Random Social Chit-Chat

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
That's what I'm talking about, the Samsung is galaxy s3gs

I don't recognize it as the s4

Its equivalent to what apple did with the 4s

Sent from my SPH-L710 running Liquid Smooth RC2 4.2.2

Not even close, Samsung did more than bump up the specs, they added a lot of new software features.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Android Central Forums

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Not even close, Samsung did more than bump up the specs, they added a lot of new software features.

Half of which are useless

Is it really necessary to pause the screen when I look away from it? What if I'm listenkng to audio on YouTube? I don't look at the screen every second

Why do I need to wave my hand over my screen to change a tab? I'll look like a freak in public and I won't even use it at home

Eye scrolling? Doesn't work in the dark. And is it that hard to scroll with your hand? After all, ur holding your device with one, lol

The hover feature will be useful to me tho, but the majority of the features are either useless, gimmicky, or inefficient

I'll be waiting for the note 3,which will probably be octa core

Oh and, the Samsung galaxy s3 will be getting a lot of those same features in a future update, so why would anyone go from the 3 to the 4?

Sent from my Google Nexus 7 running aokp 4.1.2 #AOKP-Till-I-Die

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Half of which are useless

Is it really necessary to pause the screen when I look away from it? What if I'm listenkng to audio on YouTube? I don't look at the screen every second

Why do I need to wave my hand over my screen to change a tab? I'll look like a freak in public and I won't even use it at home

Eye scrolling? Doesn't work in the dark. And is it that hard to scroll with your hand? After all, ur holding your device with one, lol

The hover feature will be useful to me tho, but the majority of the features are either useless, gimmicky, or inefficient

I'll be waiting for the note 3,which will probably be octa core

Oh and, the Samsung galaxy s3 will be getting a lot of those same features in a future update, so why would anyone go from the 3 to the 4?

Doesn't matter, they're still there. So at least Samsung puts in the effort, plus they're useless to someone but other people will like them.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Doesn't matter, they're still there. So at least Samsung puts in the effort, plus they're useless to someone but other people will like them.

So if a feature is useless is doesn't matter as long as they made an effort to add something? I disagree

Sure people will like some of them, but for a real user, the majority of those features are a complete waste of time

The whole wave your hand to change a tab was just hilarious. Maybe if it was a tablet or something I would think differently, but it's just ridiculous

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Just because you won`t use the features don`t make them useless. I can for one see a lot of use in all the gestures, especially the ones that can be used to answer or disconnect calls. Less distraction while driving if you truly feel the need to answer. If for some reason you can`t use your hands at that time...like if a lady has wet nails or if somebody is cooking and has messy hands but needs to scroll or tab over to another page with a recipe or something.

Point is, you might not see a use for it all in your life but that doesn`t make these features `useless` to everyone else.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Just because you won`t use the features don`t make them useless. I can for one see a lot of use in all the gestures, especially the ones that can be used to answer or disconnect calls. Less distraction while driving if you truly feel the need to answer. If for some reason you can`t use your hands at that time...like if a lady has wet nails or if somebody is cooking and has messy hands but needs to scroll or tab over to another page with a recipe or something.

Point is, you might not see a use for it all in your life but that doesn`t make these features `useless` to everyone else.

But it's useless to me, lol, doesn't matter to me if others will find the features good, I'm just saying that I don't feel it's worthy of the galaxy s4 name, it's more of a gs3s,especially when you factor in that some of those features will be on the gs3 at some point

This was an incremental upgrade, a few nice features but imo, alot of gimmicks, just like how everyone found smart stay to be useless, alot of those features on the gs3s are

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
So if a feature is useless is doesn't matter as long as they made an effort to add something? I disagree

Sure people will like some of them, but for a real user, the majority of those features are a complete waste of time

The whole wave your hand to change a tab was just hilarious. Maybe if it was a tablet or something I would think differently, but it's just ridiculous

What exactly is your definition of a real user? What makes these people more real than people that use the features? The fact that they agree with you?

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
The problem is you keep saying that these features are useless and touting it as a fact, when it is nothing more than your opinion. These features are useless *to you*, but they are not useless as a whole.

You also continue to say that 'everyone' found a certain feature to be useless. So, you have spoken to everyone that owns a Galaxy S3 then?

If you are not happy with the S4, then that is totally fine. Just don't spout off your opinions like they are facts and should apply to everyone else.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
What exactly is your definition of a real user? What makes these people more real than people that use the features? The fact that they agree with you?

No I mean people that actually use their phone and change things. I I have friends who haven't changed anything since they got the phone at all, stock messaging, stock lockscreen, stock home screen widgets

I mean literally, the only thing they have changed is the wallpaper

Those are the users I think would probably find those features interesting Imo, not the people that actually download lots of apps and make an effort to customize their phone and stuff

I even know people that still complain about smart stay, when they could just search in the play store for an app like screebl and get rid of all their issues or at least quell some of them. They literally just use the phone the way it came out of the box and know nothing, just saw the commercial on the tv, went and bought the phone, end of story

Just my opinion, doesn't matter if u don't agree with me, doesn't change anything, no use arguing over it. I wouldn't understand anyone wanting to upgrade from the gs3 to the gs3s, it's not really much of an upgrade, it's just a longer galaxy s3

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The problem is you keep saying that these features are useless and touting it as a fact, when it is nothing more than your opinion. These features are useless *to you*, but they are not useless as a whole.

You also continue to say that 'everyone' found a certain feature to be useless. So, you have spoken to everyone that owns a Galaxy S3 then?

If you are not happy with the S4, then that is totally fine. Just don't spout off your opinions like they are facts and should apply to everyone else.

I should have said majority instead of everyone

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
No I mean people that actually use their phone and change things. I I have friends who haven't changed anything since they got the phone at all, stock messaging, stock lockscreen, stock home screen widgets

I mean literally, the only thing they have changed is the wallpaper

Those are the users I think would probably find those features interesting Imo, not the people that actually download lots of apps and make an effort to customize their phone and stuff

I even know people that still complain about smart stay, when they could just search in the play store for an app like screebl and get rid of all their issues or at least quell some of them. They literally just use the phone the way it came out of the box and know nothing, just saw the commercial on the tv, went and bought the phone, end of story

Just my opinion, doesn't matter if u don't agree with me, doesn't change anything, no use arguing over it. I wouldn't understand anyone wanting to upgrade from the gs3 to the gs3s, it's not really much of an upgrade, it's just a longer galaxy s3

But it isn't. Longer, thinner, better screen, new software features, new camera. It's a bigger update than most of what we see these days.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
But it isn't. Longer, thinner, better screen, new software features, new camera. It's a bigger update than most of what we see these days.

I think we all know that the hardware is better, but I'm more talking the software side of things

Personally, it's not much better than the gs3,and the note 2 is still the better option

Do u feel it was a definite upgrade on the software side and would you upgrade to it from ur gs3?

xlDeMoNiClx

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
I think we all know that the hardware is better, but I'm more talking the software side of things

Personally, it's not much better than the gs3,and the note 2 is still the better option

Do u feel it was a definite upgrade on the software side and would you upgrade to it from ur gs3?

Hell yes I do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall