra goodies included. This is the first device to where Ive actually been happy with the stock ROM that comes with the phone and I know a lot of others that say the same thing. The only reason that I've even rooted the phone is most likely for the free wireless tethering.. other than that I would be more than happy keeping this phone the way it came straight out of the box.

I'm not sure which version you have.. I know the international version of this phone has TONS of custom rom choices.. almost too many, its very overwhelming... but for Verizon which I have, the two popular ROMs are CleanROM and probably JellyWiz or CM10... CleanROM is basically the same as stock but its deodexed. Im also using the Kind of Crap mods and Imoysens lean kernel.

There isnt necessarily a "safe" ROM... they' re all pretty much safe as long as you have a nandroid backup of your stock ROM just in case you screw something up... But there are stable and non stable. Anything thats labeled as beta or alpha is still going through its testing phase and will most likely have some bugs. As for a centralized place to go for info... we have root guides and ROM guides/threads/info located right here in the forums but you'll find the developers hanging out on XDA or Rootzwiki. If you can't find the info.. just ask or start a new thread asking for help and there will be plenty of members willing to help you out.. One thing Android Central strives on is friendly kind members willing to help.. unlike the other Android forums out there that tell you to go search for an answer or make fun of someone not as knowledgeable.
    winmod21 and funkylogik like this.
    11-05-2012 04:25 PM
    want de-caff, skinny latte?

anyone terrified Obama is gona lose?

All the caff I can get! Decaf's for noobs

Sent from my HTC One X
    funkylogik likes this.
    11-05-2012 04:27 PM
    Thanks.. Yes I recommend CleanROM if you want a stock experience with some extra goodies included. This is the first device to where Ive actually been happy with the stock ROM that comes with the phone and I know a lot of others that say the same thing. The only reason that I've even rooted the phone is most likely for the free wireless tethering.. other than that I would be more than happy keeping this phone the way it came straight out of the box.

I'm not sure which version you have.. I know the international version of this phone has TONS of custom rom choices.. almost too many, its very overwhelming... but for Verizon which I have, the two popular ROMs are CleanROM and probably JellyWiz or CM10... CleanROM is basically the same as stock but its deodexed. Im also using the Kind of Crap mods and Imoysens lean kernel.

There isnt necessarily a "safe" ROM... they' re all pretty much safe as long as you have a nandroid backup of your stock ROM just in case you screw something up... But there are stable and non stable. Anything thats labeled as beta or alpha is still going through its testing phase and will most likely have some bugs. As for a centralized place to go for info... we have root guides and ROM guides/threads/info located right here in the forums but you'll find the developers hanging out on XDA or Rootzwiki. If you can't find the info.. just ask or start a new thread asking for help and their will be plenty of members willing to help you out.. One thing Android Central strives on is friendly kind members willing to help.. unlike the other Android forums out there that tell you to go search for an answer or make fun of someone not as knowledgeable.
    thats why i love this forum. theres a few "google it" people but not many

i also genuinely like this phone stock
    1st time ive kept a phone skinned.
    just wonder if itl be faster with a lighter rom.
    i use Nova launcher, main thing i like in touchwiz is the quick toggles but im sure i could add them or a rom includes them.

so the tethering thing.. is that stock option removed/blocked on the US androids?

ps, on the s3, does a nandroid backup have to be on external sd to avoid being wiped?

winmod21 likes this.
    11-05-2012 04:31 PM
    thats why i love this forum. theres a few "google it" people but not many

i also genuinely like this phone stock
    1st time ive kept a phone skinned.
    just wonder if itl be faster with a lighter rom.
    i use Nova launcher, main thing i like in touchwiz is the quick toggles but im sure i could add them or a rom includes them.

so the tethering thing.. is that stock option removed/blocked on the US androids?

ps, on the s3, does a nandroid backup have to be on external sd to avoid being wiped?

I disliked touch wiz when I had the s3 cause there was so much wasted space on such a large screen,nova launcher and other launchers do a better job of utilizing the entire screen.. :thumbup:

11-05-2012 04:37 PM
    I disliked touch wiz when I had the s3 cause there was so much wasted space on such a large screen,nova launcher and other launchers do a better job of utilizing the entire screen.. :thumbup:

totaly man. id never use the stock launcher.
    in the 1st hour i had disablded capacitive button and charging LEDs and installed Go Launcher, now im a Nova Prime man... such a breath of fresh air

11-05-2012 04:49 PM
    this is what i mean about the stock tethering option
    Random Social Chit-Chat-uploadfromtaptalk1352155932620.jpg
    is that missing from US phones?

11-05-2012 04:52 PM
    Sitting in English, and I guess I'm done with work for today. Teacher said we could use use our phones since it's vocab. What are the rest of you up to?
    Just got back from the Beach, it was a scorcher 93 degrees (In November!).
    Random Social Chit-Chat-screenshot_2012-11-05-14-00-17.png
    11-05-2012 04:54 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352155932620.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	44871

I think I may have seen that on my S3... Not too sure.

But I have it here.

Sent from my HTC One X
    Attached Thumbnails Random Social Chit-Chat-uploadfromtaptalk1352156178660.jpg  
    11-05-2012 04:56 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1352155932620.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	44871

The U.S version has it,only difference is that some carriers require you to pay for it like Sprint. At&t it comes included with the deal.

11-05-2012 04:59 PM
9,392 ... 7677787980 ...